New
Find
Notify
Tools

GS Custom bullets - delivery problems
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone having problems getting bullets from Gerard? Does the missing/delayed shipment problem still exist today as it had before or has it been cured?

What's the time frame it takes to get them now?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerDon't know as i am a Sierra man myself!

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sierra bullets are great, but they cannot be compared with GS Custom.

It is like comparing appkaees with pineapples Wink

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Last I heard there were problems transfering money from USA to RSA. I tried to do so for months. Finally decided it was too much work with North Fork so easy to deal with. Perhaps they have this problem sorted out but last I heard they had just about given up on an American market for their product. Now if you were to be in South Africa for some reason or another that would be a different story.

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Gerard is working on a revamped system for delivery to the US market. Haven't heard how long it will be, but I am waiting till it gets done.

The TSX has taken a lot of my "need" for GS customs away..... FWIW, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brent,

At the moment Gerard's factory is down. They moved to a new facility and got new machines. But are now waiting for the electricians to do their magic before they can turn things on. Be patient, and the bullets will arrive eventually. I too am waiting for a new batch.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
Brent,

At the moment Gerard's factory is down. They moved to a new facility and got new machines. But are now waiting for the electricians to do their magic before they can turn things on. Be patient, and the bullets will arrive eventually. I too am waiting for a new batch.

Try this ones:http://www.kupferjagdgeschosse.de/
You should get them faster.

Very accurate and good performene!
But up to now i just tested the bullets in 8mm!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd love to try them. But this seems like an extenuation of the list of excuses I've been hearing for the past 3-4 yrs.

Posts: 59 | Location: Barrie Ont. Can. | Registered: 20 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Excuses.

We have made mistakes for which we have apologised to excess. We have also been blamed for stuff that were not justified.

The one fact that stands unchallenged is that there has only been one complaint about GS Custom Bullets and that is that we cannot deliver them in large enough quantities. Do a search of the net. Every mention contains only reports of "worked as advertised" or "I cannot get hold of them fast enough".

Nothing about bullets not expanding when they should or breaking up and failing. No complaints about bore fouling, bad accuracy or lack of information on our website. No complaints about having spent much time and money working up loads and now the company is shut down and bullets are no longer available.

Now we are fixing the production problem and we get mud slung for doing so.

Why is it OK for some companies to grow through order backlogs and supply logistics but not for us?

We have no intention of giving up on any geographic area and will remain in production and always attempt to expand to meet demand as required.

At the moment we are fixing:
Production facility will be trebled in the next two months and the backlog will be gone in three to four.
Website will be upgraded to indicate In Stock/Out of Stock.
Credit card payment system will be done in house.
USA delivery will be from stock held in USA.

Saeed,
What on earth is an appkaee?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is the link offered by Safarischorsch.
http://www.kupferjagdgeschosse.de/

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gerard,

quote:
Credit card payment system will be done in house.
USA delivery will be from stock held in USA.

Can you explain a little more on these two and what this means?

I like the bullets, but I am in no way sticking my neck out to get them, just won't do it.

If you are shipping them from the US, that sounds good, it shouldn't take any longer than a week, tops, even to Alaska, I would think?

Where in the US are they coming from and where do I place this order?

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safarischorsch:

Try this ones:http://www.kupferjagdgeschosse.de/
You should get them faster.

Very accurate and good performene!
But up to now i just tested the bullets in 8mm!

It's allways difficult to know how to deal with negative reports.

I think I have a level of integrity here.

I witnessed one instance of poor on game performance of the 85gr 6.5mm Kupfers last November and had another instance recounted to me by an impeccable source last week.

If you hit bone in a vital area they appear OK, if you don't hit bone and are marginal in shot placement your game is going to be alive when it would be dead with a conventional expanding bullet.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerard:
Excuses.

The one fact that stands unchallenged is that there has only been one complaint about GS Custom Bullets and that is that we cannot deliver them in large enough quantities.

Gerard,
let's clarify that complaint, rather than SPIN it..

The complaint is that is that we cannot deliver them

you rationalize and add the following statement

in large enough quantities

which is spin.

have a nice day... work on that customer service

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,
Straight talk please, I do not know what you mean by spin. Are you saying we are not delivering bullets at all?

Brent,
We will have a payment facility that works, as opposed to the USA based one we currently try to use, that does not. Bulk stock will be held in the USA and orders will be made up and dispatched from there to the USA territories only. We will post the info on our website as well as include it in our newsletter for those who have subscribed to it.

1984mk2

Please clarify for me: Were the 6.5mm bullets that did not perform as expected ours or another brand?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gerard,

I think Jeffe is just saying that "in large enough quantities" could mean almost anything... ie. a box of 20, 50, 100 etc. So that certainly leaves it open to any interpretation.

Have you considered sending bullets to customers from the US based warehouse(?) via COD to improve customer relations?

Will we have a telephone number for this US based warehouse, and address?

quote:
Where in the US are they coming from and where do I place this order?

When will you be ready to ship from this US location?

quote:
If you are shipping them from the US, that sounds good, it shouldn't take any longer than a week, tops, even to Alaska, I would think?

If the bullets are in stock at the US based warehouse, can you make a commitment as to the delivery time frame in days then?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Brent,
quote:
I think Jeffe is just saying that "in large enough quantities" could mean almost anything... ie. a box of 20, 50, 100 etc. So that certainly leaves it open to any interpretation.

I made a simple statement meaning: Orders overrun our current production capability by a factor of four. We are not producing them fast enough. We are making far fewer bullets than what are being ordered. Our backlog is exactly that; a backlog. No hidden meaning and the only source of complaints about our product. We are in the process of fixing this. If Jeffe wants to turn that into some sort of sinister issue, there is nothing I can do about it.

quote:
Have you considered sending bullets to customers from the US based warehouse(?) via COD to improve customer relations?

Will we have a telephone number for this US based warehouse, and address?

No.

quote:
When will you be ready to ship from this US location?

We do not know. The paperwork is a mile high and we have to deal with a state dept. that is halfway around the world.

quote:
If the bullets are in stock at the US based warehouse, can you make a commitment as to the delivery time frame in days then?

The companies we are considering all quote USPS delivery times of two to four days from receipt of order. I have no idea if that is realistic. What do you think?

Orders will be placed on our website as usual and we will forward the order to the warehouse for shipment.

We will post the info on our website as well as include it in our newsletter for those who have subscribed to it.

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerard:We have made mistakes for which we have apologised to excess. We have also been blamed for stuff that were not justified.

I agree. Let's move forward.

RSY

The real work of men was hunting meat. The invention of agriculture was a giant step in the wrong direction, leading to serfdom, cities, and empire. From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information. - Edward Abbey

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wish you all the luck in getting things sorted out. I'll check back when I get back this fall to see where you've gotten.

How soon until production exceeds demand?

If three out of four people are waiting for bullets I'm guessing that's where your focus remains?

Again, wish you all the luck.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried to order some GSC bullets a few months back. I was told that they were out of stock, and that I should just wait to hear from Gina when they were ready. I am still waiting, and willing to do a test to see if they can be delivered to the USA once again.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brent,
quote:
At the moment we are fixing:
Production facility will be trebled in the next two months and the backlog will be gone in three to four.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cool

Gerard,

You have much patience.

Keep up the good hard work of making (more) bullets.

What is an "appkaee"? bewildered

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trebled, tripled... ok, I understand what you meant now, thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
1984mk2

Please clarify for me: Were the 6.5mm bullets that did not perform as expected ours or another brand?

They were Lutz's Kupfers (can't type the whole mouthfull) not yours!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sometimes good things are worth waiting for.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1894mk2:
quote:

They were Lutz's Kupfers (can't type the whole mouthfull) not yours!

I remember reading a brief altercation between the Schultz's and Lutz Moeller about the question of originality and plagiarism with regard to this bullet design, in one of the German webboards. Just FYI.

Carcano

--
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."

"Is the world less safe now than before you declared your Holy war? You bet!"
(DUK asking Americans, 14th June 2004)

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's amazing that some big organized munitions company has not marketed mono bullets. It's true that WW did it with the Failsafes but they do have lead in their bases. On top of that WW has not really pushed these bullets.

The makers of them like GS, Barnes, Groove and others seem mixed up to say the least. Barnes seems the best of a confused bunch.

The concept seems to have a lot going for it on more than one level and I see no patents on it that matter.

I asked Sierra if they were interested and they laughed. They were the wrong ones to ask anyway but I talk to them a lot.

They could be made with by impact extrusion and a plastic meplat could be used to keep the nose from folding in.

Join the NRA

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Savage, it's a simple matter of volume. A $100,000 machine to form cup bullets spits out a couple of bullets per second. A $100,000 CNC machine turns a couple of bullets a minute, on a flat out run. From raw material that is many times more expensive.

Impact extruding copper bullets (which is, I am told, how Barnes makes them) is like barrel making. A hammer forged barrel is pretty good and very cheap. You just need to lay out a couple of million on the come line just to see if you can sell enough units to pay for the machine. JMO, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Savage99,
You reckon the bullet below could be made by impact extrusion?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Savage99,
You reckon the bullet below could be made by impact extrusion?

That would be an 850 grain .510 caliber target bullet for 50 BMG, eh?

I still have a few of your prototypes and a little bit of H50BMG starting load data shot in an AR-50.

That would take a very large impact extruder to roughly shape about 1000 grains of copper, but to get the desired precision you will still have to do some CNC.

Gerard,
I think the answer to your question is "no." You better stick to CNC from scratch for that one. roflmao

one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin We are sharp today!

Who is the guy on the guitar in your signature?

PS. Do you know what an appkaee is?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gerard,
Sorry, I have no idea what an appkaee is but hope that Saeed will tell us someday. Wink

The fat, gray guy is Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead. He's dead, but his estate is grateful for all the money it still makes.It's a joke. Not my passport photo.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Savage99:
It's amazing that some big organized munitions company has not marketed mono bullets.

Hirtenberger. Lapua. Prvi Partizan.

Carcano

--
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."

"Is the world less safe now than before you declared your Holy war? You bet!"
(DUK asking Americans, 14th June 2004)

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shot my .500 NE double today. The groups were 2 shot groups, testing regulation of different loades. Here is one of the targets.

one of us
posted Hide Post

I had to give up on Imagestation. You can use http://tinypic.com/ for now without registering.

Join the NRA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you click on this link, the target should show.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid166/pfebd1e961dbff417109fc0ce25e696d0/f446922f.jpg

And I put a copy of the target at photobucket.com:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v641/500grains/?action=view¤t=a135167e.jpg

But I still cannot get it to show up in this forum directly.

Savage, Tinypic is resisting my attempts to use it.