THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    which cart/bullet combo would YOU use on this?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

which cart/bullet combo would YOU use on this?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Col K
posted Hide Post
120mm APFSDS-T (Armor-Piercing, Fin-Stabilized, Discarding Sabot -Tracer) from the TC over-ride!

Posts: 350 | Location: GA by way of PA, OH, KY, TX, VA, and NC | Registered: 10 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn tankers, a short burst from the M197 20mm cannon or a BGM-71E ITOW with 2750m PBR Wink

Posts: 187 | Location: SE Nebraska, USA. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
7Mag using a 160gr. Nosler Partition.

Posts: 265 | Location: Bulverde, Texas | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
.460 Weatherby mag

One of Us
Picture of Col K
posted Hide Post
TANKER LIKES RED MIST!!

I could have said, "Driver move out ... right track!" and saved ammo. But then you have to get out of the tank for the visuals ... just not the same.

Posts: 350 | Location: GA by way of PA, OH, KY, TX, VA, and NC | Registered: 10 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Given they relative positions of the two beast neither would be shot at by me untill they were a little further apart, then, whammo with a 9.3x64

Posts: 1374 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
cheersThat was the one Seafire took last year with a youth load from his 25-20. animal stirroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JOE MACK
posted Hide Post
Again, my tried and true .41Magnum with 250gr.WFNGC at 1300fps under 75yards. I've shot completely through a large bull that was quartering towards me at 35yards. Elk hain't bulletproof. My mother used to keep them out of her garden with an old straw broom.

JOE MACK aka The .41FAN

HAVE MORE FUN AND GET THE JOB DONE WITH A .41

I am the punishment of God…
If you had not committed great sins,
God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you. (GENGHIS KHAN)

Posts: 403 | Location: PRK | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday Roger,

I was actually thinking that the trebly (222rem) would be the go at the range and angle offered but I suppose that is a moot point now that Seafire has already done the job by being overgunned with his damned 25 cal cannon beer

Congratulations Seafire I reckon maybe your 35mm was a better idea after all.

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Reeder custom Encore with a 12"bull bbl in 378GNR using 260gr Accubonds @2350fps....bang/flop.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My rifle would be either a 35 whelen 250 grain speer or a 45/70 marlin. 350 grain Hornady,
But my .338 might be at least as good. But Any thing from .270makes sence . ...tj3006

freedom1st

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
470 AR, 500gr woodliegh!
jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38483 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deputy Al:
9.3 x 62, Nosler 286 grain Partition. This year's elk load, BTW.

Ditto! I'm workin' that load up right now for my 9.3x62.

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where I had mentioned last year when this was posted that it is at a Federal game preserve and a few years ago, some assholes went out and took 3 of those large elk at night, and took only the heads to be mounted and sold...

All three elk had been poached with 22 Long Rifles...and they were big 6 x 6s like in the pictures...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That elk is a deam come true!
This year I am taking my Ruger 77 .338 WM using DoubleTap's loading of a 250gr. Partition Gold @ 2750fps. I was able to shoot a .92" three shot group at 100yds. That is unbelieveable with this rifle. If I place it right, then it is meat in the pot.

Posts: 186 | Location: High in the Rockies | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pumpkinheaver
posted Hide Post
30-06 and up. 45-70 with a 350 Hornady would be my first choice, I like leverguns.

Walk softly and carry a big bore!

Posts: 414 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 28 February 2002Reply With Quote