THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CAST BULLET FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Cast Bullets    Interchangability of Lachmiller and RCBS Lub/sizers

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interchangability of Lachmiller and RCBS Lub/sizers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Long ago I used to cast a lot of bullets and bought and used a Lachmiller Luber/sizer.

I was interested in getting back into casting but could not find many Lachmiller products except on EBay. Then I read an article in Handloader Ammunition Reloading Journal that RCBS had bought Lachmiller several years ago.

My question is: how interchangable are the current RCBS sizer dies with older Lachmiller luber/sizer. Can I order and use RCBS dies that will fit in my old press, or do I need to totally upgrade my equipment to get back into bullet casting and the ability to lube/size new calibers?

Barstooler

Posts: 876 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
BARSTOOLER
CAN'T HELP WITH YOUR SIZER, BUT THAT'S A FINE CHOIC OF BEVERAGE AND WEAPON!!!!!!!!!!!! clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
Your best bet would be to ask RCBS. I'm guessing that they would be the same, but ask anyway. I know that Lyman and RCBS sizing dies are interchangable as I use both on my Lyman luber/sizer.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use many Lachmiller dies in my RCBS and Lyman luber/sizers without any problems.

Posts: 80 | Location: West Central WI | Registered: 02 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks All.

Ark. PackRat, I'm obviously an old Warthog Driver. Nothing beats the GAU-8.

Barstooler

Posts: 876 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not only do the RCBS dies fit the Lachmiller lube-sizer, their warranty includes it.
Cheers from Darkest California,
Ross

Posts: 117 | Location: Darkest California | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ewin,

That is "most excellent."

Thanks

Barstooler