New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 Win Mag shooters/brass
 Login/Join

<QuarterIncherNV>
posted
Okay, I'll admit it: I'm more than a bit a*** retentive about brass. I HATE to see new brass wasted and discarded unused. My family may shoot 500 rounds during a trip to the range but we always come home with more brass than we shot.

However, the local County Sheriffs have sniper rifles in 300 Win Mag and they cannot, for legal purposes, reload their brass. So, after they were done shooting, my daughters and I scooped up eighty one (81) once fired Frontier cases. The three "snipers" (my 13 year old daughter outshot them with my Rem 260 VLS at 200 yards) even helped us bag them up. I'm sure that someone here can put them to use. Please feel free to email me(AWPorter@REMOVEsbcglobal.net -remove the "REMOVE") and I'll get them off to you.

We are cartridge collectors so you can either reimburse us for postage or send a few cartridges our way. What type of cartridges you send us isn't as important as these great once fired cases being put back to good use [Smile] .

I HATE to see good brass go to waste. Obsessive/complusive disease perhaps or just a strict Welsh upbringing?

My best to you and yours.
QaurterincherNV

[ 07-16-2002, 11:27: Message edited by: QuarterIncherNV ]

<gruvinbass>
posted
email on the way [Smile]

chad

<QuarterIncherNV>
posted
Brass was shipped today but I'll hang on to your email addresses and if we run across the shooting teams again (seems that we are always there when they are) I'll send an email to all who responded.

I HATE to see good brass go to waste.

<Don Martin29>
posted
Quarter Incher,

Your supposed to save up the brass and then buy a rifle in that caliber when the amount gets to 20.

My rule is just one case.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Don saving brass is a great reason to buy a new rifle I have several hundred 270's that just waiting for the right deal to come along.

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
<QuarterIncherNV>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Don Martin29:
Quarter Incher,

Your supposed to save up the brass and then buy a rifle in that caliber when the amount gets to 20.

My rule is just one case.

I think that is a great rule. [Smile] Think my wife will buy it?

I believe I'd have to up the "one case" clause as I collect cartridges and have roughly 600 different ones. I bought a new home last year and added 1500 sq feet to it this spring but it still wouldn't be big enough.

However, I did collect roughly 80 22 Hornet cases ............ hmmmmmmmm [Big Grin]

Thanks for the idea guys.

<CAMike>
posted
QuarterIncher,

If you find anymore of that 300 Win brass, consider me for some please, share the wealth!

CA Mike

<David Boren>
posted
I too slow. Anyways, next batch count me in... please. I dont have much money, so reloading my 300 is the same brass over and over. I would really like some free brass... Ill pay shipping.

<abnrigger>
posted
Once fired brass is a terrible thing to waste.