Find
Notify
Tools

Best Strip club
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post

I came a little late to this thread but ...

If you find you're only firing blanks from your rifle, go to the lab (presumably the accurate reloading lab - the photo looks good) for someone elses special handloads.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbob:
Come on Paladin! You are a professional outdoor writer. I fully expect you to come up with the proper "Grand Slam." No pressure.

Are you referring to projectiles, or trophies? Hope ewe clarify this.

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
<SNOW>
posted
It seems to me that there is too much emphasis on the "bore" and not enough on the "throat". And yes, shot placement is important but remember, USE ENOUGH GUN!

<phurley>
posted
I just couldn't help myself, I had to join this fun and remind everyone to use their best PREMIUM BULLETS. As everyone knows, with this dangerous game hunting, PENETRATION is the name of the game. Good shooting.

------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
Phurley

premium bullets won't help if the rifle hasn't been cleaned regularly

Posts: 562 | Location: Northern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Another thread made me think of this. Has anyone ever had a failure with their solid?

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
Anybody have a handgun?

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Slamfire>
posted
Experience shooters know that the number of times you can cycle the action, before discharge, is important to the prey.

one of us
posted Hide Post
"Anybody have a handgun?"

Yes, and it's a major caliber;-)
:lol:

gs

------------------
Because enquiring minds want to know...
I love 45
santilli@singleaction45.com

Posts: 1805 | Location: American Athens, Greece | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Socrates:
"Anybody have a handgun?"

Yes, and it's a major caliber;-)
:lol:

gs

But a handgun's barrel is still short and fat compared to a rifle's...

Ya gotta have that reach advantage!

one of us
posted Hide Post
A short barrel handgun is 7 inches for me...
gs

Posts: 1805 | Location: American Athens, Greece | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Cool Guy

Damn, I was saving that one up!

The merits of hunting with a large calibre snub nosed revolver, vs a long barreled Contender.

And if you packing a "snub nose", don't forget to pack a couple of fully loaded speed loaders underneath.

Just in case you need a reload of fresh bullets.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
During the years I have spent many hours braking in different barrels. If you do it careful your barrel will perform better.
I believe I was slopy in the beging.
Now I am satisfied!!

Posts: 87 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 14 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

you have carefully covered most aspects of this rather exciting matter. I would just humbly remind you of some words quoted from, as I think, Jeff Cooper, which I use for my signature below: "The mark of the hunter is the ability to get close."

Yours,

Fritz

------------------
...the mark of the hunter is the ability to get close.

[This message has been edited by Fritz Kraut (edited 03-18-2002).]

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm into Deep Penetration!

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
But.what.about.the.ladies.out.there?

Those.that.like.to.hunt.their.game.with.a.pair
of.38s.or.even.44s?

Personally.I.love.to.hunt.with.a.lady.who.hunts.with.a.pair.of.38s.

(sorry.my.space.bar.is.temporarily.kaputt!)

------------------
Nitro@NitroExpress.com
NitroExpress.com

<Sir Fred>
posted
LMFAO!!

As a newbie, I'm suprised none of the shotgunners has mentioned back-boring as a way to make up for excessive throat erosion and still seem like you have the same amount of choke.

<RAO>
posted
I wonder,what is the average barrel life for regular shooters.I have heard that re-barreling is quiet expensive,although sucessful.

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post

And when hunting, do you prefer to hunt with a "Pro" (as in Professional) or just an amateur?

Or do you prefer to hunt by yourself ie self guided?

------------------
Nitro@NitroExpress.com
NitroExpress.com

<migra>
posted
I'm suprised the varmint shooters out there haven't brought up the bull barrel theory. You know you a thicker barrel aids in "stiffness", thereby making "shot placement" more precise and also thicker barrels don't "overheat" as quickly. I'm sorry, but this is the best I could do. I found this thread a little late and the Moly coating inuendo was already used up.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by migra:
I found this thread a little late and the Moly coating inuendo was already used up.

I don't think that everyone agrees that the black projectiles are superior to the ones usually found on this side of the pond. Any comments from users?

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
<PrimeTime>
posted
best strip club of all time is none other than Al's Diamondback Cabaret in southern Pennsylvania. A close second would have to be Mr. G's Fantasies in harrisburg, Pa.

<Boyd Heaton>
posted
PrimeTime....I've been to Mr.G's......And if you think Al's is better,I MUST GO THERE.....

------------------
I HUNT LONG RANGE.AND YES I USE MATCHKING'S.

one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
How many of you like your dears with nice racks?

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post

The comment about varmint barrels.

The extra thick barrels cuts down on the barrel whip.

Barrel whip. Now that brings tears to the eyes.

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post

What about when you are going hunting and you tell everyone,

"you are going into the bush"

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Saint James in Houston (out by the airport).

Posts: 156 | Location: Gray, Tennessee | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Careful bedding,good sight picture,gentle pressure,consistent ballistics,rapid expansion. Not neccessarily in that order!

Posts: 337 | Location: Devon UK | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote