Find
Notify
Tools

Decent buck.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
The date on the picture is wrong. Picture was taken during the first weel to 10 days of this month. This buck and anpother not quite as good are coming into our spin and free choice feeders about 5 miles southwest of where I live. This is a free range/low fence property, surrounded by low fenced properties.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would not hesitate.He got some good bone there!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I really like a buck that has exceptional brow tines!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is kind of hard to see them but he has what looks to be two ssmall stickers in that mess. There is a second buck that we have seen, not the one with his head down but a different buck that is not too far behind the one facing the camera, antler wise.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Hard for me to get a good estimate on Texas bucks as I'm used to mid-western bucks, but were you thinking high 150"s low 160"s? Looks to have about 65" of tine on his head including trash and probably a 95" frame. Good looking buck!

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The boss and I did some discussing over this. I am thinking 145+ maybe. He was leaning toward 150-155. Me and him both tend to be fairly conservative on our estimates. I would rather guess low and come in high than the other way around, just my preference.

I hope we get the chance to ground check him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd go with the 150-55 estimate. The one in the background isn't bad either! Good luck ground checking him.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Crazy, without getting too nosey, where was that pic taken? The reason I ask is that I shot a buck that could be it's brother in 2008 off a ranch in Comanche, TX. Looks just like him, stickers and all. I don't know if you can see the stickers on both sides but he has them. Also, the left brow tine is broken.

He scored 139 and a bit. Here is another pic of him from a side angle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not being nosy at all. That is a great looking buck, Congratulations. This buck is coming into both the protien and spin feeders we have set up on a 320 acre place Robert and his family own, approximately 7 miles southwest of Olney in Young county, about 5 miles southwest of where I live. We had a hunter from Detroit miss this buck last year, and the group he hunted with is wanting to come back down this year.

We feed protien and corn year round and luckily had ponds on this place that did not go dry.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Well, no chance they are related then. Strange but I've been seeing those kickers on the G2s more and more in the last few years on bucks in North and Central Texas.