New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many die sets do you have
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I counted mine during cleaning and oiling and I have 43.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Not very many as I only load for what I have and sell off my dies as I loose interest in a round....7 or 8 I think

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"I have 43."

I have something over 50....are we playing "Can you top this?"

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Last time I checked I coud load for over 50 differant rounds.

I don't sell dies unless I have them all ready you never know when you just might come across that in a what ever cailber you want.

Posts: 19620 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have something over 50....are we playing "Can you top this?"

No, but if you want to proclaim yourself a winner, knock yourself out.

This is a topic to generate discussion, as is almost everything on forums. What made you think this a contest.

I have three sets for guns I don't have, and I have multiples for some cartridges, such as about 5 sets I could load 357 Max, and 5 for 445 Supermag. and have 3 sets for 7BR, and 2 for 223 30-30, 270 and 30-06.

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyesnever counted, but there certainly are a few. coffeeroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i think 10.. who has time to load for 50.? or maybe they are just collectables..

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have about 70 or so.
I load for a lot of different people and they have some weird stuff. Big Grin

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
36 for me. Rifle and handgun.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
never counted, but there certainly are a few.

Yes indeed perhaps a few too many !. I won't mention any names but a fellow member recently added too my ever expanding Few !!!.

Floors are full cabinets are full wall shelves are nearly full, loading benches are over flowing full !. An I really didn't want to hang stuff off the ceiling ,it interferes with the lighting !!! Eeker

I've really got to start repeating NO NO NO NO NO ,when those " DEALS " come along !.

salute archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most of the calibers I shoot, I have two die sets for.. of different brands of course...

each has a few different features or uses than the other brands..plus I have specialty dies in several calibers ( like a body die when needed).

Since many dies cost about the same, or not much more than a single box of bullets, they are actually a pretty cheap investment.

Instead of the "I got more than you do" that becomes common on AR here... my answer is that I have more than enough to do the jobs I ask of them, in the calibers that I shoot or own..

plus I have a few for friends that I load for, in calibers I don't shoot, and they are elderly or handicapped and don't handload.. like the 17 Fireball for instance.

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would almost rather count the wife's shoes but I am still adding as is she! I know if we were racing I would be losing!

Actually, less than 20.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What made you think this a contest.

I was simply wondering what in the world the reason for such a question was. I still am, I miss the point of "discussing" how many cartridges we can load for. ?? No matter.

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bored?

between seventy and eighty.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes....bored.

Around 18......... I think.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I feel very inadequate. Mine apparently isn't as long as most of yours.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
Not counting those I picked up in trade that I have no intention of using, eight.

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not enough, I don't think I will ever have enough.

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Have them for everything but the blackpowder and 22LR firearms. Just sold several thru the classifieds that were dupes or for rifles/pistols that I no longer have. Probably 15-20.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does that count the stuff I have scrounged to do things like load .22WMR rounds with Sierra Hornet bullets?

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
near 70 if you don't count the ones that cover 2-3 different cases.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. I was starting to feel like a fanatic with 13. After reading this thread, I now feel normal. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not very many as I only load for what I have and sell off my dies as I loose interest in a round....7 or 8 I think

ditto

I have 7 of my own and two more that I use to load for friends.

But what I have have get used a bunch.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IIRC,
I'm reloading for 55+ chamberings.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I won't win this, but I have a few instances of 4 in the same caliber and several of 3 and 2 for most that I load for... if that proves anything... Like a problem with buying reloading equipment.

Posts: 224 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 15 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Being a die whore, I have over 100, differant cal sets. I pick up any used set I dont have to be able to form brass from other cases etc. I do use the majority of them, so only sell when I up-grade to a nicer set. I still find them at gunshows, or people contacting me to see if I want them when cleaning out, for $10 a set or less.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The last time I counted it was over 40.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
EekerI have far more rifles than I have die sets. bewilderedMy biggest problem is getting around to shoot all those rifles and pistols. Actually my biggest problem is cleaning all the rifles and pistols I do shoot. Oh well! beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
3", but it's thick

Posts: 718 | Location: Utah | Registered: 14 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[quote]Actually my biggest problem is cleaning all the rifles and pistols I do shoot. Oh well!
beer /quote]

Lets not go into cleaning PLEASE ! Eeker If I'd have been a tad bit sharper just maybe I'd of purchased quick disconnect Barreled actions . Stocks too the right wax an polish ,actions too the left in the cleaning tank oh my !!!. clap

salute archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
a sh!tload!

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
100 RCBS plus 25 various forming and trimming dies. This does not include several sets of Redding dies with interchangeable neck sizing inserts and target type seaters for my match rifles.

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim C. <><:
quote:
What made you think this a contest.

I was simply wondering what in the world the reason for such a question was. I still am, I miss the point of "discussing" how many cartridges we can load for. ?? No matter.

The reason for the question? Obviously it is to serve the purpose of calming my antzness about having so many rifles and die sets. Wink Every now and then I begin to think like Bartsche mentioned - that I don't have time to shoot all the rifles I have, and just keeping them oiled and clean is a choir, so I think of selling a few, then a deal comes along. It's very confusing.

For many years, I have had so many different rifles, in different parts of the country, and so many projects, often going at the same time, with different gunsmiths, that I've had to use Excel spreadsheet to keep up with the status of them all. Sometimes, that seems ridiculous.

So, thank you L.P. for asking this question, so I can feel a bit normal, since I only have about 35 die sets, not counting two sets, 7.62x39, and 338 Federal, which I don't hav rifles for anymore. Big Grin

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A year or so ago I woke up one morning and thought to myself. How many rifles do I own.
I took a piece of paper and started listing. I stopped at 55. My list did not include rimfires, or shotguns, or muzzleloaders. It also did not include pistols.
Since that date, I've endeavored to find good homes for some. My problem is that others keep following me to my house.

Best
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I feel real bad, only 21.
Some of you guys are serious reloadersSmiler

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2649 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
thru due diligence,Ive cut my inventory down to 5 sets.I do need to pick up a 44 mag carbide set now.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
I'm down to 7.

When I was younger I bought a whole bunch of actions and blanks for various projects. But I've done nearly all my hunting with either a .270 Win or.300 Win. So I got rid of em.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1444 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have somewhere around 15 if I count pistol calibers. Geedubya, I did the same thing only started selling when I got to 32. I didn't use them, had aquired different guns I liked better, some I wish I had back, most I don't as I used the money to upgrade. DW

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
whew! I feel normal with 31 or 32 sets......some I don't load for anymore but not point in selling as they make my reloading history into a library of sorts. is my habit a "trend".....hope there is a cure.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jpat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
EekerI have far more rifles than I have die sets. bewilderedMy biggest problem is getting around to shoot all those rifles and pistols. Actually my biggest problem is cleaning all the rifles and pistols I do shoot. Oh well! beerroger

+10

Posts: 447 | Location: NH | Registered: 09 May 2008Reply With Quote