THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TROPHY ROOM FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Trophy Room Pictures    Trophies in my new house (MORE PICS ADDED) (MORE TODAY)(MORE 5/30)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trophies in my new house (MORE PICS ADDED) (MORE TODAY)(MORE 5/30)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'll never have a trophy room but we've tried to put our mounts throughout the house. The living and dining room are looking pretty good now but I still have some room left. Thought you guys might like to take a look.

These last 2 sets of horns are particularly important t ome as it took 6 years to get them released from Zambia. It's a long story but they are both very good and I very happy to have them on my office wall.

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12932 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done! I like the variety and different types of taxidermy. Skins, mounts, tusks and rugs all blended well together.

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Very nice Mark. Keep updating when you get others up (I know there are more on the way).

Thanks for sharing.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who did the taxidermy on the goat? I like it!

<Hunter Formerly Known As Texas Hunter>
posted
Mark, very nice. That's a lot of critters. I hope you don't mind me asking - Do you share your home with a wife? Smiler

PS - I like that leopard looking out the window.

One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
Looks great Mark. It will look even more impressive with that lord derby eland.

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Thanks for the kind words. I'll try to get some more shots later as there are quite a few in the rest of the house. The natural light coming in from outside is pretty bad for pics this PM.

HFKATH,

I have no wife but I've lived with the same lady for 26 years. She is more interested in the taxidermy than I am. I do realize how lucky I am.

SG,

Atcheson Taxidermy did the goat and most of the other mounts. I think the rug was a good choice for the goat as it shows off the beautiful coat without the cost of a lifesize.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12932 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Although I'm not too keen on the balance of the one wall where the kudu hangs, you no doubt had a reason for doing it that way. The mounts are very nice, however. Lots of memories there. -TONY

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Your right! From that angle the Grant's looks like it shouldn't be in there. When in the room looking diectly on it doesn't look bad at all.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, love that Gerenuk in the pics.. What I would do to have one of them and a lesser kudu!!

Great looking casa!!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love it Mark-I can't wait for you to see our home next fall!!!

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of duggaboybuff
posted Hide Post
Very nice, good to see you made provisions for your trophies in your new house. well done!

Posts: 411 | Location: australia | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
I couldn't see why anyone would shoot a Hyena as trophy till i saw your Hyena skin,it looks great thanks for sharing with us.

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1874 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keep the skins on the sofa or on the floor they don't look nice on the wall. The room is nicely lit ant the head mounts are classic,congrats.What you are missing is a book shelf collection and a view to a swimming pool and to the sea Cool

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very good cool and neatly done.regards

ur 3 greatest hunts r ur first ur last and ur next

one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice but.....No buff mounts?

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome mountain goat rug I always wanted to do that if I get one.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Love the tusks. If you don't mind me asking what is the weights?

Mac

Posts: 1732 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
McKay

I don't mind at all. They are 57x58 pounds with quite a large nerve.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Mark,

It's not only the Grant's, where that whole corner looks crowded in the pix. I'm not wild about the tight grouping on the left either.

I'd likely put the kudu as the center focal point where the biggest picture is, move the sneak mount to where the kudu is, and then spread the two smaller critters from the left to each side of the kudu at varying height levels. The pictures, if necessary could then be hung between the mounts or somewhere else.

But again, that's just MY sense of design/balance talking. Big Grin The stuff in the pix you added looks super. -TONY

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice thumb

Posts: 214 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark;

Is that a leopard looking out of the window in the first photo???? I just love that! It looks like it is alive in your room!!!

Regards, D. Nelson

one of us
posted Hide Post
SWAMBO,

That's Oscar the guard leoaprd. Most people like the sitting pose and not having a base on the leopards has allowed us quite a bit of latitude on where to have them displayed.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't like the taxidermy work on the buff.It looks like it was done by an amature.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice manners Shootaway!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would live in any of the homes pictured here.They are all beautiful in their own way.Marks trophies are in rooms that are rich in natural light.IMO,the best way to display trophies.The wood combined with the sunlight has a relaxing effect.This is I think one of the best so far.Taxidermy work may be more expensive than I think.

posted Hide Post
WOW! Thats one awesome trophy room!!! thumb
Sure looks like ya have lots of reminders of some wonderful hunts!!
Nic

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." -George Washington

NRA Lifetime Member

ΜOΛΩΠΛΑΒΕ

Come and get them...

Posts: 8 | Location: Commerce, GA | Registered: 22 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark, very nicely done as well as some real quality animals and I like the buff personally.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post
Does anyone other than me worry about the trophys getting too much sunlight??? I was under the impression that the trophy will fade from too much sunlight.

Wes Webber

An Armed Society Is a Polite Society

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MAU MAU
posted Hide Post
There are many factors that can cause fade. I had quality 3M UV film applied in many rooms of my home to help protect my art and trophy collection and it truly helps.
Do a search here and you will find a plethora of information about UV film from a few people in the business.
Mark, fine trophys and I especially like the Hyena rug. Congratulations.

Posts: 227 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post
I've placed high grade solar screens on all the windows of my trophy mainly for this issue. I have alot of windows in that room and it gets alot of sunlight in the afternoon. The solar screens really cut down on that...it's cooler too.

Wes Webber

An Armed Society Is a Polite Society

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

Thanks for the nice comments. I don't get direct sunlight as the windows in the rooms pictured above are facing north. I also have shades. Some of the very bright pics are products of my poor editing.

Shootaway,

I have to think you start posting after several cocktails. Anyway your posts make me smile.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Very nice collection Mark, they look great!

quote:
I couldn't see why anyone would shoot a Hyena as trophy till i saw your Hyena skin,it looks great thanks for sharing with us.

Now I know exactly what to do when I take a spotted. Excellent choice Mark. Good hunting, LDK

Posts: 6805 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,I went through my entire life not drinking to drinking a beer a week in my late thirties.Now at 40 it got a little out of control along with coffee.I am now back to my old ways and have two beers only when I go out on the weekend.

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
MARK

You've had a lot of fun!!!!

Never mind the beer-talker. (Love the bushbuck.)

Barry

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
I am in shock - I had no idea a Hyena rug could look sooooooooo Cooooool...................

Absolutely great Trophy Room / House.

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

They are beautiful, I love the buff and Oscar the guard leopard. Hopefully, in a little more than a year I will have a buff of my own. Do you have any shots of your hippo and elephant skulls? Thanks for sharing.

Andy

one of us
posted Hide Post
Andy,

Unless you have lots of room and money I think the below is the only way to do a hippo. Unfortunately the ele skull has deteriorated significantly.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
If I am to ever get a hippo, I really like the look of the bleached skull. Could give the approx. length, width, height and weight? I'd like to picture where in the house one of those would go.

Thanks

Posts: 132 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
wsquared,

The hippo skull in the pictures measures 28" L x 16" W x 13" H. I'd guess it weighs 35 pounds. I've had it in 3 different house and it is transported easily as the top and bottom jaw are held together with a bolt that can be removed. This allows the skull to be transported in 2 pieces.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com