Notify
Tools

Best Strip club
 Login/Join

<Boyd Heaton>
posted
?

------------------
I HUNT LONG RANGE.AND YES I USE MATCHKING'S.

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
To keep with the hunting theme, at the better ones I use a solid. The ones that are not so good I use a soft.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO, Longbob.

I am confused though. How does an expanding bullet become a solid?

Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
"I am confused though. How does an expanding bullet become a solid?"

I'm not exactly sure, but to be safe in today's world I would suggest that you use a jacketed bullet.

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbob:
"...but to be safe in today's world I would suggest that you use a jacketed bullet.

hehehehehehe...

I'd suggest we consider the implications on penetration, but I think that might cross a line or two.

Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
You are right. This is destined to spiral downwards.

one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
I think jacketed round-nose solids is the best, providing deep penetration, and with satisfying results(very satisfying indeed). The wound channel would be quite large.....
Use with caution though as jacketed bullets are known to break at high velocity and energy, that could cost you.

We ARE talking about bullets right?

Any barrel length suggestions?

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
"Any barrel length suggestions?"

Well, that would depend on your load and velocity. Heck, I have got to leave this thread alone.

<500 AHR>
posted
The two things that matter most are diameter and depth of penetration. In todays world a jacket is a requirement. To use nonjacketed ordnance could have dire circumstances.

On a nonhunting note and to answer the question posed; The Circus and Side Show located in Cleveland's Flats!

Todd E

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
As far as that goes, use a premium, you don't want the core to separate from the jacket! Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
If this gets into a controversy over the virtues of Controlled Round Feed vs. Push Feed, I am definately changing the channel (forum).

Canuck

<500 AHR>
posted
Canuck,

I wish I had thought of that! I prefer the control feed myself. I guess I am just a control freak.

Todd E

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
I'm....fighting....the....urge....Here it goes. I really don't mind if the strippers are synthetic stocked. It still appeals to my natural wood. Whew!

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Can we at least agree NOT to discuss:

Tight Chambers,
Excessive Headspace, and
Oversize (or Undersize) Bores?

Thank you,
Canuck

[This message has been edited by Canuck (edited 03-09-2002).]

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
How about Wildcats? I wonder if our significant others would find us a cleaver as we find ourselves?

<Howitzer>
posted
Canuck,

What about FIREFORMING?

one of us
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, shot placement is significantly more important than either barrel length or wound channel diameter. I also have seen comments from more than a few posters here concerning a preference for "Texas Heart Shots"... No, sorry...I ain't going there..

Posts: 457 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Longbob, I've been alt-tabbing every time the girlfriend walks by. That oughta tell me something about my participation in this thread, eh?

Canuck

[This message has been edited by Canuck (edited 03-09-2002).]

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Kentucky,

I cannot believe I missed the "Texas Heart Shot" aspect! Dang that was funny!

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Canuck,

My other is rolling on the floor, laughing. She now knows that we are idiots.

<Howitzer>
posted
Texas heart shot!!!!!ROTFLMAO

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
At this rate the Matchking thread might meet its match. And this one's actually kinda funny.

Canuck

<Howitzer>
posted
Is anybody gonna admit that they prefer to the fasster small bore as opposed the slower big bore?
---------------------------------------------
Speed Kills(the mood)

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Around here, there isn't anyone worth shooting.

------------------
"Out here, 'due process' is a bullet!" -- John Wayne, "The Green Berets"

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Santa Claus>
posted
Just like Gerards bullets, I prefer the driving bands, that way it will conform to the bore, and you will get more velocity,less drag, and it does not foul the bore as much. Don't forget it also has a serious boattail

one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
I believe there are skillful shooters that can fire them jacketed round-nose slugs several times before having to reload. What do you guys think of jacketed hollow points? They mushroom into a pretty big diameter!

one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
"Can we at least agree NOT to discuss:

Tight Chambers,
Excessive Headspace, and
oversized(or undersized)Bores?"

And speaking of tight chambers this can result in dangerously high pressures that would rip the jacket before the round-nose completely penetrates.

one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
Oh, one more thing before I go to sleep. This is for the ladies as well.

Do some of the women have the same success with rubber bullets? Certainly they are not the real thing because they do not expand or mushroom right? But some do seem to be satisfied with these synthetic round-noses though....

<magnarps>
posted
How about reloading for these species?
Do you use LR primer or do you prefer LRM primer.

Magnar

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the rest of this stuff but I got several "hand loads" in a little shop in the keys. Damned if I can't remember the name of it but, all calibers were well represented.

Posts: 627 | Location: Niceville, Florida | Registered: 12 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My female counterpart considers that most men do not carry their brains in their head. This thread seems to confirm that. Don't any of you guys go blowing your brains out,You hear?!?! I have heard it said and I hope it is true that "It is not how big the caliber but how long you can stay in the hunting field that counts" I guess that is my only hope. Good Hunting, no matter whether it is for two or four legged deer/dear. "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Incredible, you guys are all going for canned hunts. And I thought this was a sporting crowd.

But, if you gotta go that way, then I find that lubing the bullet is sometimes helpful.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
"But, if you gotta go that way, then I find that lubing the bullet is sometimes helpful."

Molly coats mine.

one of us
posted Hide Post

I have also been told that it is not the bore/caliber but the speed and energy that is most important.

what about shot placement?

[This message has been edited by rockhead (edited 03-09-2002).]

Posts: 562 | Location: Northern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What about target size. No one mention if they like their targets big and round or flat and skinny.

Posts: 19572 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It seems to me that moly coated projectiles will work better than just a jacketed bullet to minimize bore fouling.
Unfortunately, I am not in a very target rich environment right now and handloading has been my only option. A friend of mine recently resorted to the canned hunt outside of Vegas but I just can't ethically justify it. Just shooting fish in a barrell ya know.

OK enough of that. My favorite strip club is Club Paradise in Vegas. Classy, comfortable and not as crowded with knuckle dragging pricks as a place like Cheetah's. The girls at Paradise are also a lot more "real" than the Cheetah's gang.

Enjoy,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Molly does do a good lube job, but the residue contaminates the next shot unless you take some extra cleaning precautions.

You have to be careful with those jackets, excessive speed and twist rate will cause them to shed with potentially disastrous results.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
<magnarps>
posted
Longbob.
Do you moly your bullet in the tumbler? They do tend to get quite greasy and makes your barrel last longer

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
"Longbob.
Do you moly your bullet in the tumbler?"

Well, yes. I am kinda partial to the gymnists.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen....Accuracy is everything!

Practice, practice, practice.

------------------
~Ann
Orion Trophy Expeditions

Posts: 19545 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote