THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    If You Could Ask for New Item from the Manufacturers
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Could Ask for New Item from the Manufacturers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
One more small request! That all rifles come with a nice receiver peep sight so that all these rediculous arguments about which is the best scope would go away!

It's Friday and I have nothing better to do than surf the web. LOL

Posts: 165 | Location: PA | Registered: 22 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I concur with Allen on the Model 70. The design is a promising but the execution leaves me wanting. A thorough QC overhaul is in order. One piece all steel bottom metal for all M70's like that used on the super grade is in order as well as spring steel extractors. I would like the swept back bolt handle to be lost(and that knurled ring along with it) and replaced with a straight one Also the vapor finish similar to the pre-64 M70 would be nice.
While I am not certain of the particulars, I would like to see USRAC and Olin come to an agreement that would allow USRAC to produce the model 101 O/U again. While the new Supreme O/U is a nice firearm, it is a Browning Citori in Winchester clothing. Badge engineering as GM calls it. Winchester of the past produced a quality O/U of proprietary design and should be currently producing it as well. And forget the M1300 and reintroduce the M12.
I think theat USRAC could really distinguish itself as a sporting arms manufacture if there was a complete movement within the company towards producing high(er) quality goods across the board while keeping price inline with current prices.
I would like to see Ruger offer the Bisley Blackhawk in .454 Casull and .480 Ruger in blued steel with 5 shot cylinders. Also the adjustable sight Bisley should be available with a 5 1/2" barrel as well as regular production stainless steel variants. And please bring back the .32 H&R magnum Bisley.
It would be nice if Ruger would actually produce the large action M77 rifles that were displayed at the RMEF show in Denver 2 years ago. Ruger is long over due for a regular production true long action rifle. Oh yeah, the M77 magnum rifle in .404 Jeffery for Ray would be nice too. A M77(M70 too) in 9.3x62 and 9.3x64 would get my attention along with many others I'm sure.
Finally, I would like Olin to offer a version of the Failsafe bullet that is not moly coated and/or offer it agin with the lubaloy coating.

[ 07-20-2002, 07:25: Message edited by: DavidReed ]

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see a Ruger #1 Tropical in either 470 Nitro Express or 450/400 Nitro Express. Kind of a throw back to the day of the British single shot in Nitro calibers.
Also be nice to see Remington do their Model 700 Classic in 9.3x62 someday.

MAC

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see quality return to the gun makers. Parts that fit, adjustable triggers that really are, bolts that are square to the bore, and chambers that are polished, accurate, and true.
(At a reasonable price) Is that asking to much?

[ 07-20-2002, 05:48: Message edited by: John Y Cannuck ]

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Y Cannuck:
I'd like to see quality return to the gun makers. Parts that fit, adjustable triggers that really are, bolts that are square to the bore, and chambers that are polished, accurate, and true.
(At a reasonable price) Is that asking to much?

Production left-handed magnum bolt action rifles by someone other than Winchester.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like David Reed , I would like to see Ruger lengthen the standard M77 to handle .375 , .416 Rem. , etc. I think there would be a ready market for a budget priced controled feed rifle chambered to some of the big boomers .........

Posts: 1660 | Location: Gary , SD | Registered: 05 March 2001Reply With Quote
<HBH>
posted
I'll start with the small stuff.

Pachmayr - Make or bring back a RED Old English- black based- Decelerator 1" Please!!!! they are supposed to be red. Anyone out there looking to get rid of several of these (medium), you have found a pigeon.

I have given up on factories suiting me to a T, but Winchester- Find the old Magazine box and followers. I'm not even going to hope for pre -64 boxes that actually suited each round. The generation just before this last change was better. again Winchester- while your at it build a damn follower that works and wont be beat to death, oh and then there is that magazine spring and exractor, and lose the crappy knurling on the bolt handle already.

See now you got me started and Winchester's 70 is my favorite.

Many Thanks

HBH

<waldog>
posted
I don't want them to change a single thing!!!

New offerings, tighter tolerances, better ammo.... NO THANK YOU! I like the uniqueness of my custom rifles. Nevermind the art of *accurate reloading*. And I like the fact that the craftsmanship that goes into them is not availiable at the whim of the great american consumer. The way I see it, closer tolerances (et al) only detracts from the nostalgic appreciation of "they don't build 'em like they usedta". [Big Grin] [Cool] [Big Grin]

BTW, someone had to put a plug in this thread for all the fine gunsmiths out there! [Cool]

[ 07-20-2002, 09:06: Message edited by: waldog ]

<allen day>
posted
HBH, man, do I ever second your wishes when it comes to recoil pads!

For some reason (possibly a brain fart!) Pachmayr decided to discontinue red recoil pads a few years ago. This is a travesty, since the world of rifles is not just black and brown, and besides, Pachmyr makes the best pads in the world. All of the other red pads you can buy are as hard as a brick and of little use on anything bigger than a .30-06. But with Pachmyr, the most traditional recoil pad color of them all was axed, and I can't tell you how many guys I know who are hording all they can find of what's left at small gunshops, gunshows, etc. I called Pachmayr to voice my displeasure over this situation, which probably did about as much good as calling the IRS with the opinion that it should be disbanded!

Pachmayr has also discontinued its fine "Presentation" pad as well. For sure the black base Decelerator, Old English, and Presentation pads need to be offered again in red (the Decelerator never was), that is, if there's any justice in this world!

HBH: I sent my last red Old English to D'Arcy for use on a .338 he's building for me. I couldn't think of a better career for it than that!

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd still like to see an improved Savage Model 24V in .243/20 gauge, with a heavier rifle barrel so as to get three shot groups in say, one and a half inches. I asked about that once and was told no, in red letters. Later I got my 24V rebored 6mm-.223, an acceptable compromise for 200-yard shooting.

Tom

Posts: 14629 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
<HBH>
posted
Allen,

Yep, the devil is in the details, is it not?

I need (2) of those Red, Old English pads in medium. I have turned several stock rooms upside down, and leaned across too many gunshow tables, to count looking for them. My last one went on my bird gun, an early CE grade Fox.

The 338 sounds perfect, as you know brown and red work for me aswell.

BTW - I think I may owe you a word of thanks. You know how some things workout, well something did last tuesday.

Many Thanks

HBH

[ 07-21-2002, 01:29: Message edited by: HBH ]

one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
You guys looking for the red Old English pads, have you tried the original red Silvers Pad?

Available from Kynamco they are what goes on best english guns and rifles. They are soft and comfortable. I also have the Pachmyer Old English and cannot tell the difference in felt recoil.

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1. Like to Ruger develop a 375 over 12 gauge rifle shotgun.
2, Left handed Remington short action in 416/300 sarum.
3. Browning BAR in 458x2.

Better prices on Ammo!!!

Roger

Posts: 1409 | Location: S. E. ARIZONA | Registered: 05 June 2002Reply With Quote
<HBH>
posted
Deerdogs,

Do you have any contact info. for the company that has Silvers? I have never had one in my hand, I think I have seen photos, and perhaps an advertisement, but cant remember where. Can you tell me if thet are flat or contoured at the heel and toe?
Most recently I have used a London Guns pad. This pad is contoured though and I would preffer flat.

Many Thanks

HBH

<Ted Davis>
posted
I would like a Ruger mini-14 to come out in either 308 or 243. I know that the action could handle a 243. What a great deer rifle it would be.

one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
HBH

Here is a link to their site.

http://freespace.virgin.net/kynoch.ammunition/contents.htm

I am no expert and I think you would be better off asking them the questions!

Hope this helps.

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
<HBH>
posted
Deerdogs,

Thanks, I looked at the site. Just from what I could see at the site, the Silvers pad sure looks like the London Guns pad offered in the US by Brownells. I may post the question in Gunsmithing.

Many Thanks
HBH

one of us
posted Hide Post
1. The No. 1 Ruger in 9.3x74R.
2. A five-shot Mauser in 35 Remington.
3. A Ruger semi-auto 308.
4. A CRF 358 Winchester.
5. The Smith & Wesson Model 35.
6. Ashley Outdoors standing peep sight/Weaver base combo for a 98 Mauser.

Okie John.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A couple of items from CZ...
1) A 550 Full Stock in .358Win (with an aperture sight)
2) The 452 in .17HMR

Posts: 25 | Location: Brooklyn, NY, USA | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A mauser actioned, drop plate, side safety, straight comb, cheek piece, 24" barrel with no swamp, steel low mounts that truly are low, 2lb trigger, plain dark wood (beech for all I care) with a silvers pad and sling studs.

No hogs backs, magazines, superfluous (for most) irons, montecarlos, ladder mounts, huge barrel swamp preventing low mounting, hollow recoil pads etc etc just an ordinary quality rifle.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see Remington come out with a new model bolt action. Something with CRF and a 3-Position safety that still cycled smoothly would be very nice. I love Remington but I hate having to cycle rounds with the gun off "safe"!!

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
An affordable Hagn/Hartmann & Weiss actioned rifle with integral open sights, scope base, full rib barrel. Rugers are great but I'd sure like one of these too.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John S.
Blazer (owned by Sig Arms) has been making 'take-down' rifles for years. You can even change calibers with it and maintain accuracy.

As for my wish list, a Savage 99 in 300 WSM w/ the rotary mag.

Posts: 203 | Location: Back home in Texas | Registered: 20 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like to see the re-introduction of the Newton cartridges. I would like to see the 416 Taylor legitimized. I would like to see a re-introduction of the Winchester M69 .22. I would like to see the return of the Silvertip bullets especially the 250 gr 35. I would like to see all the injection molded stocks recycled into toilet seats.
I would like to see a rugged pickup truck without a lot of unnecessary fluff.
I would like to see a good solid lineup of fixed power scopes.
And lever action rifles without those stupid safeties! Regards, Bill

Posts: 3784 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Wyatt Sanders>
posted
I would like for Ruger to bring out their auto pistol in 22 magnum.Cheers,Wyatt

one of us
posted Hide Post
Like Bill I'd like to see them come out with a rugged pickup without all the fluff. Until they do, I'll stick with my old '82 Dodge. It'll still handle the hood deep snow without breaking drivelines, etc. I have an almost new Chevy(my wife's SUV) and my son a Dodge pickup, and they're more like a luxury car than a useful tool.

I have been trained for gunsmithing simply because the factories produce junk. It's sad when you have to look for an old Rem, Win, Mauser, or Ruger to produce a decent rifle out of because of the junk they produce today. Receivers aren't square, barrels are junk, triggers are junk, mounting holes or integral bases are off center. CRF won't feed, florplates fly open under recoil.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PC,
Your in luck, Leupold now has scope coats..your are the first to be granted one of your 3 wishes..you have two more, but remember your riding Nellie, thats an old joke, a real old joke.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd ask Winchester for a Model 70 Featherweight Classic in 284 Win.The perfect rifle for the 284.I can't understand why they have never built it.I'd buy two, one stainless/synthetic and one blued walnut.

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Allen got at least two of mine: a US made 92 and the 60 3" Target in .32 Magnum.

I'd like to add a few more: an FN .22 Trombone, T-Bolt (LH please), and a US made Winchester 61 in .22 Magnum.

Posts: 129 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Jagermeister>
posted
John S.

as far as take-downs, not only does the faithful winchester custom shop (?) offer one, but to name two german take-downs, Orth and Ritterbusch offer them.

tally ho.

one of us
posted Hide Post
1. Peep sights that don't get in the way of the scope as factory standard.
2. Stainless Mauser-actioned rifles in medium calibers--35 Whelen, 9.3x62, etc.
3. Tight-chambered S&W N-frame in 45 Colt with fixed sights.
4. 5-shot Ruger Single Six Bisley in 38/357.
5. Hornady, Speer & Sierra 275 and 300 grain bullets in .358" diameter.
6. Any Ruger with a better stock trigger than a Glock.
7. Respectable gun writers.
8. Savage 99's in 308 and 358--again.
9. An affordable Magnum Mauser action in stainless.

one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:

A Ruger RSI in 9.3x62 would be cute'r n cork...

Yes it would. They just lost a sale to CZ over this! [Wink]

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Snowman and Wsthunter,
It would be nice to see a NEW Obendorf sporter, with all the bells and whistle like the one Chic displays, schenable F.E. tip, panals and all and in calibers 9.3x62 and 9.3x64...

Put the word "Quality" back into the gun market, now wouldn't that be refreshing..

Have to start by firing a lot of the bean counters that have tainted the minds of the big corps. I will bet dollars to donuts if Win. or Ruger or someone ever came out with a gun in the custom class designed and managed by a real gunsmith, with an eye like Mark Silvers and a few others they would rule the rifle market. Don't bother wasting your breath on these guys, it will land on deaf ears, the almighty dollar rules.

Is this what you mean by a Mauser Oberndorf?

-

If so, here they are: Mauser Jagdwaffen GmbH

Sigarms is their US importer.

I know this isn't the Mauser company in the original city of Oberndorf, but WTH, they are damn nice.

Here's what Mauser-Oberndorf is up to these days:

-
 -

Mauser-Werke Oberndorf
HTH

[ 10-02-2002, 21:19: Message edited by: ksduckhunter ]

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Chic, a No. 1(A) or scaled down No.1 from Ruger in .22LR. Also would like to see a 338/06 in No.1(A) or (S). A 500 Linebaugh Ruger Bisley (adjustable sight, not vaquero) would be on that list too. Also an adjustable sight Ruger Single six in 32-20.

Maybe a 50-110 in Winchester's repro 1886 line.

Oh yeah, Ruger bringing the No.3 back in a 38/55 and 32-20.

Also, Ruger to make the gold label sxs in 16 gauge.

[ 10-02-2002, 22:15: Message edited by: Yukon Jack ]

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
MP44 / STG45 in semi auto! Bolt gun.....hmm I can build what I want the way I want it.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1) Ruger 10/22 in 17 HMR, stainless medium heavy barrel, synthetic stock.

2) A rifle and shotgun stock that actually fits the shooter. Add some adjustments into the length of pull by providing butt pad spacers. Most of all, use a PROPER recoil pad not a Good Year tire! FYI, only Sako rifles truely fit me perfectly.

3) Winchester Featherweight in stainless/synthetic including the trigger assembly and all other interal working parts.

4) Not a gun here, but more scopes offered in the 1.5-6x42 and 2-7x42. Bigger objective for more light gathering, but not so big it won't fit on most rifles with medium rings.

5) All firearms to come with adjustable triggers. Gun manufacturers, quit making crap triggers and just put on in their from Timney or another note worthy company.

Posts: 119 | Location: Ohio - USA | Registered: 28 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1. Satainless/sythetic Marlin guide gun with Express Sights Peep sights as the standard rifle system.
2.Savage to reintroduce the M99 in wood and synthetic with a stainless option and chambered in 35 Whelen, .308, and maybe 375Win.
3.Savage to build a Safari rifle chambered for 416 Rem mag that holds 4-5 rounds in the magazine if needed.
4.Marlin to add one more round capacity to it's guide gun for a total of 5+1
5. Marlin again to put a better decelerator pad on there big bores.

Yeah I have a thing for Marlins and Savages...and other guns too.

Posts: 257 | Location: Long Beach | Registered: 25 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Marlin to produce a lever action in a "Classic DG Round"...not that the .45-70 isn't enough. I just think it would be COOL.
"Here is my .470 Nitro Express Guide Gun!"
[Smile]

Posts: 36 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 03 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
I'd like Chic to build all the stocks. [Big Grin]

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess if I had a wish list it would be for Ruger to offer a Super Redhawk in 41 mag. Or maybe the Ruger Varmiter to be offered in 270 Winchester. [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 223 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote