Find
Notify
Tools

My boar with knife video clip
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted
This is a clip from a month or so ago of a 200 lb boar killed with a pack of dogs and an Argentine "machete de ingenieros". boar with knife

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
BTT

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
John,
Muy, muy muy bueno !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very very good, the best thing I have seen around for a while!!!

I think I will go for a drink in your honour thumb

Please let me know where you will be hunting next time...I don´t wont to froze my ass at a waterhole the whole night 100 miles near those dogs !!!

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
(Had to wait until I got home to download and watch).

Very nice. Is it you in the clip? Whose dogs? They weren't quite ready to let go of the boar!

Myself, I am not into throwing them over my shoulders and carrying them, though. Eeker

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
Thank You Lorenzo for your kind words. I am in La Pampa all of March and Most of April and February, but just let me know when you will be here next and we will meet. Boar hunting is open all year. Salud!!

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
Hi Charles,
Yup, that´s me, beer belly and all. The dogs belonged to Cahti (the guy on the camera) and his brother Juan. Cahti´s dog speedy is always the first on the boar and hits him like a freight train. I swear that dog doesn´t slow down one bit before he crashes into his prey. He is a Argentine dogo Russian galgo cross. Juan's purebred Argentine dogo is the toughest and hardest biter of the bunch. You can hear crunching every time he bites down.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I thought I saw at least one Dogo in the mix. Big Grin Those are all some good looking dogs.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice Boar I enjoyed the clip very much also good looking dogs. Thanks for sharing thumb

Aloha!!!

Hunting its not a Hobby its My Way of Life!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
Very nice chase and finish.

I hope you didn't have to walk too far back to the truck with it on your back....

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
congratulations,this is the most traditional argentina monteria so diffunded by the nores martinez family whom im a good friend.Its nice to see the dogos in action,i beleve the dogo is the best boar hunter dog in the world ,my wifes use to have 18 dogos and i personally have 6 .juan thanks for showing our national dog to the world great video.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6369 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Damn nice. Good looking dogs, I love it. Wish my knees were younger.
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
the dogs stole the show Frowner i think you could have done with about three less dogs though.

awesome video, thanks for sharing beer
make us all jealous Mad

now i gotta do my own pig knife hunt now Big Grin

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
Aloha Ultramag. I know from your posts that you have stuck quite a few piggies yourself.
Good hunting.

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
Juan,
I would have to agree. Overall the Argentine dogo is the best breed for boar that I have any experience with.

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
Gene,
Don't we all. In one part of our anatomy or another.

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
Boom,
It was a bit overkill. But, didn't they do a fine job? They worked together all on one side like they knew that they should leave a spot for the sticker. One dog only stayed on the stick side to protect (should always keep a dog between you and the pig and never come at him from the front). Also it is better IMHO too have too many and not too few. Some big boars will not be stopped, and spin and slash then run some more and do this over and over and you never catch up. This boar only weighed 200 pounds but you ocasionally run into one weighing 400 pounds.

Cheers.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
yes this dog for the news is a cross btween spanihs mastiff,bull dog,bull terrier,pointer,pirinean mastiff,great dane,irishwolfhound,boxer by the nores marinez specifically breeded for big game ,the skin is very thick ,they are very strong ,excepcional nose,the white color is to be not mistaken with a boar and to be seeing at long distance.John i remember you from the sci meeting in el rancho grande i organized 9 or 10 years ago ,you are a real nice guy .Remember the meeting where martinez de hoz showed the videos of the SCI .JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6369 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My back won't let me hoist and carry a pig that size, but wouldn't want to either. Too many fleas and ticks, at least the ones here in S. Tx have them.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
Juan,
I laughed out loud when I remembered that meeting just now, and all this time me thinking that we had never met. I am friends with Amestoy here in Cordoba City, also a friend of yours. Small world.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Aloha John...I agree with your comments on the amount of dogs used as my experiences has been along the lines of what you explained about the big boars that will fight and run these will kill dogs quick especially here in Hawaii where I live as the terrain is very unforgiving and the vegetation is very thick so at times it takes awhile to get to the dogs so the more the boar breaks the greater chance of the dogs getting hurt.

Ive stuck a few but I have alot more to go thumb

Aloha!!!

Very good teamwork the dogs displayed on that boar.

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
UltraMag -- You killed Alf!

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
JOHN I REMEMBER THAT YOU HAVE A VERY NICE MCMILLAN RARE IN THAT DAYS IN CORDOBA,YES GUILLE IS A VERY GOOD FRIEND HE MADE A SPECTACULAR 458 FOR ME BASED IN A 1909 AFTER I TOOK HIM TO HUNT BUFFALOS, ILL LIKE TO MEET YOU AGAIN JOHN YOU WILL LIKE MY DOGOS.JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
UltraMag -- You killed Alf!

Good, I hate Alf!....

But, I really LIKE UltraMag's pigtails!

~~~

one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys are hilarious roflmao

Cane thanks for the kind words.

Charles I never cared for Alf myself so I took it as a compliment that I took him out someone had to do itBig Grin

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
I'm suprised you got anything wearing 3 different camo patterns. The poor boar musta been too confused to fight or run. What a hunting fashon faux paux... (see avatar)
sofa

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Collins,

Actually the dog in the background of the pic got him I just stabbed him camo had nothin' to do with it where we hunt camo is pretty much useless as by the time you see the pig and vice versa hes pretty much at your feet.

BTW he wasnt too confused as he took all of a split second to cause some very heavy damage to a couple of our other dogs. He was actually sneaking away from the main dogs when he ran into us and three dogs grabbed him only the one in the background didnt get flown off thats when I grabbed him and stabbed him with only that one dog on him. But thats the way I like it thumb

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:

Me too. Smiler Who'da thunk that a picture of a woman with a dead pig on her back could actually be kinda hot. Red Face Smiler

All locker talk and objectification aside, however, great pic UltraMag! And many congrats on ridding the world of that annoying alien. Wink

JohnAir...can't download your vid clip for some reason???? Frowner
Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
quote:

Me too. Smiler Who'da thunk that a picture of a woman with a dead pig on her back could actually be kinda hot.
Cheers,
Canuck

If by "Kinda" you mean "woo hoo yabada yabada yabada Pant pant pant eek2 I agree!!!

And that's just the pig!

(Appologies (if needed) in advance)

Collins

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
quote:

Me too. Smiler Who'da thunk that a picture of a woman with a dead pig on her back could actually be kinda hot. Red Face Smiler

I'm thinking an UltraMag calendar would sell pretty well around here...different animals being carried off, ponytail vs. pigtail shots, etc.

Wink

~~~

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow - you guys are unbelievable. You're going to run off our only female hog hunter that frequents these boards. Of course, it takes more than a few comments to offend a female hog hunter.

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rattlesnaker:
Wow - you guys are unbelievable. You're going to run off our only female hog hunter that frequents these boards. Of course, it takes more than a few comments to offend a female hog hunter.

I blame my overbearing Catholic mother

Collins

one of us
posted Hide Post
roflmao jump roflmao

Sorry guys it took me awhile to get off the floor from laughing so damn hard you guys are too much. A calender come on now but hey you never know if it'll help me get to New Zealand sooner I......Well lets not go there jump

I know its all fun guys no worries, Thanks Rattlesnaker but youre right it takes a whole lot to offend a lady hog hunter trust me on that one.

Have a good day fellas and stop giving me side pain from laughing so hard actually it could be worse someone coulda said they cant tell which one is the pig now that would be offensiveroflmao

ALOHA!!!

One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
I think a calendar sounds like a good idea. Especially if they all look like ultramag Big Grin

You know it's getting about that time of year for the 2006 calendars to come out Big Grin

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gentleman Jack
posted Hide Post
Good video, got my heart pumping there for a minute!

"There are creatures here that cannot even be found in books, and I have killed them all......"

Posts: 273 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Finally got to see the video. Must have been something to do with the company firewall. Just got high speed at home and it worked fine. Great stuff JohnAir!!

One of my old bosses married a Kiwi, and on a trip back to NZ in 1999 he picked up a book about pig hunting with dogs and knives. Lent it to me when he got back...great read. I have been fascinated by it since, but have never had a chance to do it. Now I know what it actually looks like! Thanks JohnAir. Smiler

Collins: U R right. I only said "kinda" cuz I am bashful. Red Face

Ultramag: thanks for taking it so well! I am sure being a hunter you have heard it all before anyway. Smiler Hope you get to NZ soon!!

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Canuck,

Thanks! Yeah I heard alot trust me but its all in fun and I really enjoy this board and it would take alot to drive me away I think you guys are stuck with me for awhile so get used to it!!! beer jump

ALOHA!!!

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
its all in fun and I really enjoy this board and it would take alot to drive me away I think you guys are stuck with me for awhile so get used to it!!!

thumb beer

Glad to hear how much you like it around here. This is like my home away from home. Have been posting on AR since it was born in '98. I really enjoy the diversity...we get everyone here...young, old, guys, gals, and from every ethnic / geographical background. Smiler

Aloha!
Canuck

ps: Don't let any of our good natured ribbing discourage you from posting more pics! thumb Oops...I just did it again didn't I. sofa Wink Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
I loved Ol' Alf ... But I am glad he was taken out fighting in the jungles of Tropical Hawaii by some fierce lady hunter - and not a roadkill in down town Hollywood. thumb

Posts: 1538 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote