Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Room with new Tusks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted
Here are a few pics of my "Man Room" (sorry lady hunters). Just got the Ivory back a couple of weeks ago. Have 28 animals remaining at the taxidermy including 2 Leopard, 3 Buffalo, and 1 Lioness. Hope they will all fit!

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's a very nice room. Congratulations.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
dream place.welldone

ur 3 greatest hunts r, ur 1st,ur last,and ur next!!!!

Posts: 254 | Registered: 19 September 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Is that a Tiger skin?

Posts: 1 | Location: new zealand | Registered: 03 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikemike:
Is that a Tiger skin?

Yes. It's the only thing in my room allowed that I didn't take. My wife bought it many years ago in an estate auction. It's old and ratty. Must be nearly 100 years old.

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Todd:

Great display. Tusks are superb.

Two thoughts.

One, 28 more mounts will NOT fit. Better add on.

Two, natural light from those big windows is beautiful, BUT it will quickly ruin two of your finest prizes (lion and brown bear) if you allow them to sit there for any length of time. Get some blinds.

Otherwise, really nice room.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Blinds are probably not necessary. Could you not just add a lightly tinted UV film to the windows?

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Definitely get something to block the UV rays; window tint, blinds, or both. An excellent looking room though and it looks like you've been quite blessed ... lions, rhino, elephant, leopards. Cool

I'll agree with Will too, looks like time for an addition to the house!

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brother, I plan to add a couple of long tusks as soon as I take a really good one. Make a geat entrance to 'trophy room'.

Like the yellow to accentuate your trophies.

Room needs to be bigger. Duh! You know that. Heck, I know that for mine.

Congrats on some really nice trophies.

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very Impressiv!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the nice comments.

By the way, the windows do have a "Low UV" film but blinds are not out of the question. Actually, with the positioning of the house, we only get direct light through those windows for about 1 hour just after daylight in the early morning. But, point well taken!

There are a few areas of the room not in view in these pics but I hear ya about adding on. Right now I'm more focused on spending the coin on hunts and pushing the taxidermy out over time.

Again, thanks for the nice comments. I always enjoy seeing other hunters trophy rooms as well.

One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
Beautiful room!

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
Hey Todd. Great room. Welcome aboard.

Roger Cox

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are a few areas of the room not in view in these pics but I hear ya about adding on. Right now I'm more focused on spending the coin on hunts and pushing the taxidermy out over time.

That happened to an acquaintance of mine. He finally built a trophy room when he wasn't able to get into the garage (literally!) because of all the taxidermy.

It was a little cramped to say the least ... Cool

I look forward to seeing your trophy room grow, Todd!

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Man, can you just imagine the amount of hunting necessary to fill a room like that! What a life.

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Great lookin' room!
Thanks for sharing with us Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Game Hunter
posted Hide Post
Nice room.

Keith O'Neal
Trophy Collectors Consultants
Po Box 3908
Oxford, AL. 36203
256-310-4424
TCChunts@gmail.com

All of your desires can be found on the other side of your fears.

Posts: 490 | Location: Oxford, AL. | Registered: 24 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vandyboy
posted Hide Post
Awesome looking room.

Posts: 111 | Location: Jackson, MI USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Just a little update on my trophy room. Picked up the sable and zebra this afternoon. Hung the sable and moved the gemsbok over to match. Ultimate goal is to have a 90 degree mounted roan opposite the sable, but for now, this will have to do.

Next up is the big leopard I took in 2011 that was the subject of my first post here on AR.

Cheers!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Looking back over this thread just now, I realized I hadn't updated it with my first leopard either. So here it is, standing over a steenbok. Enjoy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The whole clutter thing is starting to get to me as well. We have some land in Colorado and may build something there, in which case I will export a lot stuff up there. My TR is at the end of a long hallway; you enter through French doors. To the right of the doors you step down into the garage and laundry room; that space is pretty tall, so I put my last elk there. I may start hanging stuff in the garage.

When I had a house in MN I had most of my stuff there.

I do like your idea of a zebra skin on the wall with mounts on top of it. I have two z skins in my TR; one is in front of my lion; it has a really nice buff skull on it. The other one is under the coffee table between two opposing sofas. I have two more in the garage.

I may also put some stuff in my daughter's guest bedroom; she works for my software company so I visit her several times per year.

Twenty years ago acquiring mounts was an obsession. I am over that right now but enjoy my TR immensely.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweet setup, Todd!

Posts: 661 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd - well done on your "MAN CAVE".

