THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TROPHY ROOM FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Trophy Room Pictures    My New Man Cave - so far. Completed
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My New Man Cave - so far. Completed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ok Guys,

Along with the shifting of houses, internet and phone line woes I have had to create a new "shed".

It's not completed yet and will be on the go for another 6 months, probably longer, to get finished.

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I like your construction plan. Add some wall, add some mounts.

I'd love a close up of those hog deer!

Neat.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Wow, nice "shed". My shed is just filled with boxes of junk.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
Mark, that is one superb trophy room.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys,

It's at a bit of a 'go slow' at the moment. May get some more done over xmas.

safari-lawyer,

Sorry I only have digital pics of the last one at the moment.

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just duck out before work and took a pic of the first Hoggie I shot.

Cheers,
Mark.

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark R:

One of my favorite animals. Neat! Thanks for posting.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks good so far....didn't see any heat or AC ducts. Is there any plumbing for a man cave urinal?.....just asking.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there any plumbing for a man cave urinal?

There's a window that opens, right? You need more???

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah,

Just picked up a secondhand air con last weekend. Now my son has to install it.....

A heater is on the cards too, a wood heater..

It's summer here at the moment but you wouldn't know it. Temps around 20-25 degrees celcius - should be around 35-40 by now.

Cheers,
Mark.
As a side note we have been in drought for 12-14 years and have just had our wettest year on record, where are the climate changers now Roll Eyes

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:
Is there any plumbing for a man cave urinal?

There's a window that opens, right? You need more???

my builder wanted to put a urinal off of my trophy room; I had a better idea: make it a reloading room. Good decision.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of joedjr
posted Hide Post
Mark R....Any updates on the trophy room you can share, do you have any updated pictures.

Posts: 310 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 24 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Great looking room!!!

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only this one.I have done some more lining boards to the other end but can't finish it until my heater turns up (hopefully this week)and gets fitted.

Off chasing fallow deer this weekend, lets see if I can add something new to the room.....

Cheers,
Mark.

One of Us
Picture of ragsxd
posted Hide Post
great mounts.great idea

Posts: 53 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 29 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Awesome idea. I will be using what I have learned from what you are doing for myself down the road. Great mounts, great idea. Congrats.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine is going to be on a smaller scale, but I am getting some great ideas from watching yours come along.

thanks,

Rich
Sua Sponte

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,

Glad it's been worthwhile posting..... My first effort was along very similar lines just smaller. I'll try and find a pic.....

Cheers,
Mark.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Very nice Mark. I had similar ideas with my shed but for various reasons I had to down size the shed.My trophy room/Bar is now in the house.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I believe that any man could live in a metal building. That is my dream - a big metal building with all my mounts, workshop, vehicles, etc. A multi-purpose"Man Building"

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3045 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
These are pretty popular nowdays, metal sheds/barns/workshops with comfortable apartments at one end. Very practical, relatively inexpensive, but hard to convince some women of.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So finally. Four years after I started and being away from the home for 18months in the mean time it is finally done. Have to say I'm really happy. Still a cape buff, a couple impala and my best Aussie buffalo to date to be added. I'm sure there will be others but these are on the go at the moment.

Cheers,
Mark.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HuntNBgame
posted Hide Post
Looks Good, I like the tin roof you added.

Posts: 131 | Location: East Coast,USA | Registered: 04 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good looking room..I am sure that you will spend many hours in there with great memories..well done... beer

Posts: 282 | Location: TALLAHASSEE,FL | Registered: 08 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Comfortable looking room!!!
Congratulations tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The new water buffalo mount is home and it looks great, I think.

Cheers,
Mark.

One of Us
Picture of JohnWKiely
posted Hide Post
Lovely Mark. Those three go well together.

Posts: 75 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 29 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like it

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
MarkR,

It would seem you might need to pop across to Zambia to smack a buff for your wall?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9870 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You mean one of these.....

Would love an upgrade though Smiler

Cheers,
Mark.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, so my cape buff and a couple of impala along with a porcupine are all finally home thanks to Jan Dumon (Shumba Safaris) off here for the hunt

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Very nice mate

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that a "Nucor" type framing or is that another name brand? How did that compare to wood framing? Looks nice!!

Posts: 98 | Location: N.MI to NE,IN | Registered: 02 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beaverfever:
Is that a "Nucor" type framing or is that another name brand? How did that compare to wood framing? Looks nice!!

Not sure which pic you are talking about for the framing, shed or dividing wall??

Cheers,
Mark.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
Love the porcupine - who did the taxidermy ?

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The porcupine was done in South Africa as they need to be dealt with asap. Mario from melbourne Taxidermy did the buff and one impala and a mate, blacks from here, did the other impala.

Cheers,
Mark.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I apologize, I was referring to the exterior framing of the shed.

Posts: 98 | Location: N.MI to NE,IN | Registered: 02 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Love that banteng

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Some very fine taxidermy you have there. Great man cave.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9870 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote