New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do pigs & cows get along?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have a question, are pigs and cattle able to be in the same area without going after each other.

Posts: 26 | Location: Slidell LA | Registered: 02 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have seen cows and wild pigs eating together many times.
Once while sneaking through the brush near the river I spotted some pigs. I began a stalk on them. As I got fairly close I saw two HUGE pigs. I could just see a climpse of them, a spot here and a spot there, but they were HUGE. There were several pigs in this sounder. I was finally able to get a look at these HUGE pigs.... they were big calves.
One other time I shot two pigs while they were feeding with several cows. I was above them and shooting down so there was no danger of a pass through. The cows did not even run off at the sound of the shot, in fact several of them walked up and stared at the dead pigs.
As I went down to recover the pigs I was hoping they were not close friends with the cows.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
These did. They often mingle amongst the cattle and, in fact, just love to get in the bull feeders.

Regards,
hm

Posts: 903 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. My father has a fenced 30 acre pasture with a few cattle and 2 medium sized ponds on it. It is way in the back of his property and no one really goes back there except him to feed them. I guess it would be a good area to check for some activity then.

Posts: 26 | Location: Slidell LA | Registered: 02 June 2003Reply With Quote