New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loading block cleanup
 Login/Join

<CAL9 from planet Fargo>
posted
My RCBS load blocks are getting dinghy and I'd like to clean them up. Has anyone ever run these through the diswasher? Will they self-destruct? What are your cleanup methods?

Thanks,

CAL

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
On the bottom tray they will warp. I put mine on the top tray with the glasses.

------------------
NRA Life member

Posts: 8344 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
<hotdog>
posted
Ditto, bearclaw that'll do er. luck hotdog

<Mike Dettorre>
posted
I just spray them with break cleaner then wash off.

------------------
MED

The sole purpose of a rifle is to please its owner

posted Hide Post
My superior handloading capabilities compelled me to dispense with run-of-the-mill trays. I made a gift of them to some neophyte reloader down the street. These days, I employ the use custom made ironwood loading trays from Deafdog, as do all the elite handloaders, including our illustrious Saeed.

http://deafdog.turboweb.net.au/

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Mc
posted Hide Post
Gee, I made mine out of Georgia Pine using a drill press. I guess if they begin to offend me, I'll throw them away and make some more.

Bill Mc

Posts: 1450 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 16 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Bill T>
posted
Cal 9: You might try giving them a good soaking with straight Simple Green, then rinse and go with the top tray of the dishwasher. Simple Green works well, I use it on my engines, (when their cold), then hose it off and hit it with compressed air. Start it up and let it run untill it's hot. It looks like a new engine, and you don't get filthy when you have to work on it. Bill T.

one of us
Picture of BlackHawk1
posted Hide Post
Oofdah! If it don't rust, corrode, get verdigris, gum up, slime over, or otherwise oxidize, I don't bother cleaning it. Your a Nodak, come on, we have a reputation to uphold. You betcha, ya sure.

------------------
BH1

"Did you use excessive force?---I HIT IT WITH EVERYTHING I HAD!

Posts: 707 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2001Reply With Quote