THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    H&R 9-shot break action handgun

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

H&R 9-shot break action handgun
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I posted this down in the classified, but post it here too in the event someone has what I'm looking for but hasn't thought about selling it.

I'm looking for a Harrington and Richards, 9-shot, break-open revolver known as the Model 999 Sportsman. Not looking for a collector. Just a good quality shooter. You can send an email to brentd@iastate.edu or post here.

Thanks

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had one of these 9 shot 22 Rimfire revolvers years ago. It was a nice handgun, but kept loosing the rear sight blade. Don’t remember why I sold or traded it. Good luck with your quest.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those were nice little revolvers. For some reason, I remember going into a local gun shop in 1970 when I was at Ft. Hood + seeing them for $39.95. Of course everything was cheaper then, but somehow that stuck in my mind.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty remarkable recollection, Norman C.

I have one in the mail today. It is an early ~1939 version. Looking forward to some fun with it.

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we always seem to remember the ones that we wish we had bought.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or the ones we wish we had never sold.

One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
Hello, I have one I might sell, pm me if you are interested

Posts: 1306 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470Evans:
Hello, I have one I might sell, pm me if you are interested

I have one on the way, but I might be interested anyway. Can you send some details to my email, brentd@iastate.edu? I also have a friend that is looking for one. Not sure how serious he is, but he is the one that got me to go looking for these.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i think i had one, or one like it, but i think the model was the titan -- 9 shot break open?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38460 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
i think i had one, or one like it, but i think the model was the titan -- 9 shot break open?

I've not heard of a Titan, but the H&R Sportsman, model 999 is a 9-shot, break-action gun

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I gave mine to my older brother in law in the 80s, i THINK - and when he passed, *I* wasn't allowed to have any of his firearms, regardless of the fact that I was his constant hunting buddy and his two grown kids (roughly my age) have zero interest in guns ... i think i might still be salty about that

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38460 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
I gave mine to my older brother in law in the 80s, i THINK - and when he passed, *I* wasn't allowed to have any of his firearms, regardless of the fact that I was his constant hunting buddy and his two grown kids (roughly my age) have zero interest in guns ... i think i might still be salty about that

I think I can understand that. Sorry for your loss(es). That would really suck.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Use one in AK on a hunt to pot a few grouse.

Posts: 19357 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Use one in AK on a hunt to pot a few grouse.

Exactly my intentions, but in Minnesota.