THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Re: My .375H&H is Coming Home!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: My .375H&H is Coming Home!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Quote:

It has been tuned up by the gunsmith. Just in time too, there is a LARGE woodchuck moved in under my porch.

Now, what grain bullet should I use?

My choices are:

260 grain BT
270 grain HP
380 grain FMJ

Do you have ANY idea how much case space you're eating up with those damn 380-grainers?????????????????????

If you want a heavy bullet that will pretty much work on EVERYTHING ON THE PLANET, go get some of Mike Brady's 300-grain North Fork bullets. You don't need the 300s for plains game, but they'll handle the mean and nasty stuff and STILL work on plains game. As I always say, shot placement is everything.

I'll throw a gun case in the Durango when I leave for work in a few minutes and pick up your rifle at Tom's after he and I get off work today. It'll be kind of late to get it to the post office at that point, so I'll try to get it out tomorrow.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Do you have ANY idea how much case space you're eating up with those damn 380-grainers?????????????????????

If you want a heavy bullet that will pretty much work on EVERYTHING ON THE PLANET, go get some of Mike Brady's 300-grain North Fork bullets. You don't need the 300s for plains game, but they'll handle the mean and nasty stuff and STILL work on plains game. As I always say, shot placement is everything.

Russ

Russ,

It's a really big woodchuck, what can I say? Besides, the Rhino's were free. You know you can always send me some of those North Fork loads to try out too.

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote