Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

4 or more barrels
 Login/Join

posted
I've been shooting and hunting with my CZ combination in 12 gauge x 7x65R and love it. I am knew to this forum and interested in guns with 4 (or more) barrels. Does anyone here have a gun of that nature?

Posts: 8 | Location: Occupied California | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've SEEN 1 Vierling, but that's as close as I've come...

I have a BBF like yours, but am trying to get my hands on a Drilling.

Best of luck.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cornfield SWO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kevinh1157:
I've been shooting and hunting with my CZ combination in 12 gauge x 7x65R and love it. I am knew to this forum and interested in guns with 4 (or more) barrels. Does anyone here have a gun of that nature?

Kevin,

I have only seen vierlings on line or in books. I did just purchase a CZ 584 in 12gauge/7x65R. I see you are from California and was wondering if you had worked up any condor friendly loads for the 7x65R. I've got dies, brass and some 150 gr Nosler E-Tips on the way to start playing with. I'd be interested in knowing what has worked for you and how you like your BBF.

Soli Deo Gloria

Posts: 178 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 10 August 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have not worked up a handload yet as I bought 200 rounds of Norma ammo with the gun. I would start with the Barnes Tipped TSX bullet (140 gr) and Varget powder. I would look for a mild shooting load as I do not see the need to strain the gun. I also use low pressure shotgun loads for the same reason. I have taken many quail and a few pheasants with this gun while out pig hunting in Mendocino county. What are your plans for loads and areas to hunt with your CZ?

Posts: 8 | Location: Occupied California | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
?

What sights do you use on your CZ?

One of Us
Picture of Cornfield SWO
posted Hide Post
Kevin,

I haven't taken the BBF out yet, but I'm planning on using it for pig/deer and quail/turkey in Southern and Central CA. I live in the San Diego area and the local deer season coincides with both quail and turkey. The places I generally hunt has a good population of quail along with the deer. Its always been a quandry whether to bring the shotgun or rifle and now I'm good to go. I will also try to get up to the central coast area for pigs so combo pig/quail/turkey are on the menu.

The gun has the standard fixed sight as well as a scope mount with a 1.5x5 scope. I'll have to see what works better for me.

Soli Deo Gloria

Posts: 178 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 10 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I only know one hunter with a vierling from HEYM

The rifle is heavy and the price!!!!

http://www.frankonia.de/shop/H...1/productdetail.html

Posts: 438 | Location: Germany | Registered: 15 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ni-ceee!!!
And if you look at how much gun - then the price is not awful...
Pity it does not state the caliber!

Burkhard: some time ago you posted a question about lever action and pump action guns. What did you finally end up with?

A.k.a. Bwana One-Shot

Posts: 552 | Location: Finland | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Schauckis,

I next want to test the new KRIEGHOFF Semprio, a new type of pump.
Never had one in my hands, but my dealer promised in January.
I think the Semprio is an option.

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=1995857

Everything is possible in an Vierling.

If money doesn't count - here a special offer