New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grizzly Man!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
OK, this guy is an obvious lunatic. He and his girlfriend both ended up bear food. But the up close photography of these AK Bears is amazing.

Here's a link to the movie trailer: Grizzly Man trailer

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Beautiful animals partnered with a retard.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
Beautiful animals partnered with a retard.

clap

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
I watched the trailer. I'd like to nominate this guy for a Darwin award.

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
"What a big bear. Oh he's a big bear"...

What an ultra-maroon.

The shame is that this movie will probably get someone else killed.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Both he and his girlfriend proved everything everyone was telling them... that the bears were not what he thought they were, that the bears were going to kill him.

I am back from a long Hiatus... or whatever.
Take care.
smallfry

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
In the trailer, did you guys happen to catch that this guys (pillow ??) was a teddy bear?

That or he just had a teddy bear in his tent with him. I'm almost hoping he was using it for a pillow, but personally, either way -- I'd be REAL concerned.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
What an Idiot.

Although, it'd probably be a good place for some of the PITA idiots!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KY Nimrod:
OK, this guy is an obvious lunatic. He and his girlfriend both ended up bear food. But the up close photography of these AK Bears is amazing.

Here's a link to the movie trailer: Grizzly Man trailer

What's even more amazing is being up close & personal with a real one. I didn't spend time looking at the trailer but my impression is that it's about "Numbnuts" Treadwell. That guy surely killed his girlfriend as if he had put a gun to her head & pulled the trigger. Yup! Darwin's theory of natural selection sure worked with him. Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
man....ego...a therapist would have a field day with this guy...shame he did not respect them enough to live by their rules. to get close is enough...they are not teddy bears. why dont some undrestand wild animals are wild animals and that is the way they should be

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
Pure Genuises thumbdown I mean retards.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Definetly a certified number one lunatic.

Posts: 68 | Location: AK, MN winter | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of crl
posted Hide Post
It is sad that this guy will become a hero to others who are just as confused as he was. I sure as hell hope they show this warrior getting his ass chewed up. I heard there is video of his glorious death.

crl

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

Posts: 379 | Location: MN | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
CRL - "I heard there is video of his glorious death."

Nope, but there is an audio tape of the maulings of the two numbskulls. Apparently, the video camera was knocked over and no visual exists... but the audio was recording the sounds.

L.W.

"A 9mm bullet may expand but a .45 bullet sure ain't gonna shrink."

Posts: 349 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leanwolff:
quote:
CRL - "I heard there is video of his glorious death."

Nope, but there is an audio tape of the maulings of the two numbskulls. Apparently, the video camera was knocked over and no visual exists... but the audio was recording the sounds.

L.W.

Where could one get this audio at?

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went to one of his slide shows in Laramie Wyoming about 9 years ago. His photography of the bears was absolutely spectacular!, but he spoke to the audience as if we were all grade schoolers. He also spoke of the bears like they were all just cuddly teddy bears, and had cute names for all of them like Cuddles and Foo-Foo. A friend and I commented that it was just a matter of time before he got munched.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
JARROD - Where could one get this audio at?

Jarrod, I saw the guy being interviewed on teeeveee, who made the movie about the nitwit, Timmy. He claimed he had the tape, and that it was so horrifying to listen to that he could not run the tape to the end.

That's all I know.

L.W.

"A 9mm bullet may expand but a .45 bullet sure ain't gonna shrink."

Posts: 349 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
I saw a show on discovery (I think) about him. He is a fool. On the night before he was supposed to leave a bear ate him and his girlfriend. As far as I know the tape was never released. On the documentary he was saying he was there to protect the bears from the big bad hunters. Its kind of ironic that because he was there and subseqently killed and eaten by a bear that that bear had to die because of him. In the film they tried to make out like the bear paid him the ultimate compliment by treating him like another bear.....YEAH RIGHT. That bear was hungry and was sick of some stupid hippie calling him cute little names and speaking baby talk to him. In my opinion, If you play with fire....

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
The even stupidest thing about all this is he never ever got a single poacher on video. The most he got was a fisherman throwing a rock at a Grizz that got too close. All he did was habituate bears to human presence....AKA the worst thing he could have done. The best thing a bear can do if it is interested in saving its own hide is run when it senses a human. He also did this in a well traveled national park, odds are thats not where the poachers are. What a dipshit. Frankly I am glad he is taken out of the gene pool before he had a chance to spread his genes. More bears and more people are going to die because of his actions and this movie then he ever saved from poachers, which by the way is pretty close to none. The bears tolerated his crap for a long time which speaks of the bears more then this stupid fool. The thing was he always was there during the Salmon season. The first time he stayed after he was killed and eaten. Darwin's a bitch huh timmy.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
After viewing the brief trailer, I'm struck by his obvious self-promotion...a whole lot of "I" this and "I" that.

There are always a few copy-cat folks out there that may watch this documentary and say "me too!". I hope not for their sakes as they're as likely to be killed as Treadwell and his girlfriend. Too bad for them as their "activism" really hasn't done anything for the bears as the bears were and are doing just fine by most accounts.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess the trailer works! I'll go see it if it plays in my neighborhood. It’s tough to tell how the director is going to portray this. If it’s really just a documentary of what happened everyone can draw their own conclusions. That may be upsetting to some if they don’t come right out and say he was a nut, although the tag line pretty much does.

I have heard the audio tape before, I can’t remember where but I think it was around (on the news) just after the incident. If I remember correctly it ran out of tape before it was completely over.

Posts: 967 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 28 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a shmuck! He said the Grizzly Maze was extremly dangerous and quote :"If you come here or camp here and try to do what I do, you will die here, you will freakin' die here, they will get you"! On the map they said that is where the idiot was found.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard the audio, but back when this happened there was a partial transcript of it on CNN.com.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holy Crap!! I just watched the trailer. "Animals rule! Timothy conquered!" What in the hell kind of quote is that? It appears to me that this guy had absolutely no respect for nature, and that this was a stunt to boost his own ego.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
quote:
The thing was he always was there during the Salmon season. The first time he stayed after he was killed and eaten. Darwin's a bitch huh timmy.

You make a very good point Bulldog. Not many animals, even predators, out in nature are still willing to kill or attack on a full belly unless they're really in fear of their life with nowhere to go.

But with a "rumbly tumbly" (pardon the Winnie the Pooh pun there) ... it's a whole different ballgame.

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
I was always courious how old dum ass Tim got permission to camp in that place in the Park? Maybe the Park Superintendent was a closet Green Peacer?
I bet if I tried to get permission to camp there and do what he did, it wouldn't happen. I think in Katmai Park people are very closely controlled.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I finally got to see the flick. Werner Herzog produced and directed the film which was basically a documentary of Treadwell's work and the the people who knew him, worked with him, even the medical examiner who described the three garbage bags of people parts they picked up and/or cut out of the dead bear.
The film really doesn't seek to promote or endorse Treadwell's wacky version of reality. In fact if anything it really goes out of the way to interview people who thought he was completely messed up including his parents, park officials, and others. People representing the wacky world of animal rights are certainly represented since this is where Timmy found his support and funding. But in no way is this a simple glorification of Treadwell's work.
In many ways it was a very sobering look at a clearly disturbed human being and how his misguided passion eventually ended up costing him and at least 2 of the bears he loved their lives. The footage is amazing...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When "nature" shows started, the observers were in blinds etc. They gave the animals respect. Along comes "the crocodile hunter", jumping on everything and pissing off nature. Now everyone trying to make a name is saying hey, if shit for brains can do it I can esculate for better viewing.
What I am saying is, what is coming on the horizon? What are legions of future shit for brains scheming for to be noticed?

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was in the area shortly after the maulings and there was no surprise from people that knew him. He openly said his goal was to be able to "touch his bears". Most people felt it was simply a matter of time.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Arkapigdiesel
posted Hide Post
What a friggin cookoo. Hopefully the bear enjoyed his supper.

Posts: 91 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 07 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another PETA peter puffer who forgot he was on the food chain!

./l ,[___],
l--L=OlllllO=
O_) O_)~-)_)
If at first you don't succeed,,,failure may be your thing!!!

Posts: 198 | Location: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Alex Supertramp
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the book "The Grizzly Maze" by Nick Jans. I haven't seen the movie yet, but the book is a balanced account of Tim Treadwell. The first 2/3 of the book is a non-stop read about Tim's background, the bears of Kaflia, and the days leading up to the attack...the last part isn't too bad either, but more about the author's (a one-time brown bear hunter) own manifestation of bear encounters & hunting.

As far as the audio is concerned, the book stated the authorities turned it over to Tim's associate/best friend who helped him organize "Grizzly People".