One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted Hide Post
quote:
Am staying tuned....time for some George and Ginger. Wink

Dan

POTYHC

www.WhatDoYaDoWithA.DrunkenSailor?

Great news Dan! beer I think I'll grab a cold one and join ya.

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
damm that's good news!!!!! think LI'll wander off to the fridge and get a cold one.
Bob
The bonfire thing must hve worked.

Posts: 107 | Location: Wet side | Registered: 19 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
thumb,,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jumping thumb

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool. Than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Posts: 75 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 02 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Smiler

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
Great news on the non malignant, and even better on it being between tissue layers.

Here:

(I'm not much for sentiment, but you get the idea)
============================================

A Dream

In visions of the dark night
I have dreamed of joy departed-
But a waking dream of life and light
Hath left me broken-hearted.

Ah! what is not a dream by day
To him whose eyes are cast
On things around him with a ray
Turned back upon the past?

That holy dream- that holy dream,
While all the world were chiding,
Hath cheered me as a lovely beam
A lonely spirit guiding.

What though that light, thro' storm and night,
So trembled from afar-
What could there be more purely bright
In Truth's day-star?

--- Edgar Allen Poe

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well there is no better way to start the day than with a cup of Poe. Wink

Dan

POTYHC

www.ClearSkiesSoutheasterlyBreeze.FiftyFiveFarenheit

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ben589:
============================================

A Dream

In visions of the dark night
I have dreamed of joy departed-
But a waking dream of life and light
Hath left me broken-hearted.

Ah! what is not a dream by day
To him whose eyes are cast
On things around him with a ray
Turned back upon the past?

That holy dream- that holy dream,
While all the world were chiding,
Hath cheered me as a lovely beam
A lonely spirit guiding.

What though that light, thro' storm and night,
So trembled from afar-
What could there be more purely bright
In Truth's day-star?

--- Edgar Allen Poe

Wow! I feel bad Dan. All I could come up with was that I'd have a beer for ya. homer

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great news!! thumb

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
DDan,

I've been so distracted lately I almost missed this but I didn't feel a disturbance in the force so I'm sure this will come out OK.

I've had 7 eye surgeries in the last 7 years and can say that they're scary but the science of it all is quite advanced and all mine came out just fine.

You (and your surgeon) are in our prayers. Please keep us informed.

Hey... Come see me when you can!

Take Care,
$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob...I'm surprised you didn't feel that jiggle in the Force today. Did something beyond my wildest imagination. Red Face

Went in for the CT scan about 4 PM, laying on the table, IV in my right arm, the girl said it was for the Iodine...something about contrast. Confused They took one series of images, then a second with my head tilted back. Then they gave me the iodine and began the 3rd series. God is my witness, I TRIED to get their attention...waving my free arm, and trying not to move my head...they'd been real specific about not moving my head. thumb Well, about 30 seconds of that was all I could handle, rolled to the left, slamed my noggin into the ring with all the fancy stuff in it, and blew lunch all over it. Then on the floor when they got me out of the ring thingy. Then I filled a bucket while one of them got the IV out.

Snot and puke all over the place, all over me...they told me that sometimes that happens. Just to guys. Rarely. bull

Well, I got sorta cleaned up, went back in the thing and finished the series. Saw the pics afterwards, even the one where I broke station. Funny lookin' thing...left half of my brain and eye all proper, the right side all whirled and swirled. Never realized that barfin' was a right brain function. Confused

So much for first impressions. Roll Eyes

BTW, it has been scientifically proven that I have a brain. I've got the pictures in my safe just in case. Wink

Dan

POTYHC

www.NeverHadA.GirlHoldTheBucketBefore

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
What! No electronic implant of a blue laser rangefinder!!! You'll just have to aim at crats the old fashioned way, with both eyes. Good to hear that you have gotten good news.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
www.NeverHadAGirlHoldTheBucket

bewildered

Some of us have to go downtown and pay cash for that kinda action.

Or so I've heard. Roll Eyes

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No electronic implant of a blue laser rangefinder!!!

The jury is still out on that. Eeker I certainly hope not in any case. Smiler As an alternative I've considered a small movie projector that will play on my white eye patch. thumb Computer generated videos of liberals being eviscerated, hung, or drowned near Chappaquidik animal (Why would a dick drown somebody near a place with dik in its name? Confused ). Something like that. bewildered Haven't consulted yet with Mrs. Dan,...the question of romantic movies...for, well, you know. Somehow I doubt she'll sign off on anything starring Linda Lovelace. Frowner shame I could win the war in Iraq with that one though. Turn Imams into stone. yankees

Dan

PTOYHC

www.ImSuffering.TerminalBoredom