The Accurate Reloading Forums
Loading block cleanup

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2511043/m/93410755

26 December 2001, 05:56
<CAL9 from planet Fargo>
Loading block cleanup
My RCBS load blocks are getting dinghy and I'd like to clean them up. Has anyone ever run these through the diswasher? Will they self-destruct? What are your cleanup methods?

Thanks,

CAL

26 December 2001, 06:07
D Humbarger
On the bottom tray they will warp. I put mine on the top tray with the glasses.

------------------
NRA Life member

26 December 2001, 15:55
<hotdog>
Ditto, bearclaw that'll do er. luck hotdog
29 December 2001, 02:42
<Mike Dettorre>
I just spray them with break cleaner then wash off.

------------------
MED

The sole purpose of a rifle is to please its owner

29 December 2001, 04:46
Nickudu
My superior handloading capabilities compelled me to dispense with run-of-the-mill trays. I made a gift of them to some neophyte reloader down the street. These days, I employ the use custom made ironwood loading trays from Deafdog, as do all the elite handloaders, including our illustrious Saeed.

http://deafdog.turboweb.net.au/

29 December 2001, 05:07
Bill Mc
Gee, I made mine out of Georgia Pine using a drill press. I guess if they begin to offend me, I'll throw them away and make some more.

Bill Mc

29 December 2001, 07:08
<Bill T>
Cal 9: You might try giving them a good soaking with straight Simple Green, then rinse and go with the top tray of the dishwasher. Simple Green works well, I use it on my engines, (when their cold), then hose it off and hit it with compressed air. Start it up and let it run untill it's hot. It looks like a new engine, and you don't get filthy when you have to work on it. Bill T.
30 December 2001, 05:50
BlackHawk1
Oofdah! If it don't rust, corrode, get verdigris, gum up, slime over, or otherwise oxidize, I don't bother cleaning it. Your a Nodak, come on, we have a reputation to uphold. You betcha, ya sure.

------------------
BH1

"Did you use excessive force?---I HIT IT WITH EVERYTHING I HAD!