Find
Notify
Tools

PROFESSIONAL TROPHY ROOM HELP
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted
Gents, I have a friend who lives near Annapolis and he is looking for an outfit who specializes in trophy room mounting help (for lack of a better term). He has a gorgeous 370 plus elk that needs to go up over his stone fireplace and it's just too much for himself and his friend to mount. I suggested he rented some scaffolding, but it might be just as easy to hire an outfit that does this. Any ideas?

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jorge:

Have him go on taskrabbit.com; they have some pretty skilled handymen. I had that issue when I placed my moose above the fireplace in my TR; even with detachable antlers, it was a beast of a job getting it up there - elk are a piece of cake compared to a moose.

BTW, I highly recommend using detachable antlers for big stuff like elk, moose, caribou, kudu, etc. - makes it a lot easier to get on the wall.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW, I highly recommend using detachable antlers for big stuff like elk, moose, caribou, kudu, etc. - makes it a lot easier to get on the wall.

Agreed, can also save a ton on shipping expenses.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys. We do have detachable antlers on our elk and it did make it much easier when I put mine up. I've passed my friend the info about taskrabbit. Thanks again! J

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would find a reputable stone mason.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote