New
Find
Notify
Tools

.338 Rem. Ulra mag./Rem.700 Bdl
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This model with sights; is it accurate for hunting;within 1.5 inch {100 yards}.My concern is that particular recoil; I dont mind suffering a couple bruises but it is to be able to shot three shots and be able to continue shooting. I dont think it will be wise putting a scope on it {first try }.

Posts: 439 | Location: Quebec Canada | Registered: 27 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Its more than accurate enough and if you plan on ever shooting over 100yrds or just plain don't have the eyesight put a leupold 1.5X5 scope on it with LOW mounts and never look back. It doesn't kick hard enough to bother anyone who can hold a MAG properly. Just make sure if you use a scope to mount it low so you don't get wacked in the head.-Rob

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Rust>
posted
I suppose that the iron sights are accurate to within 2 moa.

Regarding recoil. Offhand shooting isn't too bad but a long session at the bench for load developement can be very tiresome. With a 300 grain bullet the recoil is about the same as a .378 Weatherby. Still, it makes an interesting target rifle.

Achieving the best accuracy requires a consistant hold from shot to shot. And rifle vary from one to the next as to what hold they like.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have ordered an 338RUM BDL with open sights; the others models as model 700 BDL SS,Sendero,BDL Stainless Synthetic.The accuracy considering the price of these rifles,is there a lot of difference...

Posts: 439 | Location: Quebec Canada | Registered: 27 August 2001Reply With Quote