THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    US Repeating Arms Co. 7.62x51 sharpshooter rifle....

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Repeating Arms Co. 7.62x51 sharpshooter rifle....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It's marked FN Patrol Bolt Rifle made at New Haven CT USA. Winchester 70 short action, heavy barrel with muzzle break and Hogue rubberized stock. Is it worth buying for $800. The rifle is new and has not been previously sold to customer. The outfit now goes by FNH and assembles guns in Columbia SC USA. Feedback please.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, its worth $800. I remember these rifles, not many. Don't have a fact feedback but I would prefer over the new M70.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The action is fine, the barrel is good, and I prefer the old M70 trigger. I have not tried it yet, but I think any Timney, Jewel, Canjar made for a M70 will drop in.

Can't say that for the later M70's.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you can pick up a new in the box patrol bolt rifle from cdnn for $599.00 in the current catalogue. the pbr is a little different from the special police rifle, which has a heavier barrel and a bit tighter tolerances. good rifles. i picked up a special police rifle from cdnn about 7 years ago. it does well.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
cdnn used to carry these, may still

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38525 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I decided to pass on this rifle as it has muzzle break and if taken off and caped the barrel will only be about 18". If the barrel was 24" I would probably take it. I'm looking at Daewoo k2 .223 semi-auto now.