New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is It Time?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Time to set the trap again? Went out for a sit last night and to check the cameras--these are two different days in the trap, and one or more have been inside 7 of the last 10 days.

As for the hunting--well, I turned around to scan the pasture to the east and saw a couple of dark shapes that were too small to be cows and too rounded to be calves. Put the scanner on them and it was a bunch of pigs--maybe 7 or 8. Slowly moved the shooting sticks around, got the rifle on the rest and was trying to decide which one to pop when the battery died in the thermal. Mad

By the time I changed batteries, they were no where to be found--lesson learned-if the battery indicator shows less than half-charge remaining, new batteries now.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
good lawd - there's some great bbq there

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38460 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PPP = Perfect Pit Piggies

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats a good lesson.

Works with gas tanks too.

Lets see 'em stacked in the truck soon
in the next post.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had 26 in the trap today--this is a tie with the most we've caught in this trap at one time-

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saved some crops with that catch. A lot of work moving dead hogs around.

Posts: 225 | Location: Dorchester County, South Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DKing--I got there late and the landowner was about done--only a half-dozen left in the trap but he was done too. He has a-fib and the exertion plus the heat had taken its toll. I got the rest of them out, to include the best looking sow I've seen--clean, no lice, etc, and fat. Too bad I can't find folks to take them.

Landowner went home and later told me when he checked his bp it was 63/44--way way low. I was unaware of his a-fib and sort of scolded him and told him he was never to start again without me!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again, too bad that's 700 miles away.

Land owner is lucky he survived. Bet he was very dizzy.

Trying to get the swelling out of my feet a few years ago I took an extra water pill a day for about a week. Got so dizzy a few times when I got out of bed I had to lay back down. Amazing what such things will create.

Wish him well. Make sure he listens to you and there's a way to control things on hand too.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote