Find
Notify
Tools

Free Christmas Hog Hunt in Edwards County Texas
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
We are overrun on our lease. If you are interested in shooting as many hogs as you want (rifle,pistol,archery,shotgun/buckshot,semi-auto ar, etc) send me a PM.

We will be down there Dec 27-31st. Don't know how many folks I can accommodate yet since I have the word out to a lot of folks. We have 20 feeders on 5,200 acres in Edwards Country on 335.

Requirements to come:
Texas Resident
Experienced Adult Hunter
Must bring 1 youth per adult to hunt; youth hunts with you (son, daughter, nephew, niece, grandson/daughter, etc)
Non-smokers, no heavy drinkers only
Need 4WD (truck/SUV OK)
Bring sleeping bag and food. We have a nice cabin that sleeps 10.
Aggies, Military, and Veterans always a plus!

I'll accept the first qualified PM. I will know more on the 26th and then see how many more folks I can accomodate.

If you want,you can hunt at night/early morning from inside the blind. Bring your own hog lights.

Merry Christmas

ranch: hackberryranch.blogspot.com

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
That is one fantastic Christmas present for those that can attend. Blessings on you for making such an offer, there are still Santa Claus's in our world.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I'm not a Texan....normaly this doesn't bother me in the least

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I figured Texas is so big, it would be hard for anyone else to make the drive!

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
youd be surprized if i alot of people didnt already have plans you could get people from as far away as canada and the europe when advertising free hunts... even if it is normaly 3-400$ for a normal 2-3 day mini hog hunt

im coming down to texas prolly in jan/feb to meet up with crusher and few other of the ar boys i plan on brining down my longbows a few spears and maybe a muzzel loader then its time to slam some swine.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
larrys in this thread was really wanting a hog hunt for he and his daughter bit I dont think he is a TX resident

http://forums.accuratereloadin...3411043/m/3541045861

Anyway, it was in the what I want for Christmas thread so I thought I'd share

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
remeber its only 45$ for a 5 day permit. I think he was under the impression if you wernt in texas it was to far for ya to come but hell soon see people will come from all over hells half acre

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, man I wish I could on those dates. Just had abdominal surgery last Friday. Doctor won't release me until February. If it comes up again, please keep me in mind. I would relish the opportunity. Texas is not that far from Kansas and my in-laws live in Austin.
Drummondlindsey, thanks for thinking of me. I really appreciate it!

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Austin,

That is a VERY nice thing to do for fellow hunters!

Good on ya ...

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you have any open spots, I will be in austin, I could make the drive out for a day or two.. thanks.

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i wont be offically an aggie till jan 9th

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39622 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I've had to push this out at least a day to the 28, maybe the 29th. Sick as a dog today.

I've seen a lot of posts.

If anyone is interested and meets the qualifications (Aggie not required). Send me. PM.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
shot me down, I'm in CO, but, would have considered it. Too short a notice and blew my wad for Christmas anyway.

Been half planning on making the drive to Gilmer area in Jan/Feb.
No clue where that county is in Tex. Towns I have some idea's of.

Thanks,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6010 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
County seat is Rocksprings

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
How'd this come off fellas? Did ya'll reduce the pig population a little?

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm right down the road from Austin Hunter (by West Texas standards).

We saw two deer all weekend. One spike I shot, the other-a doe I think-walked out of the brush, looked my way, and went back in the brush, not alarmed at all!

Didn't see or hear a pig all week.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote