The Accurate Reloading Forums
.338 Rem. Ulra mag./Rem.700 Bdl

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2511043/m/22910445

26 October 2001, 16:25
rejpelly
.338 Rem. Ulra mag./Rem.700 Bdl
This model with sights; is it accurate for hunting;within 1.5 inch {100 yards}.My concern is that particular recoil; I dont mind suffering a couple bruises but it is to be able to shot three shots and be able to continue shooting. I dont think it will be wise putting a scope on it {first try }.
27 October 2001, 04:15
Robgunbuilder
Its more than accurate enough and if you plan on ever shooting over 100yrds or just plain don't have the eyesight put a leupold 1.5X5 scope on it with LOW mounts and never look back. It doesn't kick hard enough to bother anyone who can hold a MAG properly. Just make sure if you use a scope to mount it low so you don't get wacked in the head.-Rob
29 October 2001, 09:41
<Rust>
I suppose that the iron sights are accurate to within 2 moa.

Regarding recoil. Offhand shooting isn't too bad but a long session at the bench for load developement can be very tiresome. With a 300 grain bullet the recoil is about the same as a .378 Weatherby. Still, it makes an interesting target rifle.

Achieving the best accuracy requires a consistant hold from shot to shot. And rifle vary from one to the next as to what hold they like.

30 October 2001, 16:59
rejpelly
I have ordered an 338RUM BDL with open sights; the others models as model 700 BDL SS,Sendero,BDL Stainless Synthetic.The accuracy considering the price of these rifles,is there a lot of difference...