New
Find
Notify
Tools

Das Kratensplaten Loudenboomer
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My .416 Rigby will arrive in mid May. Stay tuned for pictures, details, and the sound of distant rumbles in the western part of the central part of the Windy State. They're gonna hate me at the Hernando Sportsmen's Club. jump

The neighbors might hate me too after I uncork one on the nearest crat that used-to-exist-but-now-drifts-through-the-air-as-fuzz-and-vapor. This is gonna be FUN! beer

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Bigbore.SmallGamePlinker

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
You may wish to begin building your offhand bench? Tell us about the beast!

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shall reveal only that it is custom built on a mag. Mauser action by a fella that knows which way is up. When I have 9/10ths of the law on my side I shall post ALL the gory details with pics. Smiler It has REAL wood for a stock, how...quaint. roflmao

yes, a stand up bench is in order! Ready on the Left?

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.WhereIs.ThatCrat ?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
I too was planning a purchase of a .416 in the near future, until a certain deal fell in my lap.

I was looking at the CZ's - for $700 bucks or so, it was worth the cost. Now, mebbe in the fall...

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Save your nickels and dimes! You might need to do a little work on the CZ, they have a rep for cracking stocks in that chambering. Mebbe add a cross bolt? Wink

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Success to your work!

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Small arms again eh Danoe?
jump nut roflmao jump

You will get something worth a hill of beans soon I hope.

Razzer Birman
I reverse at My Bowl

Posts: 515 | Location: The fields of Delaware but now Pa too | Registered: 04 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Birman haiku #4

Beau coup big burret
Very smarr brue eye kitty
Finger twitch-very big hore

HA HA! Hory Cat Batman! HA HA!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Albert and Lil Bob are gonna hate you too Dan. I am pretty sure that teir mouths won't allow them to use a straw to suck up that mist! Wink derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
I had a 416 Rigby in a Ruger No. 1. With that rifle I found my recoil limit. Traded for a 458 Win Mag. Much milder. I use it when Krat revenge needs to be delivered with feeling and passion. Hornady 350gr Hollow points will drive an offender part way into the barn wall. Big bores are so satisfying. Share your experiences with us.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I may well find my own limit with this one OEH, but I gotta find out. It's a bit heavier than the No. 1, about 10 pounds as I recall, with glass but no ammo. Mebbe a little more. I think the reason you like the .458 more is the lighter bullets. 500 grains and full load of coal will still thump ya. Anyway, we shall see what we shall see. I'm not terribly concerned in any case, I've popped off a .338 win a few times with no bruises, and some time back I used to pump up the octane on a .50 cal ML with large chunks of lead. 3" 12 ga in an H&R Topper didn't hurt but I couldn't hang onto the forend. Big Grin Didn't care much for it 'cause people at the range looked at me funny after they came out from under the benches. Red Face

Will let you know.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Geez Louise, yah got too love the big bores! Big Grin My current shoulder dislocator is a NEF 45/70 throwing a 405 at about 1850. That little piece is bloody rude when it pukes out a round! Eeker
Now my 50cal Caplock with 120 gr of FFG and a buffalo bukket is much easier to handle and much my fav toy. thumb derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dan, you're in for some good times !!!

I built up a couple of .375's a few years ago and have shot any number of critters with them. It is a frightfully effective round for small game such as crats and squil... Works equally well on 2,000 pound bulls. I can only imagine that the .416 will be more of the same !!!