THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Flagstaff-Based Hunting Outfitter to Pay $30K for Refunds

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flagstaff-Based Hunting Outfitter to Pay $30K for Refunds
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.usnews.com/news/be...-pay-30k-for-refunds

A settlement requires a Flagstaff-based outfitter to pay $30,000 in restitution for refunds for failing to provide guide and other services to out-of-state customers who paid in advance to hunt deer and bighorn sheep in Arizona and Mexico.

Jan. 4, 2018, at 3:49 a.m.

PHOENIX (AP) — A settlement requires a Flagstaff-based outfitter to pay $30,000 in restitution for refunds for failing to provide guide and other services to out-of-state customers who paid in advance to hunt deer and bighorn sheep in Arizona and Mexico.

The Arizona Attorney General's Office says the consent judgment also requires Sonoran Outfitters Adventures LLC run by Todd Basil Rice to pay an additional $30,000 in restitution if additional consumers surface with valid claims in the next 90 days.

Other terms of the settlement filed Tuesday in Maricopa County Superior Court include requiring Sonoran Outfitters to pay the $15,000 to the state. The $15,000 includes $10,000 in civil penalties and $5,000 for costs and fees.

The judgment resolves a consumer fraud lawsuit filed by the office against Sonoran Outfitters in 2017.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9369 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Todd Rice is a prick.

Anybody want to guess who he used to work for in Flagstaff? Whistling

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup. If my memory serves me correctly, he was banned by multiple organizations. He worked for Blair World Wide. Sound familiar?

Posts: 11967 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ding ding ding, we have a winner! This quote is a few years old but it’s straight from the horses mouth...

quote:
Originally posted by BLAIR WORLDWIDE:
The person you talked to is Todd Rice, owner of Sonoran Outfitters. Who is also a salesman for Blair Worldwide Hunting for the past 2+ years....

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Is Blair still in business? Surely by now his rep has killed his business.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13159 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It appears to not be the case. They are still in business. How well they are doing is anyone’s guess.

Posts: 11967 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This was published in the Hunting Report with a lot more detail.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is funny...I read the your link Larry and instantly remembered that Mark Brnovich is co-author of an editorial in today's WSJ about breaking up the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One has to wonder if Rice hosed the Mexicans as well. That might be dangerous.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
One has to wonder if Rice hosed the Mexicans as well. That might be dangerous.

There have been some Mexican landowners/lease holders popping up on social media saying that Todd never payed them

Found one and tagged you on FB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks . I sent that gentleman these documents.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I'm sure you all know this but winning a judgement of 30,000$ is great, collecting it is a whole different story.
For the uninitiated you may win a judgement that you will never collect. It is the courts decision that you "won" this money but they do not give it to you.
You must then try any means at your disposal to collect your winnings from the dirtbag.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you reads the actual documents, it is not dischargeable in bankruptcy. The amount due also get larger if he doesn't pay. See paragraphs 9 & 10.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Larry you know as well as I do that the courts don't collect it for you. You can win a judgement and never collect, the court does not give you the money.
It will be a long process for the "winners" to collect this money.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some years ago I booked a number of hunts in Texas with an outfitter who took $40,000 and hooked'um. He was a rich kid and a hell of a salesman..I refinanced my house and refunded everyone and the hunt was on. I found him and he was headed for jail when his mother called begging forgivness, She was weathly as hell..I told her his ass was headed for Huntsville. A week lather she sent me a check cover all expenses..It was a scary time in my life...

I had another incident wherein my clients went to Tanzania to hunt, they paid up in advance including air charter..When the hunt was over they were told to pay the out going charter or walk out. They paid and came home mad at me..I had a come to Jesus meeting with the African bunch and they refunded my hunters. My hunters then booked themselves another hunt with them the following year, saying well they are good ole boys, ya just never can figure folks out..

Such can be the life of a booking agent, like any business things can and do go South at times, you take care of it with the client then figure out whatcha gonna do about it on your behalf, or you will soon be out of business I think..

Not to mention plenty of funny events that take place but I suspect that's just doing business, no business runs smooth all the time.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41850 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
^ and I suspect a lot of what you did was back before the internet Ray. It's a funny thing the internet.....makes it easier AND harder to scam people or run a business properly. That said, your reputation by word of mouth remains one of the, if not THE, most important cogs in a durable, successful business.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote