THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    What tool to trim .585 Nyatti cases available in Australia.

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What tool to trim .585 Nyatti cases available in Australia.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What tools are available to trim .585 cases from all accounts they will not fit on my RCBS pro trimmer. And can this round be reloaded in my Rockchucker press??

Thanks Paul.

------------------

[This message has been edited by PC (edited 01-18-2002).]

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Sooner>
posted
I would think one of the big 50 BMG case trimmers should work, but don't honostly know.

Your rockchucker should have a removeable bushing that you can take out and replace with another, that will let the 585 dies thread into. I have to change bushings to load my 500 Jeff.

Sooner

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Or......

You could always use a chainsaw and a blowtorch...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PC,

The RCBS press has a screw in insert for the bigger 1 inch dies that are needed for 585, 500 Jeffrey, 505 etc.

For trimming, a file/trim die might be the answer.

These are simply dies where excess case length sticks out the top and you run a file across it, but the die is not hurt since it is too hard to file.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote