THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Hunting feral cats with a Coehorn 12pd Mortar
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting feral cats with a Coehorn 12pd Mortar
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sixgun Symphony
posted

Posts: 1254 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi SS!

I must admit I have done that but it is not as fun as you would think. Eeker I remember getting shot through a few things but mostly I remember flying through trees and stuff Mad
Well thanks for the laugh and I hope you have fun if you can find some ready fellows to try it with you. clap
Well off to wet my cute face Wink

I light farts at My Bowl
Birman Razzer

Posts: 515 | Location: The fields of Delaware but now Pa too | Registered: 04 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
I may have to build one of those .

Looks like fun .

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This man is a genius. My hat is tipped to him.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
The brass mortars ring like a bell when fired.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Herro Mr. Sherlock! If brass mortar ring do Birman barrs rattre? You think ring more with cat barrs inside? Pray music? Bet sound rike ganja rap. HA! Numba 10 noise!
HA HA! Put silver berr corrar on Birman-san. Pray horiday music when shoot Birman-san. It go

Sirver berr!
Sirver berr!
Rittre pussy frying to Herr!
Tingre Ring!
Tingre Ring!
Soon it wirr be dinner time!

HA HA! Dragon Lady make song!

one of us
posted Hide Post
N.S.- That Coehorn mortar brings back memories, don't it? Again, thanks for introducing me to the joys of blackpowder artillery.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi DL. If birman barrs could be heard, they probably tinkle rike rittle berrs. For 120, glad you had a bit of fun. n-ssa.org

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
We need a "Certification of Exotic Crat Whacking Technology".

A little something that students of the Accurate Reloading School of Vermin Eradication can hang on the wall over the computer and include in thier resume when applying for the better job positions.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Paula Nacy Millstone Jennings Certificate of Fundamental Underhanded Belittling of Underhanded Rascals

There. You do the artwork. I suggest you use a picture of Birman weeping after he lept upon the Maimed Quair Nymph...I heard Dragon Lady struck a smidgen too soon, and as he was stradling the tippet and facing away from her Highness...she snatched his balls off...

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.WouldaMadeMe.CryToo

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
I'm not qualified to write the worst poetry in the universe and would rather not have said poetry included on my resume.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

One of Us
Picture of Clifton Clowers
posted Hide Post
Sufferin' catfish! This man deserves a Nobel Prize at the very least. This is a sick, twisted, and devious genius mind at work and we should all aspire to this same performance.

Armed men are citizens. Unarmed men are subjects. Disarmed men are serfs.

Posts: 74 | Location: Wolverton Mountain | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't feel bad, My Bulwer-Lytton styling isn't appreciated either!

One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bulwer-Lytton

I'd forgotten about those. My daughter finds them highly amusing.

Paula Nacy Millstone Jennings, for those that don't know, is the real life English poet refered to in The Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy as the worst poet in the universe.
Because of legal restraints her name was given as Paul Neil Milne Johnstone in the book.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Right.

"Don't Panic!"

My towel is grey-green in color, obtw.

One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 120mm:
Right.

"Don't Panic!"

My towel is grey-green in color, obtw.

That would be a good traveling color. Won't show universal grime as bad as those light colored towels. Those dark matter stains are hard to get out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might be fun, but this site is dedicated to accuracy, and hunting crats with a mortar is not very acurate. I'd say load up a cannon with some canister shot and let 'er go. Might as well get em all.

There is nothing that cannot be accomplished with brute force and ignorance

Posts: 145 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about a mortar with shell? Cutting the fuse to the correct length would be a matter of some experimentation, but I would be willing to do the footwork....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hugh, I'm thinking that maybe you never had mortars lobbed your way before? Confused Tellin' ya true, give an experienced gunner a mortar tube and there are few things more accurate. In the case of the 120mm mortar, well, there's a lot of boom too. Eeker

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.WalkingThruThe.FlightLine

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 107 | Location: Wet side | Registered: 19 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hughjass:
I'd say load up a cannon with some canister shot and let 'er go. Might as well get em all.

That was a different thread!! Big Grin derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
give an experienced gunner a mortar tube and there are few things more accurate.

Ya think. Frowner

Hide inna alley,and 'Tubeboy' can still drop one down yer shirtcollar. Mad

I wonder what twelve pounds of crats would feel like dropped down yer shirt?

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Soak 'em in diesel fuel, and they'll be on fire when they do.

Now THAT has to hurt.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ahhhhhhhh…. Dlagon Rady….. Smiler You must know by now that I have “barrs of ilon†Eeker.
They are not the most stealthy of accessories but suit me just fine thank you Wink. I rook folold to speaking soon my fine looking woman. Remember…. Two steps back gunsmile.
I study Asian at MY Bowr
Birman Razzer

Posts: 515 | Location: The fields of Delaware but now Pa too | Registered: 04 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dragon Lady think Birman read 'Hooked on Phonics' upside down. Turn book around sirry rittre pussy! Big Grin Tarking rike dog.

one of us
posted Hide Post
... _ _ _ ... ... _ _ _ ... lol

I send code at MY Bowr
Birman Razzer

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sit a victim of bad vocabulary Frowner. I guess that should read..." I be da victim" moon

I read a thesaurus at MY Bowl
Birman
Razzer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Birman-san, you numba 10 pussy. Everybody terr you this arr time, never listen. You have thesaurus right side up this time? Maybe not. Li hear you sound rike brudda. Sound better when ganja cat.

He read thesaurus
Never knowing what word mean
Still piddre in bowr.

Li try again.

Great Phirosopher
See cat try to be a man
He think over then POTKB.

HA HA! Big Grin Birman Haiku-

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ahhhhhhhhhh So Dlagon Rady....
In the words of a fine men-tore

"Fuck! This Fucking Fuckers Fucked" beer rotflmo sofa

I await execution at My Bowl
Birman Razzer

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Yes you are.

Buhb-Bye,Buhb-Bye.*

*Flight-Attendent Speak.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
Sigh.

I keep telling you guys, you don't shoot AT them...

thumb

HTRN

Posts: 261 | Location: In my Subterranean lair, okay, I admit it, it's a basement | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi-Tech, that is such a dear photo...ya ever think about one of those family portraits? Smiler

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.BoilBoil.ToilAndTrouble

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah HTRN. With a friction primer and lanyard in yer hand! Use a fast camera and get the cat launch, smoke cloud and your grin all in one shot.

One of Us
Picture of panzerguy
posted Hide Post
Hi guys! I just found this "small game forum" Wink and I have to say that is NOT what I thought it would be. Having said that, while mortars are nice, don't you think that launching a cat with or shooting at cats with one of these would be cooler than a Coehorn mortar?

http://www.buckstix.com/howitzer.htm

Posts: 278 | Location: Wherever I park my tank | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Been there, done that. Welcome. We do small game stuff too. We pretty much mastered that though. Still working on the cats.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello the forum. Guess what our troll was posting a while back? N.S. Sherlock

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
BUSTED!!! I thought something looked a bit fishy. shame troll

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Uh oh. Someone stepped in it... Where's PT with a picture when you need him.

Maybe someone hasn't been guarding their password...??? Maybe they got hitched to a PETA chick, furry legs and all, and needed to impress her??? Come on man, snap out of it!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Mr. Sixpak was fishin' for hits the other day.

I hope he liked em. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Sixgun Symphony
posted Hide Post
Varmit shooting is fine. Lots of feral cats need to be put down.

Just make it a clean kill.

Posts: 1254 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With Quote