Find
Notify
Tools

A Different Kind of "Hunting"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted
So, we're (my Cane Corso dog and I) off on a morning 3 mile "patrol" in the river open space behind my house.

We're looking for rabbits, coyotes, or anything that makes noise in the bushes and catches her attention when she starts following a strong scent trail. She is really pulling on the leash hard for about 100+ feet through the REALLY brushy river toolies (which is hard when your trying to keep the leash from tangling) when she freezes fully on alert for about 5 seconds...................................................

All of a sudden an immigrant guy pops up from under the bushes about 5 feet away and has his hands up!

I asked him if he was ok or if he needed food or water, he said he didn't he just was "hiding from his house." Very odd!

I talked to the police later that night (they were training their dog in the local elementary school parking lot) and they said that it's part of a human smuggling ring they have been working to crack for some time.

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cane Corso

how is your dog?
male or female?
i hear they can be a handfull but are they a good hunting dog?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
She is a female, about 2.5 years old. I am amazed at the hunting and tracking instinct that she (and I suppose the entire breed) has.

Small things (lizards, mice) don't even make the radar, but rabbits, possums, coyotes, and as I mentioned in the above post, even "big game" like people in the bushes, are tracked and hunted (if I let her off the leash).

I'd love to see what she could do with deer or boar.

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote