The Accurate Reloading Forums
4 or more barrels

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/335105333/m/530101189

05 December 2008, 23:17
kevinh1157
4 or more barrels
I've been shooting and hunting with my CZ combination in 12 gauge x 7x65R and love it. I am knew to this forum and interested in guns with 4 (or more) barrels. Does anyone here have a gun of that nature?
06 December 2008, 04:33
Sambar 9.3
I've SEEN 1 Vierling, but that's as close as I've come...

I have a BBF like yours, but am trying to get my hands on a Drilling.

Best of luck.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.
06 December 2008, 20:12
Cornfield SWO
quote:
Originally posted by kevinh1157:
I've been shooting and hunting with my CZ combination in 12 gauge x 7x65R and love it. I am knew to this forum and interested in guns with 4 (or more) barrels. Does anyone here have a gun of that nature?

Kevin,

I have only seen vierlings on line or in books. I did just purchase a CZ 584 in 12gauge/7x65R. I see you are from California and was wondering if you had worked up any condor friendly loads for the 7x65R. I've got dies, brass and some 150 gr Nosler E-Tips on the way to start playing with. I'd be interested in knowing what has worked for you and how you like your BBF.

Soli Deo Gloria
06 December 2008, 23:40
kevinh1157
I have not worked up a handload yet as I bought 200 rounds of Norma ammo with the gun. I would start with the Barnes Tipped TSX bullet (140 gr) and Varget powder. I would look for a mild shooting load as I do not see the need to strain the gun. I also use low pressure shotgun loads for the same reason. I have taken many quail and a few pheasants with this gun while out pig hunting in Mendocino county. What are your plans for loads and areas to hunt with your CZ?
06 December 2008, 23:40
kevinh1157
quote:
?

What sights do you use on your CZ?
07 December 2008, 00:47
Cornfield SWO
Kevin,

I haven't taken the BBF out yet, but I'm planning on using it for pig/deer and quail/turkey in Southern and Central CA. I live in the San Diego area and the local deer season coincides with both quail and turkey. The places I generally hunt has a good population of quail along with the deer. Its always been a quandry whether to bring the shotgun or rifle and now I'm good to go. I will also try to get up to the central coast area for pigs so combo pig/quail/turkey are on the menu.

The gun has the standard fixed sight as well as a scope mount with a 1.5x5 scope. I'll have to see what works better for me.

Soli Deo Gloria
18 December 2008, 22:35
Burkhard
I only know one hunter with a vierling from HEYM

The rifle is heavy and the price!!!!

http://www.frankonia.de/shop/H...1/productdetail.html
19 December 2008, 01:03
Schauckis
Ni-ceee!!!
And if you look at how much gun - then the price is not awful...
Pity it does not state the caliber!

Burkhard: some time ago you posted a question about lever action and pump action guns. What did you finally end up with?

A.k.a. Bwana One-Shot
19 December 2008, 17:11
Burkhard
Schauckis,

I next want to test the new KRIEGHOFF Semprio, a new type of pump.
Never had one in my hands, but my dealer promised in January.
I think the Semprio is an option.
19 December 2008, 19:30
Burkhard
http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=1995857

Everything is possible in an Vierling.

If money doesn't count - here a special offer