The Accurate Reloading Forums
Interchangability of Lachmiller and RCBS Lub/sizers

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1811043/m/420107965

14 November 2006, 10:36
Barstooler
Interchangability of Lachmiller and RCBS Lub/sizers
Long ago I used to cast a lot of bullets and bought and used a Lachmiller Luber/sizer.

I was interested in getting back into casting but could not find many Lachmiller products except on EBay. Then I read an article in Handloader Ammunition Reloading Journal that RCBS had bought Lachmiller several years ago.

My question is: how interchangable are the current RCBS sizer dies with older Lachmiller luber/sizer. Can I order and use RCBS dies that will fit in my old press, or do I need to totally upgrade my equipment to get back into bullet casting and the ability to lube/size new calibers?

Barstooler
14 November 2006, 16:58
ARKANSAS PACKRAT
BARSTOOLER
CAN'T HELP WITH YOUR SIZER, BUT THAT'S A FINE CHOIC OF BEVERAGE AND WEAPON!!!!!!!!!!!! clap
14 November 2006, 20:01
Paul B
Your best bet would be to ask RCBS. I'm guessing that they would be the same, but ask anyway. I know that Lyman and RCBS sizing dies are interchangable as I use both on my Lyman luber/sizer.
Paul B.
14 November 2006, 20:45
gutshot_again
I use many Lachmiller dies in my RCBS and Lyman luber/sizers without any problems.
15 November 2006, 02:19
Barstooler
Thanks All.

Ark. PackRat, I'm obviously an old Warthog Driver. Nothing beats the GAU-8.

Barstooler
22 November 2006, 08:16
Ewin
Not only do the RCBS dies fit the Lachmiller lube-sizer, their warranty includes it.
Cheers from Darkest California,
Ross
24 November 2006, 06:01
Barstooler
Ewin,

That is "most excellent."

Thanks

Barstooler