New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source or equivalent of Fed215 primers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've been trying to get Fed215 primers for some time now, with no luck. Does anybody know who has them in stock?

If not, would there be an alternative primer I could substitute?

I am no reloading expert and always follow the "recipe" from reloading manuals or other reliable sources. Could using an alternative primer create an unsafe load?

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Google the question....

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
its my experience that over about 80 grains, and certainly above 100, you should use the federal mags.

that being said, I am generally happy with win LRM for smaller cases..

federal is supplying the military with primers, and the hroding since the 2009 eleciton has caused them to disapear, more or less.

you can find them, generally in the 60 per k range, from time to time.

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38516 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Normally you can find some for sale on gunbroker.com, but be prepared to dig deep into your wallet.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2307 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yepper, a local shop has them; but at $60 per thousand I am not ready to bite that bullet yet.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Powder Valley has them listed as out of stock, but they are listed, which usually means they will take an order and ship when they get them. My last order was filled within a couple of weeks.
27.50/1k+ hazmat so order 5k and some powder, which is what I usually do.
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Labman: Thank you very much for that tip, I never would have thought of gunbroker.com. I have been on the site once or twice when I was linked there, but had no idea they sell reloading supplies.

Idaho: I would have been happy to pay $60.00 if I could have found them here, I'm desperate!

cgbach: I have had them on back order with Cabelas for quite some time. They receive a shipment about once a month, but I'm so far back in line I never get my order. I'll keep Powder Valley in mind.

I just ordered 1000 "factory new" off gunbroker.com. Not too bad, $52.00 total.

Thank you all for your replies!

One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
The local NW Ohio hole in the wall gunshop has 3 - 4 K I beileve

John

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I noticed the local money pit in my neighborhood has just got some 215's in, for $29.99 a brick.

Posts: 273 | Location: Dakota | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
A gunshop owner in the town down the road from me told me about some opportunist in the DFW area selling them for $125/K...that's robbery, IMO.

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Johnch and Mudstud, you guys are lucky, checked every gun shop in my area plus about 40 miles and couldn't find any. Most claimed they have not seen the 215's in years.

AC, I wouldn't be surprised. I was getting desperate enough that I may have paid that much until a friend dug up a couple of hundred in his garage. Not knowing how long until I get my order from Cabelas, I was happy to pay 52 on gunbroker for a thousand.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM inbound.

Posts: 332 | Location: eastern oregon usa | Registered: 21 February 2010Reply With Quote