New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mixin' powders...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Danged HB, it's a good thing you weren't loading these for hunting deer, or worse yet for hunting deer at ranges beyond 200 yards,(you know the max ETHICAL range), you might have REALLY stirred things up. rotflmo

Mike / Tx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was a croc, right?

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rae59:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by homebrewer:

H-brewer, people like you and I are never through experimenting! You more than I.

rotflmoYou guys are going to have to go a long way even to get close to CLARK! beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mke / Tx:
Danged HB, it's a good thing you weren't loading these for hunting deer, or worse yet for hunting deer at ranges beyond 200 yards,(you know the max ETHICAL range), you might have REALLY stirred things up.

I suspect the bullets would go 200 yards. That they might have impacted with all the force of a mosquito bite is also something to suspect. I'm not a hunter save for the Great North American Ground Squirrel or the Giant Western American Jackrabbit. Both of these species can get quite big-- the squirrel can stand as tall as a large kitchen refrigerator. The jackrabbit can weigh up to 400 pounds. Both of them are very bad-tempered. Shot placement is critical...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
For our were-rabbits we use 20 grain .17's dipped in strontium 90 Big Grin

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see the problem with this recipe of double blended ball powders it's too smooth.

I would recommend the addition of 1 stick of cordite liberated from some WW1 303 British ammo.
Next add 2% blue dot just pick out the blue colored granules.

Like wise just the green dots from some aged green dot powder use the stuff that smells like aspirins it the best.

Don't forget to add 1 drop of diesel oil (all basement bombers love to mix diesel oil to their home brew).

Lastly a pinch of oregano to keep the gun smoke smelling sweet.

Use a long drop funnel and fill up those cases.

An extra tip; when seating the bullets they will go into the cartridge cases easier if you slide a 4 foot length of iron pipe over the press handle, extra leverage you know.
Smiler

Posts: 308 | Location: Durham Region Ont. Canada | Registered: 17 June 2006Reply With Quote