New
Find
Notify
Tools

.40SW brass to give away!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am giving away this brass to he who offers the closest (or spot-on) guess as to how many cases are in the two-liter bottle. The winner gets the brass in the bag, but does not have to calculate those into his guess. I have no idea what the bottle weighs-- I just counted them. I know to the exact number.

I'll leave the contest open until someone hits it right on or if no one is getting close, I'll close it, reveal the number and award the winner. No hints, no PMs. Just post up your guess. I suppose you can put several in one post such as 1223, 3487 and 12,546. I will not be giving hints such as higher, lower, et cetera. This is a pure guess or maybe you can calculate given the volume of a brass versus the bottle. If two guessers come really, really close and I have closed the contest, the earlier post gets them. If two get it right on, the earlier entry gets them.

The brass is all commercial (I don't think any manufacturer crimps the primers in .40 brass), of mixed headstamp, there is a bit of nickel-plated in it and it has been ultra-cleaned in my spankin' new Harbor Freight ultrasonic cleaner. The insides are spotless, as are the primer pockets. That thing really works! I can clean about 200 .223Rems in it at a shot. You will not have to spend hours cleaning these pockets. All you'll have to do is resize it, flare it, prime it and load it.

If there arises a situation for which I have not provided we'll hash it out right here, for all to see. The contest is hereby OPEN!

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My picture is gone. I have no idea as to why. I have very recently converted from XP to Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit. I really, really hate how it handles pictures. Much too complicated. Puts them into crazy folders all over the place. Under XP, you can drop a picture into any folder you want and find it in a heartbeat. Not so under Win 7. My limited experience with it so far is that IT decides where the picture will go and then you have to go searching for it. A real pain in the Z0X.

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now it's back. What the hell is going on here?

One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
im gonna put my guess in of 232.4. Confused

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39622 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 496 | Location: ME | Registered: 08 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rick boggs
posted Hide Post

Posts: 518 | Location: KENTUCKY | Registered: 05 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Something I forgot to add to the rules: I'd like the brass to go to someone who has a genuine use for it. If you don't have a .40S&W, please do not enter.

posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 323 | Location: Northeastern, PA | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Multiple entries are OK. If you think you underguessed, guess again. No problem...

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of icemanls2
posted Hide Post

Posts: 442 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep them coming, gents. I'm checking every so often to see if anybody is getting warm...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I read this correctly: Guess how much brass is in the bottle and someone wins the baggy of brass?

Oh well, what the hell, 402 pieces.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rae59:
If I read this correctly: Guess how much brass is in the bottle and someone wins the baggy of brass?

Oh well, what the hell, 402 pieces.

No. Correctly guess how many are in the bottle-- get the bottle and what's in the bag, too. I have no need for .40 brass. I'm giving it away to a good home. Winner pays USPS Priority Mail shipping plus 44 cents for my stamp on the SASE. Total cost is going to be around $11.15 or so.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
987 pieces

Posts: 300 | Location: louisiana | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
HB, did the 45ACP brass giveaway come about?

Thanks, Rusty

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:

HB, did the 45ACP brass giveaway come about?

Thanks, Rusty

The brass was said to be in three each five-gallon buckets. Now that it's over, I can tell y'all about it. The brass came from the firing range of a Kalifonia law-enforcement facility. It had been saved for several years. I was to get it from a deputy who had control of it. The new law in Kali that regulates ammo sales gave him cold feet. I guess he thought he was illegally "selling" ammo, so he bailed and sent the stuff to a crusher. A shame, huh? Yeah, I thought so, too. Just in case there is a glimmer of hope that we may still get it, I have saved the Brass List and all who responded will get theirs. But it's been a while, now. I think we lost on that one.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thanks HB! Appreciate the info! I hadn't heard. Thanks for trying!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

**************************The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.

Posts: 282 | Location: South West Wisconsin | Registered: 27 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
365 err 382.
one should be a good eyeball.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

50bmg half inch holes ...... at long range!

Posts: 207 | Location: South Central Montana | Registered: 10 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
276..wait..some a those cases are nickle.. I'll have to re-calculate :-)

One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
712 I dont have a .40 but I do have one on the way!
God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1381 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 7.62Rebel
posted Hide Post

Go Galt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep them coming, gentlemen. I am watching the bids...

One of Us
Picture of Not_Infringed
posted Hide Post
454 cases
(and I have a Glock Model 22 to shoot them out of!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
-- William Kingdon Clifford

Posts: 65 | Location: KC, MO | Registered: 17 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Not_Infringed:

454 cases (and I have a Glock Model 22 to shoot them out of!)

So noted. Go crazy! Throw up some more guesses. Everybody should...

one of us
posted Hide Post

50bmg half inch holes ...... at long range!

Posts: 207 | Location: South Central Montana | Registered: 10 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it's true or not but.....................................................................Hotsh#t is waiting for the contest on a jar of .25ACP brass!!!!

shocker

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TEANCUM:

Hotsh#t is waiting for the contest on a jar of .25ACP brass!!!!
He'll be waiting a long time because I'd never use the energy to pick up something so small. .357Mag is my lower limit and that I'd save for myself-- because I have one. I have a bunch of .38Spcl I will give away shortly after awarding this .40 brass. But no .25ACP...

We have 24 whole-integer estimates and one fractional. To be honest, his is not really in the running. I shall be charitable and remove the decimal portion of his guess. So we have 25 guesses. I have looked at them and I have to say, there are a few in there that are quite good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lets try 995 right on the button.
Bob

Posts: 39 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 04 September 2006Reply With Quote