New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tisa 10mm
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just ordered a Tisa D10 1911 copy. I'll have to see if they're worth all the hype. Haven't had a 10mm since my old Glock 40....near 44 mag ballistics in a 1911 platform. Cool! :-)

Posts: 20084 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
.near 44 mag ballistics in a 1911 platform

Low end 44 high end 10mm.

I guess your right.

Posts: 19357 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I would usually say something about longevity of a 1911 frame and full house 10mm loads -- but it's Biebs, he'll sell it before too long Smiler

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38460 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Jon, I think you will be surprised by the quality of the CNC machining, the trigger and the whole Tisas package. The Turks are making some very good stuff these days -- along with the usual dreck.
By the way, I finally discovered that Tisas is pronounced "tis-SOSH."
I had been saying "TEE-sus" ... hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I think you're right :-)

Posts: 20084 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve had two Tisas 1911’s and have been very impressed with them. I actually liked my Tisas 10mm better than my Ruger SR1911 10mm. It seemed to be smoother and shot better. My other was a Carry model, which was also accurate and well made, it just felt too heavy for EDC. I replaced it with a Springfield RO Compact.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, glad to hear. I'm considering getting the Target 45 ACP model next.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will be impressed with any Tisas. In addition to their D10 I own a Tisas 1911 Carry SS45R and one of their Match models.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
10 mm and 44 mag performance?

You misspelled .460 Rowland.

Jiri

Posts: 2072 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jiri:
10 mm and 44 mag performance?

You misspelled .460 Rowland.

Jiri

How did that happen.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 19357 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Picked it up yesterday. Appears to be very well made and finished. Can't believe the prices on the Tisa handguns. It's raining now, so initial range test will have to wait I guess :-(

One of Us
posted Hide Post
before the frost of buying handguns in canada i got a turks made 1911 in 9mm *&( yes i know ) and it was surprise how they were well made not as a dan wesson that i offered to my wife but still nicely made and did not let me down so far.

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Grinch:
I’ve had two Tisas 1911’s and have been very impressed with them. I actually liked my Tisas 10mm better than my Ruger SR1911 10mm. It seemed to be smoother and shot better. My other was a Carry model, which was also accurate and well made, it just felt too heavy for EDC. I replaced it with a Springfield RO Compact.
o have handles one, they are really nice to shoot and not what I expected with the recoil.

Posts: 10 | Location: VA | Registered: 25 October 2022Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Jon, what do you think of your Tisas 10 now that you have had it a while?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I like it a lot. Feeds and ejects well, and manageable even with the original full-house loads. I may not be the most critical judge, as I'm more a revolver guy, but quite pleased.