THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    BFR in 50/110 5 shot Revolver!

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BFR in 50/110 5 shot Revolver!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
FYI,JRH Gunsmithing (Jack Huntington)(530)268-6877 is converting the BFR to 50 Alaskan and now,has done the first(and 2nd)50/110 ones for me!I love it! His work is Magnificent!Prices are reasonable too.Power is Awesome as I am pushing 600 Woodleighs over 1400 from a 7" barrel!Hope to take a Brownie this Fall with it!

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
awesome... 2020

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds similar to my 500 Martin (50 Alaskan necked to .500"; built on 500 S&W BFRs). It's a handful to say the least.

Lee Martin
www.singleactions.com

Posts: 380 | Location: Arlington, VA | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Ouch, my wrist hurts just thinking about it. Sounds very cool. Do you have pics of it?
Ranger Rick sells some monster .512 cast bullets.
http://www.lsstuff.com/ranger-rick/
.512 DIA
975 GRAIN FNGC
735 GRAIN ROUND NOSE PLAIN BASE
655 GRAIN SEMI FLAT NOSE PLAIN BASE
545 GRAIN FLAT NOSE PLAIN BASE

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Wow,975s...Maybe I can get them moving 1100fps and that would be a TKO of 78!Very possible! Thanks.....Yes,what is you direct email address and I can send you a few neat pics of this awesome revolver...I am also building a 2nd one now,with a 5.5" Octagon barrel!

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
octagonal barrel...classy...

can you post video clips of the guns and shooting???

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Hey Boomstick! I have pics and a short clip shooting it if you can post for me,that would be great!Need your email address to send to,thanks!

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Sounds painful to shoot! Would love to see pics! beer

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
I swear,I want to,but for some reason,I cant figure out how! I can do it elsewhere,no problem!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't either! But I thought I was a little crazy with large guns. I have two BFR's and was on the sight long enough to make my mouth water with all of the new guns Magnum has come out with. If I had the money I would have to have one of each.
Seems it might be easier to convert the .500 to a bigger gun. BFR's sure don't scrimp on metal, lots of room for about anything.
I am going to want to read about results when you are done.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Yes,its quite a cannon! I am also having another one built as we speak in a 5.5" barrel,Octagon SS!Might look like a Flamethrower going off~! I like the BFR 50/110 better than my 500 Smiths ,but the Smith has taken Bison and Water Buff with the 500XTP's,both one shot kills and over 4ft of penetration,recovered 500gr bullets weighed 499grs and had Perfect Mushrooms..Came out my 7.5" Performance Center Smith at around 1420fps!Now I am pushing 600Woodleighs faster out of a BFR 7" in a 62 ounce pistol(vrs the 73 Ounce Smith)YEP,She Kicks a Tad! : )I had the name "Thunderbeast"engraved on the frame!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Have to watch your head. My friend split his forehead and blackened his eye with my .475. He said he doesn't like my guns. You should have seen the blood!

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
I have heard of this before...I say Hold on TIGHT and Dont let it Happen! Magnum Pistols recoil upwards mostly,so he must have had his arms to loose and apparently not prepared at all!Hope he is OK and now and I guess he has scar for a great conversation piece!

one of us
posted Hide Post
He was shooting with two hands from sandbags too. Funny thing was after he got the blood stopped he was hitting real good offhand with it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitworth:
Sounds painful to shoot! Would love to see pics! beer

I agreed with both hands up!!!

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Send me emaill address and I wil send them direct...

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I put this in the Big Bore forum, but thought I'd paste it here also.

For those who don't know how to post pictures.
You need to put a front and ending image tag around the URL of the picture.
[ the left square bracket followed by IMG then the right square bracket ],[ IMG ] but no spaces. type the address of the pic, http://www.lsstuff.com/howdah/pics/howdah2/577howda001.jpg
The end starts with the square bracket [ then a back slash / with IMG and the right square bracket ] [ /IMG ] , again no spaces.

With all of it put together then the picture shows up in the post.

If that's not clear, then hit the reply with quote and look at the text of where a picture is at. Hopefully that should make it clearer.
The image does need to be on the web someplace.
To keep it on topic, those are big bore double pistols, the small one on top is a 577 and the bottom is a 70 cal.
FWIW

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote