Find
Notify
Tools

Best Strip club
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
Always remember to make sure your rifle is not loaded! I've destroyed some valuable "game" mags while "dry firing".
And I almost shot into my hand once. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Even Grand-Master..... can make mistakes ya know!

Does anybody experience wrist fatigue when wankin' the bolt? I find shooting gloves to be lots of help if this is a problem...

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Canuck
isn't the sticky bolt problem commonly due to poor headspace? have you had this problem? Maybe you just did not use enough molycote

Posts: 562 | Location: Northern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<waldog>
posted
This thread really shows the diversity amoung us:

The things that muzzleloaders have going for them are extra barrel legnth, large bores, and balls of lead! The high-power crowd prides themselves on speed, precision, and consistency. Many attribute their performance to handloading.

I'm sure we'll soon be hearing about double rifles and auto-loaders. Also, parallel topics of varminting, safaris, and big game have yet to be addressed. Even though whaleing is internationally forbidden, you know it still happens...

How might gun control and concealed carry laws figure into all this?

ps. canada is where it's at

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just cant resist to post.

Dont expect good results with cold barrels. Warm up shots are good before serious shooting.

And what about barrel heating, doesn't it really expands the bore.

Posts: 271 | Location: Pakistan | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Didn�t Art Alphin always recommend a big bore double: first a solid, immediately followed by a soft?

Or was it the other way round :-)) ?

Hermann

------------------

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
<waldog>
posted
Anyone want to tackle the issue of hot loads and excessive pressure leading to throat erosion?

<waldog>
posted
.... or is that only a concern if you are extreemly overbore?

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Do we need threapy or what!? You guys need to come out of the bush once and a while!

------------------
NRA Life member

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
<magnarps>
posted
Is there a special die set you prefer to use in the reloading process? Custom made perhaps?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else tried the inert bullets yet? I've been using them for at least 20 years and it really eases the tension about target aquisition and monthly timing. Hunting seasons are MUCH longer now! - Sheister

Posts: 385 | Location: Hillsboro, Oregon | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<DavidP>
posted
Is it true that your equipment won't last as long if you full length resize?

I've also been told that the recoil from big bores hurts at first but once you get used to it, it works much better and follow up shots aren't necessary.

------------------
Good Hunting & Hunt Safe,
David

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
How many rifles you can own in your country ?

I don't like current gun limitations because here I can legaly own only one rifle

Posts: 2104 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Boyd Heaton>
posted
Look what I started...Maybe this will give Pop's Matchking thread a run for it's money...

------------------
I HUNT LONG RANGE.AND YES I USE MATCHKING'S.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boyd Heaton:
Look what I started...Maybe this will give Pop's Matchking thread a run for it's money...

At least it won't have as many references to armadillos.

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And you guys give me a bad time about my topics, and comments, if the site in monitored by Peta, etc.

ROFL

Now I know you are all whacked, or, is that the proper term, considering the topic?;-)

I think so.

:lol:

gs

------------------
I love 45
santilli@singleaction45.com

Posts: 1805 | Location: American Athens, Greece | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
If I shoot a dangerous game whit a 700 Nitro Express in the front, and a friend shoots it at the same time near the back, would the momentum throw the animal cart wheeling into orbit?

Some buddy who know......?

That'll make him join.

Come on people, to the 1000th thread!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I prefer to shoot from the prone :-)

Mike

------------------
Victory through superior firepower!

Posts: 324 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
Mine's is control-feed, I can shoot it in all positions! Just to name a few: Upside-down, side-ways, standing, sitting, even under water! All with very reliable extraction and no stuck cases yet!

Is it true smaller bores always have more magazine capacity and more shots? Some "gun-smiths" can tinker with your rifle and add more rounds, but unless the gun-smith is a she (he he), that will not happen to me any time soon!

one of us
posted Hide Post
The best strip club is the one you didn't go into, saved your money, or used on a hooker.
Then, at least you got your monies worth...
gs

Posts: 1805 | Location: American Athens, Greece | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
Come on guys out of ammo already?

<waldog>
posted
Personally, I've had wonderful success fire froming virgin brass. Though I'm only experienced with domestic makes... I hear you can mail-order fine, well-built virgin brass from Euorpe.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jiri:
How many rifles you can own in your country ?

