THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    If You Could Ask for New Item from the Manufacturers
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Could Ask for New Item from the Manufacturers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidReed:
[QB]While the new Supreme O/U is a nice firearm, it is a Browning Citori in Winchester clothing. Badge engineering as GM calls it. /QB]

Sorry, but that isn't so.

Citori: Designed and made by Miroku in Japan (really just an update of the old Charles Daly Mirokus).
Supreme: Designed by USRAC/FN and made by FN in Belgium and Portugal.

Citori: deep receiver.
Supreme: shallow receiver.

Citori: lug mounted under bottom barrel.
Supreme: trunnions mounted midway between barrels.

Citori: single locking lug under bottom barrel breech.
Supreme: pair of conical locking lugs engaging holes on either side of and between barrel breeches (just like a Beretta).

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Her's a novel idea... How about QUALITY WORKMANSHIP. Most of the "off the rack" rifles today have shitty looking stocks, mediocre checkering, usually a lousy bedding job, product liability 57 pound triggers, and the list goes on and on....

If you buy ANYTHING NEW "off the rack" for say under $1,000 you can count on spending a couple hundred more to correct all the sloppy work...

Even with gusmithing pirces as high as they are, I believe we are at the point where it is CHEAPER ONCE AGAIN, to build your own rifle from an old action and end up with a better piece for less money.

my 2 cents...

Posts: 1980 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Model 70 Winchester Super Grade in 300 H&H and a Super Express in 458 Lott.

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about an affordable, mauser type action for us home gunsmiths? The only good souces want about as much for an action as for a complete gun!

Military actions are plentiful but the good ones like Argentine Models are getting epensive and hard to find. And they still require a lot of work.

Posts: 345 | Location: Dauphin Island, Alabama, USA | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
350 RSUM in Model 7 SS with laminate stock

Posts: 363 | Location: Madison Alabama | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
this is my 3rd post but to go along with my requested Ruger RSI 20" barreled 9.3x62, scaled down Sav. M-99F in 223, An obendorf sporter made in the 9.3's, Chicks scaled down Ruger No.1 in 22 L.R.

I also want a new Marlin Cowboy in 25-35 and yes browning would be a nice touch; a Leupold 3X fix or 4X fix with a 20 MM Obj lens; and I'm sure something else will come to mind from time to time...

I love this thread, I just wonder if the dumb a$$ bean counters ever read about our wants, apparantly not, it is very hard to read when your head is where the sun don't shine....

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Albert:
How about an affordable, mauser type action for us home gunsmiths?

Try this:
 -

These actions are made by Global Trading in Italy and are imported by Legacy Sports. The one on the right has an MSRP of $445, but Bryce Towsely reports in this month's American Rifleman that they are retailing for about $285. The one on the left is the Ultramag action for dangerous game cartridges, and it's quite a bit more, $3000.

Legacy Sports International

[ 10-05-2002, 01:24: Message edited by: ksduckhunter ]

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote