Find
Notify
Tools

Talk to me about the 375 ruger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
I agree with Phil, the 375 Ruger seems like it was made with Alaska in mind. In expensive, reliable, accurate and in stainless/synthetic pretty weatherproof. All kidding aside

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4730 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike McGuire:
I can only speak of Australia and I would say a high percentage of 375 Ruger sales have come at the expense of the 338, not the 375 H&H.

I'm curious about this. Do you think that's related to any ammo or reloading component availability issues?

Posts: 1014 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JeffreyPhD:
quote:
I can only speak of Australia and I would say a high percentage of 375 Ruger sales have come at the expense of the 338, not the 375 H&H.

I'm curious about this. Do you think that's related to any ammo or reloading component availability issues?

No.

338 is used a lot on the big Sambar deer and the 375 Ruger takes a jump in power but in a 338 style of rifle. Also for blokes who just like a big banger for pigs and who would have previously picked a 338. I would say the 375 H&H buyer is happy with the CZ, heaps of them and also the older BRNO or is happy to spend the extra money for the Model 70. The newer Model 70 Alaskan has buyers who want the lighter 375 but who also want a Model 70.

In Australia a Model 70 is held in much higher regard than Ruger.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JeffreyPhD:
quote:

No.

338 is used a lot on the big Sambar deer and the 375 Ruger takes a jump in power but in a 338 style of rifle. Also for blokes who just like a big banger for pigs and who would have previously picked a 338. I would say the 375 H&H buyer is happy with the CZ, heaps of them and also the older BRNO or is happy to spend the extra money for the Model 70. The newer Model 70 Alaskan has buyers who want the lighter 375 but who also want a Model 70.

In Australia a Model 70 is held in much higher regard than Ruger.

Thanks for the explanation. Interesting how different countries view these things.

Posts: 1014 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
As hunters around the globe give the 375 Ruger an honest try and realize it offers the same, ( actually a bit more ), performance as the longer and older H&H round and is available in a shorter, lighter, cheaper package it will continue to grow in popularity.

Just as the 300 Win mag did against the once popular 300 H&H.

This is no slight against either of the old H&H rounds. They were and still are great cartridges but market pressures and performance tend to favor the new.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4197 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How soon, if ever, will we see Remington Federal, and Winchester offer 375 Ruger ammunition?

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3285 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Phil,

Any truth to the rumor I heard that Ruger is going to continue offering the .375 Ruger in the Hawkeye, but is now introducing the .375 H&H in a long action as the "Cub" model?

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:

Just as the 300 Win mag did against the once popular 300 H&H.

Not sure if it was this thread where I said it before but the 300 Winchester/300 H&H deal is totally different situation to the 375 Ruger/375 H&H deal.

A few differences but just one being factory ammo. 300 Winchester arrived with factory ammo. 300 H&H factory loads were well below its potential and 300 Win loads were listed right up there.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Mike,
the 300 winmag requires a far cheaper action, in most cases .. ditto for the 375 ruger ...

though, honestly, one can put a 375hh in a ruger long action, no troubles

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38464 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jeffe,

As I have already said I can only speak about Australia. Lots of 375 Rugers have come at the expense of the 338 Winchester and not the 375 H&H.

Apart from the odd Rem 700 or Wby Vanguard (although they have caught on) in 375 H&H, most of them here are CZ/BRNO and Model 70.

In Australia the Ruger is not held in the same regard as the Model 70. In comparisons of rifles of what is the best? the Ruger will be lumped in with Howa/Vanguard and Tikka.

However, I can see in America how a cheap Made in America rifle with CRF would catch on in 375 Ruger.

If Weatherby start chambering for 375 Ruger, especially Mark V Synthetic (they have done the H&H for a long time) or the Vanguard and Winchester, Remington and Federal make ammo then I think the 375 has made the grade Smiler

If we are still alive we can compare notes in 5 or 10 years time Big Grin

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
quote:
jeffe,

As I have already said I can only speak about Australia. Lots of 375 Rugers have come at the expense of the 338 Winchester and not the 375 H&H.

Apart from the odd Rem 700 or Wby Vanguard (although they have caught on) in 375 H&H, most of them here are CZ/BRNO and Model 70.

In Australia the Ruger is not held in the same regard as the Model 70. In comparisons of rifles of what is the best? the Ruger will be lumped in with Howa/Vanguard and Tikka.

However, I can see in America how a cheap Made in America rifle with CRF would catch on in 375 Ruger.

If Weatherby start chambering for 375 Ruger, especially Mark V Synthetic (they have done the H&H for a long time) or the Vanguard and Winchester, Remington and Federal make ammo then I think the 375 has made the grade Smiler

If we are still alive we can compare notes in 5 or 10 years time Big Grin

Howa, the company that builds the Vanguard action that Weatherby, among others, uses
Has offered the 375 Ruger chamfering for years. And it is a good action.

And I am convinced the only reason Ruger has not come out with the 375 Ruger in their "American" series is that they don't know what to call it. The Alaskan American or the African American

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some Howas have been sold in Australia in 375 Ruger. Not sure but I think it might have been available as a barreled action. However, I reckon they would have been bought instead of buying a 338.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The fact that in Ruger rifles, the 338 Winchester and 375 Ruger are nearly identical was an additional plus to me. Same can be said for the 416 Ruger. The barrel contours forward of the fore end tip being the only difference. I was already hunting with a Ruger in 338. I also owned a M70 stainless Classic 375 H&H at the same time. I still own that 375 H&H. It now has a 22" barrel and a McMillan stock. But, I have only hunted with it one season, which was prior to owning the 375 Ruger.

I will confess that I have a few 375 H&H's and 375 Rugers. I still prefer the Ruger's to use. The looks and nostalgia may go to the H&H cartridge. But for me the use goes to the Ruger. Hell, I have contemplated re-barreling a M70 Classic stainless 300 Win to the 375 or 416 Ruger. But cannot convince myself to spend the money since I already have secondary rifles to secondary rifles.

I just picked up "spare" 375 and 416 Rugers from the gunsmith today. I had these bedded into H-S Precision stocks. Both are 20" barrel Alaskan models. Per my scales both weigh 8 pounds and a few 10ths of an ounce without rings or scope. Not lightweights but still easily maneuvering rifles.

For me the 375 Ruger replaced the 375 H&H for use. The 338's I still have and consider them for more open areas than where I presently hunt. I prefer the 375 in the limited visibility areas that I hunt. And at times I prefer the 416's.

Posts: 425 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ldmay375:
The fact that in Ruger rifles, the 338 Winchester and 375 Ruger are nearly identical was an additional plus to me. Same can be said for the 416 Ruger. The barrel contours forward of the fore end tip being the only difference. I was already hunting with a Ruger in 338. I also owned a M70 stainless Classic 375 H&H at the same time. I still own that 375 H&H. It now has a 22" barrel and a McMillan stock. But, I have only hunted with it one season, which was prior to owning the 375 Ruger.

I will confess that I have a few 375 H&H's and 375 Rugers. I still prefer the Ruger's to use. The looks and nostalgia may go to the H&H cartridge. But for me the use goes to the Ruger. Hell, I have contemplated re-barreling a M70 Classic stainless 300 Win to the 375 or 416 Ruger. But cannot convince myself to spend the money since I already have secondary rifles to secondary rifles.

I just picked up "spare" 375 and 416 Rugers from the gunsmith today. I had these bedded into H-S Precision stocks. Both are 20" barrel Alaskan models. Per my scales both weigh 8 pounds and a few 10ths of an ounce without rings or scope. Not lightweights but still easily maneuvering rifles.

For me the 375 Ruger replaced the 375 H&H for use. The 338's I still have and consider them for more open areas than where I presently hunt. I prefer the 375 in the limited visibility areas that I hunt. And at times I prefer the 416's.

The .338 is more of an "all around" Alaska hunting gun than the .375, but the latter is also a great bear gun near the coastlines.

Posts: 492 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 November 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ray Alaska

The .338 is more of an "all around" Alaska hunting gun than the .375, but the latter is also a great bear gun near the coastlines.

If forty years of guiding hunters and killing bears in Alaska has taught me anything, it is that one would have to kill a hell of a lot of bears before noticing any appreciable difference between the 338, 35 Whelen, 9.3x62 and the 375.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If forty years of guiding hunters and killing bears in Alaska has taught me anything, it is that one would have to kill a hell of a lot of bears before noticing any appreciable difference between the 338, 35 Whelen, 9.3x62 and the 375.

Very interesting testimonial coming from someone as experienced as yourself Phil. Thank you for that.

I now have a problem. I own all four of those calibers. Which one to take, which one to take...

It's all good! Smiler

Posts: 2587 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Surefire, I agonize over the same thing every spring season as I have at least two of each.
But in the fall I usually give up and grab Old Ugly.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I am certain that you are right about that. What I was implying is that smaller that .375-caliber rifles (.30-05, .300WM, .338WM, and 7mm Magnum) seem to be most common with Alaska hunters, specially in the wide-open areas of the interior.

Posts: 492 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 November 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ray Alaska:

I am certain that you are right about that. What I was implying is that smaller that .375-caliber rifles (.30-05, .300WM, .338WM, and 7mm Magnum) seem to be most common with Alaska hunters in the interior.

I would say in Australia (and excluding lever actions) that of the over 30 calibre stuff a much higher percentage of 338s are bought where they will be used on bigger animals than "375 anything" and up. I would also say a higher, much higher, percentage of 375 Rugers are bought where they will be used on bigger animals than the 375 H&H.

Where you mention (.30-06, .300WM, .338WM, and 7mm Magnum) a similar things exits with hunting the big Sambar deer. While plenty of blokes use the 338 and up to "you name it" Big Grin the very large majority would be shot with the 270, 270 WSM, 7mm Remington, 308, 30/06 and 300 WSM/300 Winchester.

I reckon if Winchester chambered for the 375 Ruger and at the same price of rifle as they do in the 375 H&H then they would hardly sell any. The 375 H&H market will bear a much bigger price than the 375 Ruger. If Weatherby chambered the Mark V Safari in 375 Ruger sales would be zero and ditto if 375 was in the Dakota. In my opinion the 375 Ruger is very much just a "means to an end" calibre.

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ray Alaska:

I am certain that you are right about that. What I was implying is that smaller that .375-caliber rifles (.30-05, .300WM, .338WM, and 7mm Magnum) seem to be most common with Alaska hunters in the interior.

I would say in Australia (and excluding lever actions) that of the over 30 calibre stuff a much higher percentage of 338s are bought where they will be used on bigger animals than "375 anything" and up. I would also say a higher, much higher, percentage of 375 Rugers are bought where they will be used on bigger animals than the 375 H&H.

Where you mention (.30-06, .300WM, .338WM, and 7mm Magnum) a similar things exits with hunting the big Sambar deer. While plenty of blokes use the 338 and up to "you name it" Big Grin the very large majority would be shot with the 270, 270 WSM, 7mm Remington, 308, 30/06 and 300 WSM/300 Winchester.

I reckon if Winchester chambered for the 375 Ruger and at the same price of rifle as they do in the 375 H&H then they would hardly sell any. The 375 H&H market will bear a much bigger price than the 375 Ruger. If Weatherby chambered the Mark V Safari in 375 Ruger sales would be zero and ditto if 375 was in the Dakota. In my opinion the 375 Ruger is very much just a "means to an end" calibre.

And that in a nut shell is what I am saying.
The 375 Ruger, which offers more power, in a shorter and cheaper package, is what makes the Ruger a much better deal.
And to top it off, the new Ruger rifles are amazingly accurate.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a lifetime of trying to make up my mind between the 9.3x62, 375 H&H and 338 Win, AND IM still where I was the year the 54 caliber muzzle loader came out, and that's been awhile..I'll never be one to answer that question..

I will say this for what its worth if your a newbie and still wet behind the ears, the 375 Ruger is your best bet most likely, but if your and old curmudgeon and don't give a fat rats ass to start with keep your .375 H&H, your 9.3x62 and .338 Win..that,s where Im at after 70 years of dealinfg with an opinionated mind set! old

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41834 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:

I will say this for what its worth if your a newbie and still wet behind the ears, the 375 Ruger is your best bet most likely,

Ray,

Only negative on that advice is you automatically exclude some rifles, probably most notable being the Model 70.

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:

I will say this for what its worth if your a newbie and still wet behind the ears, the 375 Ruger is your best bet most likely,

Ray,

Only negative on that advice is you automatically exclude some rifles, probably most notable being the Model 70.

To me it appears that Winchester is the one excluding the 375 Ruger.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

To me it appears that Winchester is the one excluding the 375 Ruger.

What about Rem 700 and Wby Vanguard and Mark V. Do Savage chamber for 375 Ruger.

Are Winchester, Remington or Federal making ammo or brass.

I think M70 could do well with 375 Ruger if in a slightly heavier barrel version of the 7mm Rem, 300 Win and 338 and with their pricing. Although it would probably steel sales from the M70 338.

In Australia It would not surprise me if the 416 Ruger sells more than the 376 Ruger. Australia's biggest gun forum, which is quite a bit more active then AR would favor the 416 Ruger. Actually that would be logical because the 416 counterpart of the 375 H&H is the 416 Rigby (no way the 416 Remington) and the Rigby is basically a CZ deal and very expensive brass. In other words the 416 Ruger has a much clearer run than the 375 Ruger.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Savage did make a 375 Ruger in the Brush and Bear models. Nosler thru Norma makes brass and loaded ammo.

Remington’s 700 action is long enough to house the RUM case so they do not need the Ruger in its line up. Remington is also Remington.

Weatherby action is also a long action, and Weatherby has its own line that they are proud of, so no need for the Ruger.

Posts: 10844 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Savage did make a 375 Ruger in the Brush and Bear models. Nosler thru Norma makes brass and loaded ammo.

Remington’s 700 action is long enough to house the RUM case so they do not need the Ruger in its line up. Remington is also Remington.

Weatherby action is also a long action, and Weatherby has its own line that they are proud of, so no need for the Ruger.

They chamber 375 H&H in Mark V variations and also in Vanguard as an open sighted gun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are correct. If the action will fit the 375 HH why not. It is a heritage cartridge like the 30/06 However, I do not see it as a statement on the availability of the 375 Ruger that Weatherby which has its own almost exclusive line of cartridges does not Chamber it.

Winchester currently chambers no Weatherby cartridges and only did throughout USRA custom shop. Same with Remington, that only offered Weatherby caridfes through custom shop.

Most that that makes a 30/06 length max action offers the 375 Ruger.

Howa
Savage
Ruger
Sako in the bear series(action length is able to House the 2.85 inch case)
Nolser really a Howa
Moseberg patriot
Montana 1999 before recent demise

Winchester/FN will never let the 375 HH die, FN has jumped on the Nosler family of cases. FN offer the 6.5, 28, 30 Nolser cartridges. My speculation is because of the Olin Winchester (Olin still owns Winchester name and licenses it to FN) FN relationship. Ruger went to Hornady to develop the 375 Ruger. Therefore, I am not surprised Winchester does not offer the 375 Ruger.

Posts: 10844 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
You are correct. If the action will fit the 375 HH why not. It is a heritage cartridge like the 30/06 However, I do not see it as a statement on the availability of the 375 Ruger that Weatherby which has its own almost exclusive line of cartridges does not Chamber it.

Winchester currently chambers no Weatherby cartridges and only did throughout USRA custom shop. Same with Remington, that only offered Weatherby caridfes through custom shop.

Most that that makes a 30/06 length max action offers the 375 Ruger.

Howa
Savage
Ruger
Sako in the bear series(action length is able to House the 2.85 inch case)
Nolser really a Howa
Moseberg patriot
Montana 1999 before recent demise

Winchester/FN will never let the 375 HH die, FN has jumped on the Nosler family of cases. FN offer the 6.5, 28, 30 Nolser cartridges. My speculation is because of the Olin Winchester (Olin still owns Winchester name and licenses it to FN) FN relationship. Ruger went to Hornady to develop the 375 Ruger. Therefore, I am not surprised Winchester does not offer the 375 Ruger.

M70 and Rem 700 are two big ones missing.

No ammo from Winchester, Remington and Federal, at least I think that is the case.

I don't think 375 Ruger can be compared to any Weatherby calibres, none, including the 300 Wby, could be called mainstream calibres.

However, Wby offers lots of non Wby calibres in both Mark V and Vanguard but no 375 Ruger.

You mentioned Rem 700 no 375 Ruger because they have 375 RUM. However, the 375 RUM is getting into 378 Wby area where recoil is rather special Big Grin However, Rem 700 have 375 H&H.

As I said before I see the 375 Ruger as just a "means to an end" calibre and the vast majority of buyers will be those who get one because they are going to shoot some very big animals. On the other hand the vast majority of the big bore market is not blokes going to Africa, Alaska or Norther Territory in Australia. I also reckon that a lot of 375 Ruger sales come at the expense of the 338, definitely the case in Australia.

If we are still here we will have to compare notes in 10 years time Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do say Remington will never Chamber the 375 Ruger because they have the RUM case that maxes out their action. And because they are Remington they could not get the twist right on the 35 Whelen.

Remington is also in bankruptcy Chapter 11. I really do not think they merit comparison.

Any rifle action that can Chamber a 2.85 Case is going to carry the 375 HH. It is a heritage chamber like the 30/06. I do not think new actions are going to be large enough going forward to Chamber 2.85 inch cartridges.

Ruger makes an African rifle. Remington has long dropped its Safari specific rifle. Remington’s website does not show or list any models in either 375 HH or 375 Rem. So, Ruger is carrying a 375 in an African specific model.

In fact, if you use the search function it say, “No items found.” I went through every individual Model 700 in the online catalog.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remington definitely does not go hand in hand with big bores.

I have of thought if the 416 Remington had been 416 Winchester and 375 RUM the 375 Winchester Magnum they would have both done much better and especially in the M70 and CZ etc.

However it is often surprising what people will buy. In Australia the the 6 lug Mark V ultra light sells well in the 308. That really surprises me s the 308 is real common but in the cheap rifles like Tikka, Howa and Ruger. Somehow Weatherby and 308 just don't go together Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
MIke,
Oh, never fear, the pre 64 mod 70s domianate my gun cabinet along with the custom 98 Mausers, I only have a few Rugers..But, I will say this for the Ruger 77 action that you don't care for, its beyond a doubt the strongest bolt action yet and is as strong as a Ruger
#1..I tried to blow one up that had been soaking up water for near a year in the Rio Grande and I gave up when a case full of Bulleye didn't get it done..That load would make a Win,Rem or Mauser disinagrate!! The result of that got me into Rugers, in 338 mod 77 African, 338 No. 1-S, 250-3000 no. 1-A, 30-06 mod 77, and a 7x57 RJ Renner Austrian design custom 77 topped off with a Leupold Alaskan 2.5X that Im overly fond of..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41834 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I have both and Always reach for the H & H.

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dead Eye
posted Hide Post
Factory ammo tells the tale.
If the 375 Ruger is so popular, why is Hornady the only company building factory ammo for it?

I have both the H&H and Ruger and to say one is better is pure opinion.

Posts: 395 | Location: Canada | Registered: 06 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dead Eye:
If the 375 Ruger is so popular, why is Hornady the only company building factory ammo for it

I have some DoubleTap factory ammo here in 375 Ruger. Pretty near prairie dog accurate out of my rifle.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1215 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dead Eye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TREE 'EM:
quote:
If the 375 Ruger is so popular, why is Hornady the only company building factory ammo for it

I have some DoubleTap factory ammo here in 375 Ruger. Pretty near prairie dog accurate out of my rifle.

Never seen that stuff on a shelf anywhere. Where did you buy it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Swift Bullet company also loads the 375 Ruger with the 300 grain A-Frame in its ammo line.

Posts: 425 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nosler Trophy Grade, Hornady, Double Tap.

Hornady and Nosler on shelves in Lexington KY. Sportsman’s Warehouse in Lexington tell me they sell a lot more 375 Ruger than HH And no it is not because I buy it. Neither burn up the charts. But a few guys in the area buy every box they get.

I do not think the 275 Ruger is going to blow the 375 HH away. FN and Olin alone will see to that. But the Ruger is the better case, and I like belted cases. I see the Ruger as the 300 WM and the 375 HH as the 30/06.

Again, no one with the 6-6.5 explosion is building a lot of any caliber over 30 caliber.

We are arguing about a small market.

One of Us
Picture of Dead Eye
posted Hide Post
Nosler dropped the 375 Ruger factory ammo.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nosler dropped the 375 Ruger factory ammo.

Ahh!You are right. Good thing they/Norma still makes brass.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beats me why the 375 Ruger was not followed by a 300 Ruger instead of the 416 Ruger and those real short ones in 30 and 338.