DigitalDan
Re: My .375H&H is Coming Home!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!
30 July 2004, 16:02
Aspen Hill Adventures

31 July 2004, 01:51
Russell E. Taylor
Quote:

It has been tuned up by the gunsmith. Just in time too, there is a LARGE woodchuck moved in under my porch.

Now, what grain bullet should I use?

My choices are:

260 grain BT
270 grain HP
380 grain FMJ

Do you have ANY idea how much case space you're eating up with those damn 380-grainers?????????????????????

If you want a heavy bullet that will pretty much work on EVERYTHING ON THE PLANET, go get some of Mike Brady's 300-grain North Fork bullets. You don't need the 300s for plains game, but they'll handle the mean and nasty stuff and STILL work on plains game. As I always say, shot placement is everything.

I'll throw a gun case in the Durango when I leave for work in a few minutes and pick up your rifle at Tom's after he and I get off work today. It'll be kind of late to get it to the post office at that point, so I'll try to get it out tomorrow.

Russ
31 July 2004, 02:00
Aspen Hill Adventures
Quote:

Do you have ANY idea how much case space you're eating up with those damn 380-grainers?????????????????????

If you want a heavy bullet that will pretty much work on EVERYTHING ON THE PLANET, go get some of Mike Brady's 300-grain North Fork bullets. You don't need the 300s for plains game, but they'll handle the mean and nasty stuff and STILL work on plains game. As I always say, shot placement is everything.

Russ

Russ,

It's a really big woodchuck, what can I say? Besides, the Rhino's were free. You know you can always send me some of those North Fork loads to try out too.