Find
Notify
Tools

Bombs away or cat's away
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted
I was working a the house of a remote controll airplane builder today .
He and his partner build bombers .
Most are not toys , but BIG scale .
The B 52 they were working on had a wing span of 16' and nose to tail of about 24' and take 2 guys to fly , cost is well into the 6 figures .
It will break down to fit in a 14' trailer.

I ask dose it drop bombs , what kind ?
I was told Yes it will 6 basket ball sized flour bombs .
They hold compations to see how well you can do

I ask if they had ever droped any other type of bomb ?
He stated water bollons were fun in the summer and his sons diapers that had fermented a few days worked great ( no details).

I ask if he had ever droped any live ammo .
( Funny look ) I said a cat in a bag ( cat targets on the wall )

He about pee'ed himself laughing .
He stated he had never thought of that type of bomb , but he would have to try it .

I ask to vidio tape it .

I may get to watch 6 cats get it at 1 time .

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted Hide Post
We will HAVE to have copies of the video'

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Make shure to forward a copy to the cat forum!!!Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Lets see now, B-52, mission, dropping dumb bombs. There use to be Arc-Light mission with 52s, carpet bombing bad guys, was quite a sight I am told. Now large scale model dropping "dumb bombs", I guess this could qualify as a Arc-Crat or Crat-Light(the later with glow sticks).

BOMBS AWAY

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
Give your payloads parachutes, ribbons, bows, skunk oil, and send them to the bunny huggers as a gift from above! We want to see the video!!!

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John, if your thoughtful in the cinematography department I'll cart the video up to the next Sundance Festival. I think it would be a real smash, er, success! thumb I'll even wait to accept the award on your behalf. I KNOW that some of those Hollywood types really hate crats, but until somebody breaks the ice it's hard to come out of the closet. WinkMebbe I'll get moslested. Maybe some of them aren't gay?

I like the Crat-Lite name. I recall some of the old war movies...the bombs whistled on the way down. Our unworthy foes in Nam called the Cobra "Muttering Death"...it always reminded me of a senile Anthony Perkins in the ladies locker room for some reason...anyway, "Pussies Away!" That's my suggestion for a feature name. thumb We need to get somebody to generate a computer caricature of the Duke with silk scarf and leather helmet..and those funky glass goggles too. He's the bombadier. Let Lawndart to the victory roll as it departs into the sunset. I want to be the tail gunner, just to make sure they don't survive the fall. clap

Dan

POTYHC

www.Wagners.MusicToo

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Johnch,

Are there any large, outdoor, swimming pools in your area? A pond full of near nekkid kittyhuggers would be the perfect target.

Or NW Ohio? That's pretty close to Detroit right? You got anything planned for tomorrow evening rotflmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a variation on one of the relatively new shotgun games--Sporting Crats?

But you either got to drop them in pairs or I have to get a pump/auto with extended magazine (or maybe a second shotgun and gunbearer?).

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
When the fun and games final plans are made I will have to put up the rifle and start live traping a few.
Sad days till I have enough .

As for targets , I am just the camera man .
I would like to use a local PETA do gooder's house or car for the target .
But I bet the pilots will want to remain unseen by the public , as they make a fair amount of $$ on the toys , so a open feild will probley be used .
And not all of the public are like minded as we are .

Oh BTW I will post a URL of the vido when I get to shoot it , end of March is the expected compleation date on the B 52

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Call in CSI after the cat is dropped and see if there is any truth to the myth that cats always
land on their feet.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Can they do a high altitude night drop? High shool football game would be a good place to drop them. Lots of spectaters, lighted drop zone, all most everybody in the DZ is wearing a helmet and pads. Could make one very special half-time show too.

Hog Killer

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
Hog Killer I like your idea , they could aim for a tuba.

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Or the BIG BASS DRUM

Hog Killer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Watched Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith for the first time last night (OK, OK, I'm a bit behind the times).

Remember those little robots that came out of the missiles at the beginning and started attacking the fighter ship? Clamped on and started drilling, shredding and mutilated the electrical systems?

Think about it!! Crat bombs. Missile delivery onto Iranian or North Korean aircraft or into radar tracking stations!!! (Except in the case of the NK's, we'd have to be careful we aren't providing aid and comfort to the enemy in the form of pre-packaged live rations.)

And the best thing is, they're all shipped OVER THERE!!! Into the giant crat litterbox!!!!

Quick, someone call the Pentagon!

Oh, yeah. Just remembered the part where Aniken Skywalker defeats Count Dooku in a Jedi battle, by cutting his hands off with his light saber. The Sith master tells Aniken to kill Dooku, which he does. Then, Aniken, in a funk about it, says "He was an unarmed prisoner!" rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Well, it was true.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There goes that Hollywood sense of humor. Making fun of the handicapped... Roll Eyes

Dan

POTYHC

www.NextThingYaKnow.HeMightBeHomePlate

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since the folks in those big litterboxes are mostly Muslim maybe the drop should be done useing piglets. The little oinkers would be crapping all the way down, defiling the landscape and when on the ground those sand-niggers couldn't touch them because of thir screwed up religion! Psyc Warfare! thumb derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote