New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midway USA Trouble
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is anybody else having trouble with Midway's web site?? For months I have had to wait forever for their web pages to open. Several times the page will never open, just sit there. Reminds me of the old "Dial-up" days.

I have given up and just go directly to Midsouth or Lock Stock and Barrel.

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm no computer genius, but I think your problem must be internal or local. I just went to their website and the page opened in 10-15 seconds or so, (which it does most of the time) and that's with dial up.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
I have experienced the same but only after 11PM PST-- I think their system may undergoing maintenace during those times?? I have DSL and few internet problems so who knows???....

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by craigster:
I'm no computer genius, but I think your problem must be internal or local. QUOTE]

Very possible, that's kinda why I am here, to see if I am the only one with the trouble. I know it is not "My" computer, I have two other desk tops and a lap top in this house and all of them do the same thing. It could be local like you said. I'll have to "ping" Midway once I figure out how.

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Next time you're there, try this; click on where ever you want to go, wait a couple seconds, then click on the red stop X, then go right back , click on where you originally wanted to go. It works for me, comes right up! Found out how to do that by accident, what you're experiencing is the same for me.

if you run, you just die tired

It's not that life is so short, it's that death is sooo long!

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Your faithful dog

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No problems here? killpc

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm futher north than most of you fellas and it is working just dandy! cheers

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it does the same for me. I have DSL so I'm not slow, but sometimes the pages take 30 seconds to load. Only site that does that.

Wonder if the phishing filter? dancing

Or maybe the guvmint is tracking sales in a "domestic spying" program! sofa

Somebody oughta complain! Would you do that for us Steve? Big Grin

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have ordered from them twice in the last 2 weeks w/no problems.w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
I ordered from them last week. They came up as always, with no problems.
Have you tried different times of day? When I had dial-up the evenings were hell until the neighborhood teens quit jawing with their friends.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grizz:
Next time you're there, try this; click on where ever you want to go, wait a couple seconds, then click on the red stop X, then go right back , click on where you originally wanted to go. It works for me, comes right up! Found out how to do that by accident, what you're experiencing is the same for me.

That is exactly what I have been doing to navigate through their web site. I am starting to get tired of it. Thanks.

I am having trouble most of the time. Time of day doesn't seem to matter. I have DSL.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Same experience for me, also with DSL.

I just hit the reload icon on my web browser (not the reloading tab at Midway) and it speeds the page loading back up.

It is something at their website.

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am no expert but this sounds like a traffic volume problem.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slatts
posted Hide Post
I am on DSL and Midway is a consistently slow loading page for me. I've actually ended up buying from Midsouth and Grafs just because they had faster sites.

Posts: 468 | Location: Tejas | Registered: 03 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep Midway is a slug...
I have Roadrunner cable which is almost instanteous on most sites.
Midway's server must be draggin ass.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Robert405
posted Hide Post
I just placed an order for some of the 458 WM brass that was mentioned in another post. It took less than 5 minutes for the whole process.

Posts: 150 | Location: GA. | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Mc
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you need to clear out your internet history files.

As you visit the net, it saves those pages in order to make the computer run faster. But I believe if you have visited many, many sites, it has to look thru many files.

My guess.

I have no problems connecting with Midway.

Back to the still.

Spelling, I don't need no stinkin spelling

The older I get, the better I was.

Posts: 1450 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 16 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My trouble with Midway is their searchs are so slow.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mc:
Perhaps you need to clear out your internet history files.

Been there done that. Ran a few third party optimizers and clean up programs as well. Still slow as hell at Midway USA only.

posted Hide Post
Just ordered some powder from there myself, website seemed to load o.k. Had to click the powder icon a couple of times in order to get a response, but it went through after a click or two. Did notice it was a litlle unresponsive on a couple of occasions, everything worked out eventually!

Posts: 4 | Location: Ruther Glen, Va. | Registered: 22 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just now went to midways website and it was pretty fast at everything. Midway always loads very fast for me but midsouth is slow at loading the homepage and then it loads quicker once you navigate into other sections of their site. I'm on Comcast cable modem.

Posts: 122 | Location: Villa Rica, GA. | Registered: 27 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
You might try adding some more spyware detectors/removers to your program array if you haven't already. I was using Norton's spyware and my computer still kept getting slower and slower. Finally added Spybot and ran it. It found _730_ spyware programs inbedded in my computer which Norton had missed!! Cleaned them all out and my computer now loads stuff considerably faster....

(Local ISP techs tell me that unlike with anti-virus programs, you can run all kinds of spyware without them conflicting with each other. And, like different search engines being more adept at finding different info, different spyware programs seem to detect different spy infections, so it often requires more than one to get rid of all that crap.)

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
IME, Norton and SpyBot are viruses! I have been running my computer for the last 3 years without any security viruses like those 2. I just don't download any e-mails I don't know and don't load any discs or spreadsheets from others. No viruses, no long searches for viruses, nothing.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woods:
IME, Norton and SpyBot are viruses! I have been running my computer for the last 3 years without any security viruses like those 2. I just don't download any e-mails I don't know and don't load any discs or spreadsheets from others. No viruses, no long searches for viruses, nothing.

You don't commonly get spy programs implanted from e-mails, so whether ot not you open e-mails has not much bearing on your getting spy systems implanted surreptiously in your computer.

They are tracking programs implanted very commonly by any site you go to to shop at. What they do is report back to their company (the companies which monitor the spy programs) exactly where you go on your computer, how often, what kinds of things you buy, etc. They are commonly used to make your computer the object of spam.

The main problems with having spy programs implanted in your computer are:

1. In unscrupulous hands, they can also report every keystroke you make, including credit card numbers, passwords, etc.

2. Every time you turn on your computer, they start up and run...and when your computer is running them, your computer uses time/space that should be available for doing what YOU tell it to do.

They have nothing to do with viruses, which are a whole different ballgame.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:

You don't commonly get spy programs implanted from e-mails, so whether ot not you open e-mails has not much bearing on your getting spy systems implanted surreptiously in your computer.

They are tracking programs implanted very commonly by any site you go to to shop at. What they do is report back to their company (the companies which monitor the spy programs) exactly where you go on your computer, how, often, what kinds of things you buy, etc. They are commonly used to make your computer the object of spam.

The main problems with having spy programs implanted in your computer are:

1. In unscrupulous hands, they can also report every keystroke you make, including credit card numbers, passwords, etc.

2. Every time you turn on your computer, they start up and run...and when your computer is running them, your computer uses time/space that should be available for doing what YOU tell it to do.

They have nothing to do with viruses, which are a whole different ballgame.

Well said! I run "Spyware Doctor" to remove spyware from my computers. My boys spend a lot of time a sites for kids playing games and such. I run Spyware Doctor on their systems about once a week. There is usually between 1,000 and 1,500 items to be removed. Ya gotta get that junk removed!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spybot Search and Destroy is better than Spy Doctor by a long shot...

Norton Anti virus is well worth the money...

Also downloading Microsoft's latest spywear detectors is worth the time and they don't cost anything...

Ad-aware SE Personal is also a good program and it costs nothing...

When my computer is bogging down, I have to run each of those, but they sure get the viruses and spy ware kicked off....

Midway evidently is loading some spywear also when you log onto their site...

I have gotten the full education on all of this stuff from a friend, that runs a computer business and 90% of his work seems to be removing viruses and spy wear.. and then resetting the customer's computers... He spent 22 yrs in the Navy working on computer systems on Naval Aircraft...so I trust his judgement...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
When I bought my laptop, it came with SpySweeper, and it is as good as it gets for protection and cleaning. i have used Ad Aware and have been very happy with that too. I have never liked Norton Products... they slow my puters down and aren't as effective as they should be.

The kids sure know how to load the PC up with crap!!! It's almost like they know they are doing it!!! Cool

Well, they really aren't debates... more like horse and pony shows... without the pony... just the whores.

1955, Top tax rate, 92%... unemployment, 4%.

"Beware of the Free Market. There are only two ways you can make that work. Either you bring the world's standard of living up to match ours, or lower ours to meet their's. You know which way it will go."
by My Great Grandfather, 1960

Protection for Monsanto is Persecution of Farmers.

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Once you purchase Spy Sweeper or Spyware_Doctor, is that purchase good for the life of the computer, or, do you have to re-subscribe and pay yearly?

Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back to the original topic, I too have problems with midwayusa website loading. More than any other site.

Andy

Pray, Vote, Shoot, Reload.

Posts: 315 | Location: Arlington TX | Registered: 21 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ireload2:
Yep Midway is a slug...
I have Roadrunner cable which is almost instanteous on most sites.
Midway's server must be draggin ass.

^^^ My exact experience. I've started using other vendors just because they're so slow...

ETA: I've just done some experimenting... If you click on whatever you want twice instead of just once, it seems to go a LOT quicker. Just a hint I guess

Posts: 139 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too have DSL and Midway USA is a complete dog when it comes to loading pages.

I have ZERO problems at other websites, and I, like another poster have found that a double click helps speed things up, but it is annoying enough to me that I've begun shopping elsewhere.

Posts: 28 | Location: Wherever I find myself | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
had an issue 2 days ago.. MINUTES between screens...

brownells.. snap snap

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38498 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I've been to their site every other day for almost 2 weeks now at various times....never a problem. I have high speed cable internet. Don't know if that makes a difference, but I have DSL at work and never had a problem there either.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

posted Hide Post
It is Midway! I get on their site a lot and during the day it is no problem. But, in the evenings it often stalls. Tonight I tried to order 5 items. I had the part numbers already. After 30 minutes I only had 2 items in the cart. I gave up. Tomorrow morning it will likely be fine. I called them about it a few times and all they said was that they were experiencing "higher than normal traffic" when I was online. Whatever! I connect while at work and we have a fast dedicated internet line. I never have had any trouble with any other catalog site except for Midway. I just e-mail them everytime I order someplace else because their site was too slow and let them know they lost a sale. Maybe they will eventually get the message and work on the problem.

Posts: 27 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just ordered this morning and it was a dog. I was in a hurry as I was doing it at work, I know, naugty, naughty. It took forever. I opened up another window and did other stuff while I was waiting. No problem with 2nd open window, just Midway.

Fast Ed

Measure your manhood not by success, but by significance.

Posts: 128 | Location: Delafield, Wi. | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Interesting replys. Half seem to think the website performance is fast half think it is slow. In my case it is very responsive but I am sure that the people having issues would like to get a little help. I would be curious if we could get a little more information to help. I am connected with mediacom cable modem and I am not having any issues after I did a spyware sweep of my PC (adaware by lavasoft is a free download) I will watch this forum and try to help if anyone is interested in helping to resolve this issue.

Ozz