Where on earth did you get that nasty toothed bad from??

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AR MAN:
Todd - well done on your "MAN CAVE".

Where on earth did you get that nasty toothed bad from??

The bat? LOL. Yea, just a little something my wife hung on that buffalo for halloween. Took those original pictures around that timeframe and didn't even notice it until someone called my attention to it later. I actually hate it when she does those sorts of things with my trophies, but then again, she actually likes them in the house so I don't object too strongly ... not out loud anyway.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
GREAT TROPHIES AND WELL PRESENTED...I do think that 28 more will force you to enlarge,but look what you have storied in your memory box... beer

Posts: 282 | Location: TALLAHASSEE,FL | Registered: 08 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCOOK:
GREAT TROPHIES AND WELL PRESENTED...I do think that 28 more will force you to enlarge,but look what you have storied in your memory box... beer

I'm loosing ground right now. I've picked up 5 of those 28 but have added a few more. Definitely looking at building a new room. More hunting to do first however! Slowed the rate of taxidermy completion for awhile due to changing artist. Should be picking up steam again now.

Again, thanks for the nice replies folks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understand I have some hunting to do ... Cool

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Start doing euro mounts Todd
It'll save you ton of room
Great trophy cave BTW

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really nice, Good Job!

"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it". Fred Bear

Posts: 444 | Location: WA. State | Registered: 06 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Stonework/masonry is both excellent and classic TX and you also utilized the skins vertically very nicely.
I see you also put in curtains to cut the sunlight which are trophy killers.. Good job.
I'd get rid of that Spanish Moss hanging above windows. Your roo. Is too nice for that touch.
Youth trophy's are very nicely arranged and spaced.

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ragsxd
posted Hide Post
awesome rooms and mounts

Posts: 53 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 29 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
My favorite was the pygmie giraffe full body mount in the 4th pic in the original post.

Big Grin

nice trophies

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great room! Love the yellow walls. Do you know the name of the color?

Ski+3

Posts: 859 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SkiBumplus3:
Great room! Love the yellow walls. Do you know the name of the color?

Ski+3

I'll check for you when I get home later this week. Sherwin Williams brand, something "Gold". I was doing some touch ups last night and noticed this much. I'll get back to you. The yellow is a bit brighter in these photos than in real life. The latter photo of the Zebra is closer to the way it actually looks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! My room needs a new paint job and I like how the color makes the animals "pop" off the wall.

Ski+3

Posts: 859 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very Nice

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed Todd, but you are running out of space! (throw ME in THAT briar patch! Smiler ). What are the height dimensions, apex, up to the first roof line, etc. We're looking to expand as I am out of room (in my much smaller trophy room)..

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Very nice indeed Todd, but you are running out of space! (throw ME in THAT briar patch! Smiler ). What are the height dimensions, apex, up to the first roof line, etc. We're looking to expand as I am out of room (in my much smaller trophy room)..

Jorge,

First roof line is 13', very top is 16'. Yep, definitely running out of room, more so of floor space for pedestal or life sized mounts than wall space as I still have a bit of room to move what's already on the walls, and there are a couple of spots, ie. the area behind the bar which is not shown, each side of the fireplace, and the wall where the moose antlers are, that's available. Haven't decided what to do long term however. My big leopard is going ON the bar and my second lion from CMS is going ... somewhere? Maybe move the table out from beneath the television and put him there?

But yeah, at some point, I'm either going to have to knock out the wall with the fireplace and go longer (don't want to get into the expense of changing the roof line by going wider Wink OR build an entirely new building out back. Kind of leaning that direction with 3 garage stalls on the back side for a tractor, my sports car, and maybe a proper workshop / reloading room. Just an easy matter of money you know! Kind of like golf being an easy and simple game of distance and direction? sofa NOT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful trophy room Todd, I am sure many great memories.

Going to be an odd question but who made/what wood is the TV stand?

Simply, Elegant but always approachable

Posts: 354 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 24 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seasons44:
Beautiful trophy room Todd, I am sure many great memories.

Going to be an odd question but who made/what wood is the TV stand?

Oh man, I have no idea. It is an item the wife and I found in a "Western" furniture store here in North Texas. Has cow hide (with the hair) on the drawers and "longhorn" cow head type drawer handles. It just looked rustic as our entire house is decorated in this manner. Beyond that, I couldn't tell you. Really nothing special as we see dressers very similar all the time. You might Google Texas Western Furniture and see if you find anything similar.