New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3X62 Reloading data
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Somewhere, someplace, sometime ago, I thought I had read about reloading data for the 9.3X62 rifle but can't remember. Could anyone please help me. Thanks, Mike

Posts: 915 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
how heavy a bullet do you want to load? I can give you a couple of good ones i have with 270 grain speers, but really i'm still kinda plaaying with the load work myself. also, there's some loads on the reloading section of this site.

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You will find several loads in the reloading portion of this board if you will go to the home page.

You will be able to find some additional data if you will do a search on this forum.

Nosler did have some data on its home page; however, I believe it has been delete/superceded.

You may find some on the Speer home page given that they make a 27gr bullet.

Barnes, Speer, Nosler, and VV have data in their manuals.

If you are looking for starting data, you could use .35 Whelen from any manual as a starting point. The 9.3 is .366 in a blown out 30-06 case and the .35 Whelen is a .358 in a 30-06 case.

Hope this helps. Your question was a bit broad. Ku-dude

one of us
posted Hide Post
another source for information is Pet Loads by Ken Waters. The load I worked up last year for hunting was 60gr. of IMR 4320 with a 250 gr. ballistic tip. Got 2530 fps. out of mt CZ 550.

Posts: 388 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of eric 98
posted Hide Post
A fellow 9.3 user on this forum, GarBy, suggests 58 gr. of reloader 15 with 286 gr. Nosler Partitions. Not sure of his primers, but he may weigh in here. Are you out there GarBy ?

Posts: 287 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
<toto>
posted
I load 61gr r15, 250nos.bt. 2631' per sec. 23.6" barrel CZ. Hope this helps. fws

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again guys for the reloading data and info on where to find what I need. Mike

Posts: 915 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Pygmy>
posted
I have the CZ 550 American... My load is 59.0 RL-15, WLR primer, Lapua brass and the Barnes 250 X bullet....Velocity is 2500 FPS and it consistently groups under one inch at 100 yards...

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Pygmy, a friend of mine is looking for a CZ American in 9.3x62. If you don't mind me asking, what did you give for it, Where did you get it, and how do you like it? Dr. Lou

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Pygmy>
posted
Doc....I got it at J&G Sales in Prescott AZ about 15 months ago...At the time it cost me $450 TOTAL which included shipping and a few bucks for my local gun dealer who processed it...It comes with rings and integral bases...

I love it.....The fit and finish are superior to domestic models costing as much or more money...The single set trigger is a really nice feature IMHO... After some rountine load development it is shooting sub MOA groups right out of the box...No tuning, no bedding, no NUTTIN'... The recoil is sustantial but not abusive..Noticably less then a .300 mag or .338 of similar weight....It shoots a heavy bullet flat enough for the occaisional 300 yard shot...

What's not to LIKE ..??..... [Wink] ........

[ 06-20-2002, 05:25: Message edited by: Pygmy ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Eric98 and gang...yes I'm back...was on vacation. I've had real good luck with both RL-15 and H4895, and am now playing with H414. My best loads to-date have been with 58 gr of RL-15 and the 286 gr Partition....2365 fps and < 3/4" at 100 yds...5 SHOTS! I'm going to try 58.5 gr shortly....I'd like to hit 2400+ fps if I can maintain the accuracy and no pressure problems. I have used 58 gr of H4895 with the 250 gr BT for 2575 fps and < 1" accuracy....but I'm still working on this one. All of my loads are using Lapua brass and CCI 200 primers. As I develope loads, I will post the results. I am now trying out the Ramshot Big Game and Tac powders...very clean burning and temp. insensitive. I chrono everything over an Oehler so results are pretty accurate. My favorite bullet in this caliber is definitely the 286 Partition....maybe not quite as fast or flat as the BT, but very accurate and consistant. Gary.

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FourTails:
Somewhere, someplace, sometime ago, I thought I had read about reloading data for the 9.3X62 rifle but can't remember. Could anyone please help me. Thanks, Mike

These links could perhaps be useful: www.norma.cc and www.vihtavuori.fi

Fritz

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Here's my old load data for the 9.3x62:

Rifle Sako Hunter Laminated 23.5" Barrel:

270 Grain Speer SSP

67 grs ww-760, Norma Brass, CCI-250 = 2267

250 Grain Barnes X

67 grs. ww-760, = 2400

68 grs. = 2447

69 grs. = 2456

70 grains = 2495

61 grs. 4064 = 2457

62 grs. 4064 = 2510

My notes show aAccuracy was good for all loads 1" to 1 1/2" all five shot groups.

Velocity so-so. Barrel appeared to be "slow". Max load in the Speer Manual (#12) is 60 grains WW-760 giving 2552 FPS in a 26" barrel. So my loads were over book by 7 grains and under velocity by over 300 FPS.

Took several head of game with it and the 270 Speer. Never saw anything worth shooting when I had the Barnes X's in the chamber.

All in all, it Killed well, but was never happy with he velocity it gave. Brass and bullets were a hassel to get 8 years or so ago.

Sold it and later bought a 35 Whelen I liked much better.

Good luck,

Bob

Posts: 439 | Location: Goldsboro, NC 27530 | Registered: 25 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gents....I read the article in the new issue of Handloader. The CZ 550 American got a great review (which I already knew), but the loading data is a little conservative IMHO. Some of my loadings are 1/2 to a full grain above the author's and I have absolutely no pressure signs in 85-90 deg. Florida weather. His grains of powder/ bullet combos and velocities match mine very closely, though, for some of his loadings. The RL-15 and H4895 loads, in particular, are dead nuts on. Good article, but Mr. Atkinson's data, Kudu-dude, and a couple of others have just as good loads shown here on the forum. Gary.

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote