Find
Notify
Tools

Convertible cat
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted
Driving down the freeway behind a VW convertible trying to mind my own business. There are two kids in the VW who are making faces at me while leaning on the folded down convertible top. Not a very safe practice I thought. They are frustrated because I am ignoring them. One of the pops up with their cat in his hands and is showing it to me. The cat is not happy and is trying to get out of the kids hands. Before I can react the enevitable happens and the cat comes flying through the air and impacts my windshield. I jam on the brakes and hope the cat will hop off and run away. No such luck. The cat is dazed and tangled up in my windshield wipers. The VW has stopped and I am surrounded my crying screaming kids and noisey parents. The man tries to get the cat off my windshield but now the cat has regained composure and doesn't want anyone to touch it. It is frothing blood at the mouth and clawing everything. The guy is a wimp and I tell him to get the f***ing cat off my truck. His wife tries to free the cat and gets severly clawed for her efforts. I reach into my truck and pull out the bayonet I just bought for a Ross rifle. This elicits even more screams but I don't care. I impale the cat and hold it out for the parents to take now that it is motionless. The kids are freaking out. No one steps forward to claim the cat so I flick it into the bushes along the freeway. As I drive off the family is still standing there in a state of commotion. All this for some stinking cat.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OEH.

Sounds like an extreme case of attempted assault and cratery, you were only defending your self and property.
l'd get those crat lovers charged if l were you. 4 charges of agrovated assault and 1 case of leaving the scene of the crime for the crat.

Dave.

Posts: 386 | Location: Displaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why did you stop? Was your vision impaired?

There is nothing that cannot be accomplished with brute force and ignorance

Posts: 145 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
My questions on the Ross bayonet are finally answered. Thanks OEH.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Dang,,,I think i'm living on the wrong coast,,,been flashed some young titties while driving in the wee hours of the morning thumbBut never any kitties tossed to me bawlingClay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had to brake since I didn't know if the kids
were coming out of the VW also. Also the cat
screwed up my windshield wipers and I couldn't
get the blood wiped off. Don't worry, I made sure I wiped off the bayonet to keep it from rusting. Must take care of the important things first. I later pulled into a gas station that also had a car wash. The attendant asked where the blood came from and I told him. He must not have been a cat lover because he smiled and gave me a free car wash coupon.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
CoolClay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about an adapter to allow a knife to be attached to the wiper arms. For future reference, and as a conversation piece next time you get pulled for speeding? Confused Could add a twist to the Eddie Rabbit song...

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.DrivinMy.LifeAway

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope you cleaned the bayonet off well, crat blood is quite corrosive

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Cat Doctor
posted Hide Post
That is great!!!!!!!! I never thought of keeping a bayonet in my truck but I will have one by the weekend!!!!!!

Married men live longer than single men do,

but married men are a lot more willing to die.

Posts: 165 | Location: missouri | Registered: 18 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm bayonet shopping what type of steel will resist corrosion best?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cat Doctor,

Stainless works best, but quickly wiping off the bayonet is also good. I wax mine and that seems to help. I keep the red colored shop rags in my truck. The blood is not so obvious on them. Tell you the truth, I don't like to poke cats much, the claws can be a problem. Besides, who wants to dull a knife on something so worthless as a crat.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I keep A 24" machete in my truck,,,I learned from the mexicans,,,It's a pretty handy thing to keep around,,,,A big plus for them is there's no moving parts,mixing of gas and oil,or pull cords to rip out,,,,Clay www.chopchop.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by claybuster:
I keep A 24" machete in my truck,,,I learned from the mexicans,,,It's a pretty handy thing to keep around,,,,A big plus for them is there's no moving parts,mixing of gas and oil,or pull cords to rip out,,,,Clay www.chopchop.com

I am definitely not a cat lover and have shot a few with my Gamo air rifle, but you guys should know that killing a pet deliberately can result in a felony conviction in some states. It happened to a guy in Denver.

I get just as tired of barking dogs. I often feel like tossing them a steak laced with a little something, but if you get caught, you are in big trouble.

I for one don't want to lose my right to own guns, which of course will happen if you are convicted of a felony.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yea here in Canuckistan we have to say it was destroying property,harrasing domestic animals or was in a pack wich to my way of thinking means wait until its in your yard or dont get caught.

HAVE FAITH IN GOD.

Posts: 206 | Location: Alberta ,Can | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
AZ,,,I roam over 700 acres of ground,,,,5-6 days a week,sometimes all of it in a day,,Dont even ask on sunday,,,it's not gonna happen.Anyway,,The machete fits the bill in particular situations,,Clearing a path through formidiable,low/no maintenence areas,,,to "cleaning up" things.And I don't live to waste everyones pet,,,Just keep'em on your own turf,,One day I was standing outside of the shop,,,and there was a horse fully saddled and bridled,,running through the nieghbors field like it was in the kentucky derby,but no rider,,jumped the drain ditch and landed squarely in the middle of a fairly busy state highway.Well,,,there was some screeching of tires that sent that horse at an even faster run towards the center of town,As I was watching in amasement,,,A pickup truck rolled in and the driver asked if I had happened to see a horse go by,,Had a rather red faced girl riding with him.Apparently she figured that she was on her horse in the"country" and could go on any field she desired,Run the horse into an electric fence the neighbor had set up to pasture his dry cows,,,and got thrown,,and lived to tell about it,,meanwhile that horse was off to the races.Like I said,,Keep'em on your own turf,,cats,dogs,cows,chickens,horses,whatever,Clay

one of us
posted Hide Post
Clay:

Don't buy any unfenced land in Colorado. Open range laws means a cow can walk on your property and you can't do anything about it. Don't like it? Put a fence up.

But don't get me wrong. I HATE the cats that make their home on my place. I am tired of cat hair on my patio set, cat urine smell, flower garden dug up, etc.

I used to shoot them with my Gamo, but lately I trap them with a HavaHart and then give them a 1cent case of lead poisoning - a pellet in the back of the head.

I know a guide who will take any cat you live trap - puts lion piss on them to train his hounds.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know a guy that uses them to train gators. He claims to be working on "open wide" and "slam 'em shut" at the moment.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.WorksWith.CoonsToo

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lions and Crats smell the same to a hound, you don't have to put lion piss on them. Sides when them hounds start to yodeling the crat will piss itself. Trust me on this, I have a good friend you is currently training a Redbone and a B&T! Big Grin derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
AZ,,It's not on my itinerary,,,Too far from the ocean WinkThe cat thing sounds like a jolly good time Big GrinClay

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The whole felony charge for killing cats just goes to show that the goverment, courts, and animal rights activist have gone too far. If the animal is on my property and there are no seasons dictated by the conservation department they are fair game I'll give them a perscription for 17 grains of v-max.....

I have been thinking of joining peta!!!! I was told that it stand for People Eating Tasty Animals. can anyone confirm? HAHAHAHAHA

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Gator Man, are you the fellow that trained extra-big Bob to retrieve water buffaloes and crats down in the windy state?

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A couple of our more zealous members have gone to PETA sites to "encourage" the masses and have gotten banned pretty quick. Those "PETA Puta's" just will not see the truth! Big Grin derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
retrieve water buffaloes

eek2

Don't know about buff, but the next lizard I adopt will be named Slither'n Fetchit. Wink

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.DontWannaLiveWith.NoBuffRetriever