THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    The "pain in the ass" collector is back!!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The "pain in the ass" collector is back!!
 Login/Join

<Paladin>
posted
Be assured: you'll know when you get it. There are some duplicates by now, but most still are not listed. Bear in mind, these are empty cases for the most part.

You might consider passing some duplicates on to your countryman who now wants to start a collection of his own.

Paladin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Paladin.
I shear everything "brotherly" with 358PCAK, that I recieve two of. [Wink]
I'm really looking forward to recieve your package!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<458Wby>
posted
Hello BER007.
I recieved your contribution today. Thank you man!! [Big Grin]
Two 50 AE's, and a 458 Lott. NIIIICE!! [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
i sent a package with a 218 bee and a 6.5 rem mag amoung others. hope you get it soon. it was sent a month or so ago....bud

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Budiceale.
I havent seen anything of your package yet, but...........here we go again: [Razz]
I have once again got a letter from the postal-service here in Norway, they have stopped two packages. There they claim that I need a permision from the local policeoffice to recieve them. [Roll Eyes]
I have spoken to police so they shall once again fax a permision over to them. The issue here is that this has nothing to do with ammunision as long as it's not loaded. The police just shake their heads over the postaloffice, but that dont helps me!!! [Mad]
So, to all of you out there just keep'em coming!! [Wink] As long as I'm sure I'm doing something legal here, It's quite fun to give them a hard time watching over their own "laws"!!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[ 07-04-2002, 16:01: Message edited by: 460wby ]

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<458Wby>
posted
Hi Paladin!!
You where right about that, I will ABSOLUTELY remember your package!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Guys, listen here:
Paladin sendt me a package with 76 (!!!!!!) different cartridge cases!! [Eek!] [Big Grin]
Aint that something?? This expanded my collection with 70-80%!!!! [Eek!] I really dont know what to say here, I'm simply overwelded!!
Thank YOU, Paladin!! [Big Grin]
Please check the list now!!
Paladin, I'm sorry but it's only possible to use 8 smilies at the time. So it was'nt possible to get a smilie with all of yours.
God bless you!!

[ 07-07-2002, 14:18: Message edited by: 458Wby ]

<458Wby>
posted
Hello BUDICEALE.
I got your package yesterday!! NIIICE!!
Thank you very much my friend!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
I'm sorry to tell you that I already had most of the cases you sendt me, already. But that 6,5 Rem Mag. I didnt have. But thank you for your kindness anyway. I can use some of theme to trade with others though. And of course give some of them to my friend, PCAK358. [Big Grin]

Take care!!

<458Wby>
posted
Sorry Paladin.
I almost forgot your 400 COR-BON. [Eek!]

<Paladin>
posted
Glad you liked the odds and ends. I was sad the bullets could not be included, but shipping lead is terribly expensive. As it was, sea mail had to be used.

If you do not have a copy of the book, "Cartridges of the World," you are missing a LOT of fun.

A correction to an entry: the ".351" actually is the ".351 Winchester Self Loading." It was used an an autoloading rifle sold in the United States from 1907 to 1957. I've owned a few and found them heavy as lead and underpowered. Think of them as an autoloading .357 Magnum, more or less.

As to forgetting the .400 CorBon, you'd not forget it after shooting it!!!

Did you ever have any success in asking the gun shops in your area about seeing cartridges which other people may have traded in with guns sold to the shops?

Best Wishes,
Paladin

<458Wby>
posted
Hello again, Paladin.
Of course I have the "Cartridges of the world" 8'th edition. I wonder if it's worth bying the 9'th?? Do you think, or should I rather wait for the 10'th??
I have had some hours reading about some of your contributions, but is'nt half way trought yet!!
About the bullets; I dont doubt it would have been a costly affair to include bullets for all those cases. I'm going to one of the local gunshops tomorrow, and see if I can find some proper bullets for some of them. I belive I'll have some problem getting bullets for some of them, but if I'm patient I belive I'll have it complete some day.
I'm also going to ask the question, you suggested, for them.
As you said about the 400 COR-BON, I truly belive that. Personally I'll never forget the 454 Casull I tried couple of month ago either!! [Wink]

<458Wby>
posted
I was lucky at the gunshop, here the other day.
Came home with 8x60S, 340 Wby, 7x65R!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
And he promised me a 300 RSUM one of the first days. [Big Grin]
Bought some "Slugger" 12GA, for some fun to. But the only "fun" was that my scope (A very cheap Bushnell) said good bye. [Frown]

<458Wby>
posted
Thanks Knut Arild!
For the 35 Newton.(.358x68S)
I belive you .358PCAK know the story about this one?? [Big Grin]
I'll soon come up with a picture of my collection, whitch is getting quite impressive!!
Thank you to everybody that have sendt me donations, so far!!
(It dose'nt mean that I have it all yet, so I'd love to have some more. But of course I understand that not everybody want to do this.)

(I belive you guys are pretty tired of this tread now.) [Roll Eyes] [Mad] [Eek!] [Razz]

<WSJ>
posted
Need a 300 Whisper? I know I've got a couple stuck somewhere in the loading room (and might know where to get more if I can't find one of the ones I've got). -WSJ

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would love to have the Whisper!!
I'll send my adress to you. [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rockhead, my man!!!
Thank you for your contribution to my collection!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Sorry to tell you that I already have the 50 BMG. I also have the 303 British, but only the case.
So I was very pleased to see that you had bullets. The .303 is not "of the shelf" stuff here in Norway. It is a lot Lee Enfield's here in that caliber (I have one), that was dropped here during the ww2. I dont bother to reload for it, because it's not shootable. The barrel is totally rusted!! I dont think this is a very popular cartridge to reload here in Norway.
BUT thanks again, my friend!
(I must testefy: I took the bullet out of one of your 303's, and seated it into a .303 Savage that also was without a bullet. Please forgive me??)

<Eric>
posted
Arild,

Been busy, didn't see this thread again until tonight. You are welcome my friend.

The .45 Colt with the 255 grain SWC is my favorite. Big, bad, enough for the job.

Paladin sent 75? My, my, that boy is busy. [Big Grin]

Regards,

Eric

[ 08-07-2002, 12:50: Message edited by: Eric ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Eric.
Yes!! This is an ongoing success I'll tel ya!!
I've been busy reading in the "Cartridges of the world".
I belive some maybe starting to hate this tread now, but I have to keep the list updated as I promised! [Smile]

<Paladin>
posted
No, not so busy as not too well: I have suffered an illness which lasted over two weeks, during which not much could be accomplished.

Arild, before buying even the 10th edition of Cartridges of the World, browse through a copy. These books are updated to show some of the newer cartridges, but the more common older ones are left to make up the bulk of the book. I suggest you now are ready to spend some money on a copy of the current reprint of Dr. Ken Howell's book on cartridges. By the sea mail/Book Rate, I think the cost will be at least $70.00 U.S. to you.

By way of explanation, this book originally was printed to total 1,000 copies. I am told the recent reprinted edition also is 1,000 copies. It is one of the most valuable basic references available and judging from these numbers, should be considered to be a rare book.

I think some copies can be purchased directly from Dr. Howell, who is quite ill now and probably can use the money. To contect him directly, e-mail:
khowell@qwest.net

Arild, tell us how your valiant struggle against local police disapproval has been going. Have you been able to avoid laughing at them so far???

Paladin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Paladin.
Sorry to hear about your illness, [Frown] but glad to see that you are "up and running again"! [Smile]

I've heard about that Dr. Ken Howell's book.
I havent tried to order anything overseas yet. I'm afraid it's going to be expencive, with the shipping, taxes, and all. But I belive that someday I'll try. I read a lot of US magazines and are opserving a lot of interresting things that I want.

The struggle against the local police is over. But that has'nt really been any problem either. It's the struggle agains the national postal-service and custom service that is the main problem. The local police and I are laughing together. I have a good dialog with them. [Smile]
The problem is that the custom service refers to a law that nobody have heard about, not even the National policedep!! [Roll Eyes]
They havent stopped any more of those packages now, but if they do I just call the local police and they send them a fax. But I belive the people at the customs service in Oslo remembers me now so the probably close their eyes and let it pass. [Cool]

[ 08-09-2002, 11:32: Message edited by: 460wby ]

<Paladin>
posted
...You do realize that by doing what you are doing, you are establishing a legal precedent for a favorable national policy toward the hobby of cartridge collecting, and that by so doing you are creating the foundation for making your gun laws more favorable?

Much of the basis for changing laws and regulations begins with gaining a favorable mindset by various authorities toward what you wish to do. Your work with the local police is exactly that.

Do you plan to carry your activism forward???

Paladin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Arild

I've finished most of the personal things that I had to attend to--I've spent a couple of evenings pulling bullets and primers from cases that I'll be sending to you.

I have about thirty cases for you (not on your list) and about sixty for Peter. I still need to pull the primers from a couple of cases with Berdan primers.

Send me your mailing address so I can send them--I'm going to a gun show this weekend, so maybe I'll find a few more.

Neil

captnmnt@redwing.net

Posts: 238 | Location: earth | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello captnemo.
My god [Eek!]
30 new ones!!!!!
Now I'm really exited! (like cristmas used to be approx. 30 years ago [Wink] )
And I belive this sound like music in .358PCAK's ears too. He have just hurt his knee, and desperatly needs something to keep him bussy when he's sitting there. [Frown]

<458Wby>
posted
Just looking after so my tread's not to far away. I'm waiting (like a BIG kid!!) for a huge shipment from Captnemo. [Big Grin]

<458Wby>
posted
Hi Captnemo, my man!!
Today I finally was rewarded for my running for the mailbox every afternoon!!
Your package has arrived!! No problem at all.
If you suddenly get an angry Norwegian woman on the fone, dont worry, It's probably just my wife.
She has'nt seen much of my face outside my reloading-room since I came home from work today. [Big Grin]
I WAS BUSY!!! [Wink]
Thank you very, very, very much my friend. I'm speakhless!

358PCAK!!
I have something for you!!!! [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Arild

I forgot to mention that the 30 cal sabots were loaded by Remington in 30-30, 30-06, and 308 calibres. They used a tan coloured sabot.

The 223 TIMBS is a wildcat using the sabot in a 30 Mauser or 7.62 Tokarev case (pistols).

the_captn

<458Wby>
posted
Hi again, Captnemo.
Thank you for your information, my friend.
I have one of those Rem. 30-06's w/the tan sabot, you was telling me about. [Wink]

I spoke to .358PCAK yesterday and he was thrilled, then I told him what I had for him (from you). [Big Grin]

Just one question; have you owned all these rifles, and handguns yourself during time???

When I see what you guys can come up with, I'm just about to pack my things, and come over. [Big Grin]
This must be heaven for a guy like me?!
Your help is priceless, guys!! [Eek!]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just one question; have you owned all these rifles, and handguns yourself during time???

I WISH that I had many of these guns. In fact, I have very few of them--I collect cartridges and often end up with many of the same type.

the_captn

<458Wby>
posted
Ok Capt.
Then you are in the "same boat" as I.
It's very nice of you to shear the surplus with others. [Smile]
I'm doing the same.

It's good to know, though, that I was wrong.
I must admit that it took some time before I fell into sleep that night this question popped up in my head. I was about to envy you a LOT that night!! [Wink] [Wink]

Look what I found at a gunshop today!
416 Hoffman. (Headstamped A-square case)
404 Jeffery. (W/O the bullet though.)
50-140 Sharps.
(It's already on the list!) [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
hi, e-mail me when you get the chance. I have some 375 winchester. 33 winchester and a couple of balloon headed internal primed 45/70 cases. Bet you aint got one of those! May have a few other odd cases around. Are you going to put your collection on public display?

Posts: 227 | Location: Bakersfield Ca. USA | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
<458Wby>
posted
Hello Ted.
I dont know exactly what you mean by "public display", but I've promised to put out a picture of my collection here on the forum in a while. [Wink]
My problem is that I'm planning to make me a brand new shelf to keep the collection in, so they are all viewable. The shelf I'm using now is not good enought.(the collection has grown fast [Big Grin] )
Now the hunting-season starts, and goes on into the cristmas. But after cristmas eve, there are some month with boredom. And thats the time I've planning to make a new shelf.
Be patient!! [Wink]

<Canon>
posted
458Wby

You mentioned you seated a 303 British bullet into the 303 Savage. It doesn't matter in this case, cause you won't be shooting it. But, FYI the Savage is .308" and the British is .311"

Could be a real eye opener, should someone actually try shoot this combination. [Eek!]

I can send a few rounds you don't have, in exchange for the address

<458Wby>
posted
Oooops!!!
I guess I'll just have to look up in the "Cartridges of the world" more often. Thanks for the information, Canon!! [Eek!]
But you are right, I'll never intend to fire any of the recieved cases anyway. But, of course i want it to be right though!
But I sure learned something there too, and that's worth something too! [Razz]
My postal adress is on it's way! [Wink]

one of us
Picture of Dino32HR
posted Hide Post
Arild,

You will have a .32 H&R Magnum and a 7mm TCU coming your way shortly. Good luck with your collection. [Big Grin]

Hopefully, the U.S. Mail will get them from my door to yours without too much trouble ! [Eek!]

It would be neat if you could take a picture of your completed collection and post it on this discussion board !

Posts: 243 | Location: Northeast OH | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Any interest in 357 Automag and 44 automag?

let me know how to send them if you want them.

mstarling@earthlink.net

Thanks,

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Everything's not listed is very wanted!!
My goal is to have one of each cartridge in the world. [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Wink]
I know I'll never get there though. [Frown]
I'm not collecting for any money -value, but stricktly for me and my friends to look at when we're sitting and talking in my reloading -room.
I'm not so interrested in different headstamps and so one either.
Just one of each. [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Could you post some photos of your collection? I could use some good wall paper for my computer. I work with people that seem to be a little gun shy if you know what I mean.

Posts: 119 | Location: Ohio - USA | Registered: 28 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll see what I can come up with. I'll have to borrow a digital camera to do it.
But the way the cartridges stand on the shelf at this point is'nt the best. It's many in the dept of the shelf, if you understand what I mean.
I'm thinking of making a new shelf for them, so they all are more vieweble.(standing side by side)
But I dont think I'll have the time to do it before the winter's here. The hunting season is right around the corner now, and then I'll be very bussy you know!! [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello.
I just got an 375/50 BMG (Talbot?) in my mail on monday. I have updated the list but I've left the name on the person who sendt it, at home this morning.
Can you please respond, so I can put the right name behind it.
Looks like a cartridge with potencial. [Cool]
Looks like a huge 17 Rem. [Eek!]

By the way:
Thank a lot!!!! [Smile]

[ 09-12-2002, 06:28: Message edited by: 460wby ]

<MachV>
posted
That shure didnt take long.If there was a 250grain barns bullet with the 375/50bmg aka Mach5 Klaus version,MachV was the donator.Enjoy my friend & keep us posted as this has to be quite a collection by now.
ps Got a 6x223 & 6.5 Gibbs in the works & will send when available=CJ  -

[ 09-13-2002, 23:13: Message edited by: MachV ]

<458Wby>
posted
It sure was, MachV!! [Wink]
You're on the list.
Thanks, man!!! [Big Grin]