I don't like current gun limitations because here I can legaly own only one rifle

Jiri

we also can own only one, but I frequently hear (and read)about people loaning out their rifles or borrowing others from good friends......

Posts: 562 | Location: Northern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
Some people use non-firing replicas, but they are not as effective though....

<Coyote59>
posted

Which is worse-a slam fire or a accidental discharge?

one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coyote59:

Which is worse-a slam fire or a accidental discharge?

Accidental discharge. I've destroy some very precious "game" mags that way.

one of us
posted Hide Post
To answer the original question:
Best strip clubs are in Nevada, where, you might be able to touch, and buy the display.

gs

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Rockhead: Ok, when I will visit USA, I will let you shoot European made rifle and I am happy to try American one

Posts: 2104 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
"Rockhead: Ok, when I will visit USA, I will let you shoot European made rifle and I am happy to try American one"

Can you post a picture of that beauty?

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Longbob: What details of my rifle you are ineterested in (receiver open, chamber close-up, overall picture) ?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe Roy Weatherby had something in his idea that a long throat would relieve some of the pressure.

And I notice that he, too, preferred virgin brass from Sweden.

[This message has been edited by Recono (edited 03-14-2002).]

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
<waldog>
posted
There is little doubt that we're all talking about persuing and taking the most dangerous game on earth. These man-eaters can be plain deadly when angered or wounded in any way.

I pity those who are underguned or have poor marksmanship.

Gentlemen, always keep your guard up when in the bush. Shoot the hottest, most potent loads you have until you are out of ammo. Because, as we all know, any animal that will bleed for five days straight-- AND NOT DIE-- cannot be trusted with your life!!!

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Latin targets are much better than northern ones.
I imagine that the southern specie it's much more hard to kill than the northen one, it's impressive how much lead they can receive before going down
Just imagine the face of Mark Sullivan after stopping a buff charge saying:....always..always use enough gun!!!!
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just be careful about pursuing game you don't have a license for. As John Bobbitt proved, no matter how good your gunsmith is rebarreling is never a desirable option.

Jeff

------------------
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
"Longbob: What details of my rifle you are ineterested in (receiver open, chamber close-up, overall picture) ?"

Jiri,

After I posted, my paranoia got the best of me. Just so there is no mistake in the translation, I believe we would be referring to a picture of the wifle (as opposed to rifle, get it? ) and not your weapon.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey what would everyone consider a Grand Slam for this topic??

<Paladin>
posted
After contemplating the cases set forth for hunting with blanks, I'd merely like to contribute the fact that I won't allow anything in the house which doesn't use live ammo.....

Paladin

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Come on Paladin! You are a professional outdoor writer. I fully expect you to come up with the proper "Grand Slam." No pressure.

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post

Friends

When hunting for lion and leopard in the bush, make sure you use a nicely balanced big bore.

Then they become just nice furry warm pussys.

But don't be tempted to use your favourite small bore, because if you mess up, you'll have a hellcat in your hands.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
<waldog>
posted
After you've bagged your trophy, the real work begins!

Typically this involves completely boning it out in the bush. It's worth doing a good job, so take your time. Nobody likes tainted meat. And, if rushed, it may be tough and not be quite as enjoyable in the future...

If your trophy has a nice rack with a good spread, this is always a good time to ponder different ways to mount it. There is the traditional full-body mount, but a head mount is always more popular when space is a concern. You may even want to consider mounting it on a pedestal or try a unique rump mount!

The most important consideration you will ever make is how to serve your trophy. While there are many, many ways I find they are best served with champagne or fine wines. (and they usually think so too!) Also, your finest crystal-- usually diamonds-- is a must.

Best results come after you marinade them with exotic oils and spices. Many popular recipies involve pork. French cusine requires tongue.

Finally, just as a reminder, it is always good to know the local laws and customs. Here in the U.S. there is no bag limit, but possession limit is one and only one. In some countries they have higher posession limits but I think this is rare.

Happy hunting to all!

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post

I think it was the Beatles that sang

"Happiness is a warm gun."

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote