New
Find
Notify
Tools

RUM "basic" brass
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
anyone know where I can get rum "basic" unformed brass?

or who makes rum brass (other than big green)

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38509 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Federal makes 300 RUM. Doc and I split an order of 250. It is supposed to be top rate brass but I have not loaded any of it yet.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6605 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Jeffe depending on the price, I will go halfsies on an order with ya(assuming Federal will give ya the basic stuff), let me know.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just had a thought. Try Z-hat. They have a line of ultracats up to 458 based on the300RUM, they might have some basic RUMs also. They do not advertise basic RUM brass for sale on teh website, would have to shoot them an E mail or call.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
tried federal .. "non-catalog... we don't sell brass anymore"

will try zhat

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38509 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shot Horneber an E mail too, it might be more expenisve than just getting the Mast Tech leftovers of 404J basic they still have for sale, its $160 for 100 count. we shall see what the price is, and how many would have to be ordered.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you do a search you will find a gent who sells primed Fed 300 RUM brass. We just bought an order last month.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6605 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
Try Huntington's. It's always been the best source for any basic brass. While they are pricey you might at least get a handle on who puts it out and if it's even available.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffeosso,
Try dlsports.com,
I bought 250 from Dave and they seem to be very
high quality I have run about 100 thru my
Sako rum and the only promblem I had was a
couple were a tad long , I found this when
they seemed to chamber hard, I didn't shoot
them and checked them at home and they were a
bit long I now have checked all of them and
those 2 were the only ones.
Plus it's a real interesting web site

Charlie

Posts: 165 | Location: unit 10 Colorado | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I don't know what you have in mind for the RUM brass but, Buffalo Arms sells BELL .404 Jeffrey brass for $1.50 ea. If you want to form one of the RUM cases to your specs, you could probably do this; http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,255.htm

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No word yet from Horneber...

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
DLSports is where Snow and I ordered from. As I mentioned in another thread I started comparing the Rem and Fed brass in 300, we got the Fed. I like it. It is definitely more consistant brass.

When I finally reached the same powder charge of 89.0 of Re25 using the Fed brass, the groups were impressively tight compared to the very good Rem groups.

Now that I own the 270 AM, I'll most likely be ordering another 250 count of the 300 Fed from Dave.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still no reply E mail back yet....