THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Looks like I got drawn for a Sep elk rifle hunt in AZ!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like I got drawn for a Sep elk rifle hunt in AZ!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The results are not out yet, but my credit card shows Az Game and Fish dinging me for $114.

I only put in for early rifle hunts, so I will keep my fingers crossed. I can't believe they would charge my CC if I didn't get drawn...

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a big problem right now with the AZ draw results. They have contacted some people that drew saying their cc accounts would not pay for their license, when in actuality the accounts were good. I don't know if that means people that have had money deducted are in the clear or not. Time will tell. Here is a post from one guy on the MM site and what AZ is doing about it:

Today, 03:04 PM
CABugle
Senior Member Join Date: Jul 2010

My card was one of the rejected cards. I had plenty of funds however, the game and fish charged my card a second time before the first transaction could go through resulting in my card shuting down do to fraudulent activity. The Game and Fish called me and had me fill out a petition which they said should be taken care of by this next Tuesday.

They also said that a ton of people have been affected by this.

CABugle

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well here is hoping that you did.
Looking forward to the report and pix.

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Congrats, That should be a great hunt. I'm sure G&F wouldn't charge you unless you were drawn. I hope you kill a big one.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Hope that you did get drawn and that everything is a Go on the hunt. Congratulations.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Congrats, That should be a great hunt. I'm sure G&F wouldn't charge you unless you were drawn. I hope you kill a big one.

You missed my point! It could turn out that ones who have had credit card hits could possibly have the money credited back to their cc accounts if they are ones that were drawn after the others were screwed up that were drawn before them. It would probably either be that or give out a lot more tags than they had planned if they give tags to all that have had hits, as well as ones that were turned down because of the AZ screwup and then redone. That's why some people are saying not to count on a tag until the AZ G&F has the final results posted and not to rely on the credit cards being hit or not hit like you usually can when things are done properly. This may take them a while to get it straightened out since it appears to involve a large number of applicants from what the other guy mentioned the G&F told him on the phone.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a Super tag!!!

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep AAW, don't count pn the tag until the draw is out.
AZGF has really dropped the ball this yr.
This cc issue is true. My close friend works for AZGF & she said it's been a complete cluster "f"..

Let me know if you drew after they are announced. I drew an early rifle tag in '09. I hope ya drew!!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jon
The results are out. I hope ya drew that tag!
Let me know..

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have our fingers crossed for ya!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Man, that website is overwhelmed. I will try later...

Thanks for the good wishes.

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was drawn for unit 3A and 3C, Sep 28 to Oct 4.

I am going to hire a guide. Anyone know of any good ones?

posted Hide Post
Unreal Tag!

In 3A/C, Shane Koury, Koury Guide Service. Hands down.

I have no affiliation with KGS.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would second that guide recommendation, as KGS is very well thought of on the MM website I frequent. Now get ready and kill a biggun!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
AAW - Congrats man, that's a very good tag!

I too checked the website, didn't draw elk or antelope.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best of luck. Great tag to have. What are you holding out for?

Posts: 402 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado  | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys.

I am going to hold out for something big. Every elk I have shot was 350 or better, so why shoot a dink?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to those who were successful in the AZ draw. No elk or antelope tags for my daughter and I.
Have to find us some tags elsewhere...
coues

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I would get in touch with Greg Krogh of Mogollon Rim Outfitters and see if he can help you. I've hunted with a lot of people over the years and he is one of the best, if not the very best, I've ever hunted with. Nobody has the track record he has for giant public ground animals. If he can't help you he'll be an invaluable source of information. Tell him that I referred you.

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
No elk or pronghorn for us either. Try Duwayne Adams in San Manual. A call to himn may be useful.

Tom

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I booked with Shane. Thanks Topgun and soazarcher. The big reason: he and his guides live in that area. His references were all good.

I also looked at Steve Chappell. He had very good references, but unlike Shane's, they really didn't consider anyone else. But I have to tell you, Chappell's response when I told him I was going with Shane was pure class; I have to say I was very impressed with the guy and who knows? Maybe next time (for a different hunt) I give him a call.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to hear that about Steve because all I've heard about him is exactly what you stated. He actually came out and was against the tag theft that SFW tried to pull behind closed doors recently in AZ. A lot of the guides were for it because it would have helped their business and Steve said plain and simple that if they ran a good, honest business that they shouldn't have to rely on taking tags like that from the general public to stay afloat!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
I booked with Shane. Thanks Topgun and soazarcher. The big reason: he and his guides live in that area. His references were all good.

I also looked at Steve Chappell. He had very good references, but unlike Shane's, they really didn't consider anyone else. But I have to tell you, Chappell's response when I told him I was going with Shane was pure class; I have to say I was very impressed with the guy and who knows? Maybe next time (for a different hunt) I give him a call.

I've met Steve and talked to him a couple of times. He is indeed a class act. Good luck to you, I know there's big bulls in 3C.

I'll be archery hunting for a bull in 4B the couple of weeks before your hunt. How long had you been putting in for this hunt? It's a very low draw odds wise.

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I drew with 11 points. From what I hear, that is pretty lucky.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be awaiting your report Good luck!

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the tag and good luck. Just a note on cabugel, he got a letter from the bank explaining that it was their fault for stopping the transaction due to AZ trying to run it multiple times. Things happen. What pissed him off most was they wernt going to even give him a point so he could draw next year. After many calls and talk of getting a lawyer they finally gave him his point.

Posts: 18 | Location: northern California  | Registered: 02 February 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Carnyman. I received an email from Game and Fish after I applied but before the drawing to make sure the credit card I was using would be valid the date of the draw. My card was valid when I applied, but it was due to expire before the draw. By then I had received my new credit card so updated my information. Good thing I read that email...